Tav Penalty Issues

Think it's just a mental thing when he misses one the next one it's on his mind. Once he scores again he will be back to hammering them home.

I have never liked his penalty style. Call me old fashioned but I like a penalty to be hit the way Albertz and Boyd used to take them. Head down and hit hard into the corners.

I always feel if the keeper guesses the right way he has a chance of saving his penalties because he doesn't put much pace on them.

Before he missed a few last year, I thought his run up was getting shorter and shorter.

Same this year. Last week and again today, his run up seemed even shorter than usual and even before he took them, I thought he would miss.

It's a bit like a golf swing, it can just change a little bit without you noticing and the end result is different.

He needs to sit down and have a look at how he set himself up for all his pens this season.

Reactions: Gee
No other club in the top 4 divisions in Scotland has a defender as the designated penalty taker, neither do any clubs in the top 4 divisions in England, they all have midfielders or forwards as the usual penalty takers.
Bizarre post. Have you actually checked this ‘fact’ or are you just making it up?

Sergio Ramos takes the pens for Real Madrid and Spain btw

He’s not even a very good penalty kick taker.
Seriously I’d let him try one, perhaps two more. If he misses them then give it to someone else.

I just hate these short run-ups!
As soon as I saw him a yard from the ball, I thought “f*ck! He is burning this”.

It is absolutely idiotic not taking a couple of steps run up. By not taking a run, there is no wriggle room. His body opens to the direction he is shooting.

It didn’t matter in the end, but it’s still frustrating when there is little between the teams, like a single goal.

Tav never give a look at the keeper before taking his kick. If he may had today he could have stuck it right in the middle as the keeper moved early.

The match thread maniacs were getting to me with their insistence that he shouldn't have even taken one today after his last miss! Really? After all the ones he has buried? The diatribe when he missed was utterly pathetic.

I understand that it could become a 'thing' if he was to miss perhaps another two but for me he is the penalty taker. I reckon he will take the next one and go on to score a few more in a row.

what's your point here exactly?
No other club in the top 4 divisions in Scotland has a defender as the designated penalty taker, neither do any clubs in the top 4 divisions in England, they all have midfielders or forwards as the usual penalty takers.

I never go into match threads. I can only imagine what they are like given some of the comments in here.

Way OTT. I guess some people need something to moan about after we win 5-0.

Bizarre post. Have you actually checked this ‘fact’ or are you just making it up?

Sergio Ramos takes the pens for Real Madrid and Spain btw

He's 100% made it up. Nobody would be sad enough to go and check the designated penalty takers for 8 different leagues, to make a point which is utterly irrelevant. Surely?

Ive always said i dont like tav on penalties. Very rarely do u see him hit a penalty and say even if the keeper went the right way he wouldn't save it

Least he's still got the confidence to take them and on the whole didnt affect his contribution to the game. He looked disappointed coming off tbf but just goes to show no one is immune in our squad. Patterson did well after coming on.

I thought hateley got it spot on. After hitting off target v the sheep it was a safe penalty just getting it in target in the hope the goalie went the wrong way.

I'm not worried. This is the first penalty of his that has been saved in over a year. His last one against Aberdeen he actually sent the keeper the wrong way but missed the target. Just work on them in training and start banging them in again.

Not to mention we've pretty much got the league wrapped up anyway lol

He’s not even a very good penalty kick taker.
Seriously I’d let him try one, perhaps two more. If he misses them then give it to someone else.
0_JS178702676.jpg

Ive always said i dont like tav on penalties. Very rarely do u see him hit a penalty and say even if the keeper went the right way he wouldn't save it
He's scored 2 this season alone right in the corners with the keeper going the right way.

He's scored 2 this season alone right in the corners with the keeper going the right way.
If he was better at pens every One would be right in the corners. Its not a dig at tav but look at the best penalty takers when do they ever miss

2 games in a row I’ve taken Tav to score anytime. 2 missed penalties. It’s on me. I will never bet him to score anytime again.

Apologies James.
It is what it is, coincidentally, he did this last season around this time. He hates January and February, simple!

Back