I'm making this up as I need attention: Spiers is heading back to the Herald as head of sport

I would have thought that newspapers made appointments to try & get the circulation up, not down. What a truly staggering appointment.

Coming soon, Problem Page with The Gay Blade.

Ladies : Do you have problems satifying your man / boyfriend. ?

The Gay Blade will give you answers to satisfy any man.

Why are guys like Football Stewart or SL Football on Twitter not employed by these dying papers?

They are actually passionate about football and have a proper understanding of tactics and the game.

They give morons like Spiers and Murray jobs and wonder why their numbers are plummeting.

The final act in the self immolation of a once proud newspaper.

Bringing back the individual, who more than anyone, is responsible for losing more readers than any other in the Herald's history, is beyond madness.

Spiers was, is and always will be, toxic.

Hell mend them!
Becoming a Nationalist supporting paper hasn't helped either, previous editors must be turning in their Graves

I wouldn't tire of punching this nonce's grey matter until the penny drops, Lennon is an abuser, not a victim, he is only a victim of his own ramblings. The biggest majority of folk wanting him lynched, are like minded bigots from the East end. How I would love to see Lennon attemp to try achieve what Gerrard has achieved with little resources in such a short space of time. That cordorouy cock eater knows there's no comparison whatsoever, doesn't even come close

He’s a ridiculous individual, Jobby Teeth’s press conference has been pretty much universally attacked and ridiculed by everyone, including Celtic fans.

Speirs says “good on Lennon” and defends him. He still tries to maintain he supported us!

I heard people say he enjoys taking the alternative point of view and the reaction it causes.

Does he really like being so controversial that he’s considered to be an imbecile?

I guess he doesn’t care.
He drinks with Lennon

This is Spiers’ latest piece of trash from today’s “Times”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...q?shareToken=3ac14cfc21d32190cd4808519acc16ed
I quite liked the way he stood four-square and determined in the face of Kenny Macintyre’s gritty questioning for the BBC at Livingston in midweek. Lennon was having none of big Kenny’s badgering pow-wow with the microphone, but later returned post-match to politely and firmly answer more of his digging questions. Good on the reporter, I say, but good on Lennon, too, for going back to the scene where people are so evidently after his blood.

Jings !!!

Surely to f.uck if newspapers want to survive they need to look to the future? Beggars belief how all these crettons stay in employment? On a plus side though all these septic arse lickers will have to write page after page on the 55 champions.

I quite liked the way he stood four-square and determined in the face of Kenny Macintyre’s gritty questioning for the BBC at Livingston in midweek. Lennon was having none of big Kenny’s badgering pow-wow with the microphone, but later returned post-match to politely and firmly answer more of his digging questions. Good on the reporter, I say, but good on Lennon, too, for going back to the scene where people are so evidently after his blood.

Jings !!!
More than a Jings
Jings, Crivens, Help ma Boab!!!

Spiers is the perfect appointment right now. This guy was WFH and dialling it in a decade before the rest of us. A real trailblazer.

(For those who don’t recall, he was caught red handed authoring a report on a game that he wasn’t actually at).

The Herald obviously getting fed up being in its death throes and just trying trying to accelerate its final demise.

Last edited:
The herald are employing him because he’s persona non grata at Ibrox. It’s what that rag is and has been for some time.

Hopefully he will be consigned to cover the Masters and a peach cobbler will get stuck in his throat

With Rangers clear at the top of the league, possibly going on to dominate for a few years, this is probably the least surprising thing ive heard so far this year.

I actually think hes so crazy he does not mind Celtic losing it means plenty of work probably more ££££... Spiers is pretty good at helping the tims find something else to focus on instead of what happens on the pitch if they are struggling or going through a difficult spell.

If you think he’s an awful scribe for football, you ought to have read his turgid prose as a golf reporter for the Herald when he started out - he managed to be even worse, I kid you not. With the Herald’s circulation figures circling the drain of oblivion this move merely hastens their departure from existence.

Poor bugger. He's going to have to write every single week about how good we are and how we are well and truly back.
That'll sicken him

How exciting for the very few people who actually buy that newspaper. His ill informed knowledge and guess work added to his scurrilous lies will reach hardly anyone. A sad little fanny who will no doubt have all sorts of exclusive stories about no one and nothing important. Sacked in a very short time is my guess and hope.

Back