The league's not over yet

I am on the verge of going all out and breaking away from one game at a time mantra

If we beat Hibs on Wednesday it’s done for me, means we will have doubled our advantage from effectively 7 points ahead on Jan 1st to effectively 14 ahead

After playing Celtic at home, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs away that would be remarkable

That combined with the games we have left would mean we are achieving 55 very very soon

Scum are 23 points behind, but according to Liewells puppets, ra sellic can still win the league, if that's so, why where they gifted a tainted title last season,when mathematically we could still have caught them.

I am on the verge of going all out and breaking away from one game at a time mantra

If we beat Hibs on Wednesday it’s done for me, means we will have doubled our advantage from effectively 7 points ahead on Jan 1st to effectively 14 ahead

After playing Celtic at home, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Hibs away that would be remarkable

That combined with the games we have left would mean we are achieving 55 very very soon
Said in my group chat last Monday that if scum dropped any more points and we finished the month with two victories I'm declaring it!
I'm normally very much in the one game at a time, don't bet but F it...
Having it!

I’m basically here as well.

Said after the 30th December fixture that if we then win all our games in January it’ll be basically done.

Of course, we slipped up against Motherwell, but so did they, twice :))

So, a win at Easter Road will have me totally convinced it’s done.

At the start of January i was convinced with the tough fixtures we had that if we came through them no worse off than the hypothetical 7 points we were already in front that it would be difficult for us to lose from that position.

We need to make sure we beat Hibs midweek. To have doubled our lead will be pretty remarkable having played Celtc then been to Pittodrie, Fir Park and Easter Road.

When we were 13 points behind last season there was apparently no way back for us, yet they think they still have a chance of clawing it back this year

funny that
That goes two ways though surely. For those, rightly, saying that they didn't win the league legitimately last season it's hard to argue that the league is over now until we are over the line.

Looking at the January fixtures, I was hoping just to maintain our lead at the end of the month. The fact they've taken 3 points out of 12, had an absolute mare in Dubai and Lennon looks to be heading for a straightjacket, while we've picked up 10 out of 12, I think puts us out of sight. Obviously still work to do, but it would take an unbelievable upturn from them, combined with an unbelievable collapse from us to prevent us winning it from here and realistically neither looks likely.

Same here, do hibs and I'll happily call it!!

I actually think people don’t realise quite how far ahead we are.
I have seen a lot of people say its not over yet but for the above poster not to even be at the stage if believing it may happen is crazy.

I really don't get why so much seems to hinge on this Hibs game for some people.

Celtic's bid for a 9th successive title:

giphy.gif

Agree with the notion not to get complacent at this stage.

Thankfully, I think Gerrard, his backroom team, and the players themselves will stay focussed and will deliver big performances, one game at a time.

Back