I'm making this up as I need attention: Spiers is heading back to the Herald as head of sport

How is this joke of a journalist still getting decent positions in the industry? Makes a complete mockery of the mainstream media.

No wonder fan media is becoming more prevalent.

During my recent travels to the Mhanks forums to enjoy their pain, several times they claimed that the Herald was a very pro-Rangers tabloid. I think this appointment would prove how utterly ridiculous that notion is.

Last edited:
I reckon his first objective, if it’s true, he’s on his way back, is, to call for an “end to the season!!!!”
He‘ll say ” Clubs are not providing correct accommodation to visiting teams Correct protocol is not being observed!!!

This is Spiers’ latest piece of trash from today’s “Times”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...q?shareToken=3ac14cfc21d32190cd4808519acc16ed
He’s a ridiculous individual, Jobby Teeth’s press conference has been pretty much universally attacked and ridiculed by everyone, including Celtic fans.

Speirs says “good on Lennon” and defends him. He still tries to maintain he supported us!

I heard people say he enjoys taking the alternative point of view and the reaction it causes.

Does he really like being so controversial that he’s considered to be an imbecile?

I guess he doesn’t care.

Chris Jack's jacket on a shoogly nail?

The columns he has submitted in the last couple of weeks wouldn't make it past Stinky the editor.

What a sad level Scottish sports journalism has sunk to. Expect a regular series of half baked ego boosting moralistic editorials from this sad little man, most of them in some way directed against Rangers.

Truly baffult with this.
Going down the tubes anyway but surely the Herald have got a new and improved suicide wish.

Ok Graham so as you read these posts! Having good thrash , just remember this. we know the lies you told/written in your pathetic journey in journalism!
We haven’t gone away you know, and our day is coming!

Just in time to trash us on our return to the champions league qualifiers. Phones at uefa hq be red hot come July. Nothing football related though.

mentally challenged lickspittle, certainly wont be talking tactics and formations, just rangers bad, celtc good crap.

Obviously blocked the Ross Co humiliation out of his mind.
I mistakenly looked at this and got as far as the line about Steven Gerrard being deified.
He really doesn't understand the reasons why Steven Gerrard is all about upward achievement despite the odds being stacked against him and why Lennon is all about falling off the top when everything and everyone was pulling out the stops to prop him up against a backdrop of every advantage going.

For that reason alone Spiers is a clown, never mind the other calumnies he has been guilty off over the years that he has been involved in Scottish football.
Being a prick is one thing, being a dense know nothing arrogant prick is totally beyond the sporting and journalistic pale.

Back