BBC- Martindale for manager of the year award. (I'll crack the jokes)

cm72

BBC News - David Martindale: From Livi assistant to manager of the year contender

BBC News - David Martindale: From Livi assistant to manager of the year contender

If he was to win the cup and qualify for Europe then he would be a reasonable contender. Gerrard should still win it though (especially if we can maintain this amazing consistency up until the end of the season.

I’m sure plenty will be considered but there can only be one winner. Even if Livi go unbeaten until the end of the season there’s really only one winner.

Dream on Pablo Tescobar

200.gif

Europe doesn’t count.

He might be removed from manager# position after ‘Fit and proper report’ although IMO he has done his time. ( Unless disclosure checks say otherwise).

Nobody can deny he is on a good run, if he had been in from start of season Livi might be fighting for 2nd CL place.

I’m sure plenty will be considered but there can only be one winner. Even if Livi go unbeaten until the end of the season there’s really only one winner.

That would mean livi win 2 cups in one season. While going about 25 games unbeaten. If he does that then I don't think even anyone on here would argue much against him getting it. That would be a miracle and not going to happen so unless that does happen I think it's safe with Gerrard .

Gerrard has to have at least one contender to be fair. I'd imagine it will be Martindale and Goodwin but Gerrard will still comfortably win.

That would mean livi win 2 cups in one season. While going about 25 games unbeaten. If he does that then I don't think even anyone on here would argue much against him getting it. That would be a miracle and not going to happen so unless that does happen I think it's safe with Gerrard .
Obviously I meant the league. We can still go unbeaten this season, I have a bet on it.

Article written by Nick McPheat, I wonder what team he supports?

There seems to be many celtic fans who work in the media who pretend they support a smaller team like motherwell or st mirren when they actually support celtic.

Depends what you mean by potential candidate.

If you mean one of a shortlist of 4, then 100% he should be on it at this stage, and it's not even close that he shouldn't.

If you mean actually winning manager of the year, then 100% it's laughable that he would even be considered at this stage and it's not even close that he should

Last edited:
It will be both tragic and utterly predictable if Livi go on to win the League Cup and Martindale is given Manager Of The Year ahead of Gerrard leading us to our first league title in ten years.

What a desperate, spiteful little country we would have become.

These comments seem a bit arrogant tbh. Livi have pretty much as good a record as us since Martindale came in and are in a cup final. Gerrard has been brilliant but so has Martindale.

The jobs he’s done is nothing short of remarkable if he wins a cup with livi he will be with a shout

No disputing that Martindale has done an excellent job since taking over as manager of Livingston.

But to overlook what Steven Gerrard has so far achieved this season in both Europe and SPFL would be beyond belief.
Would it really though? Are you forgetting how petty the sports journalists can be in this country?

As others have said, if/when the league trophy is sat in our trophy room, hopefully alongside the Scottish cup, are any fans going to give a f**k? Personally, I'd just laugh about it.

Would it really though? Are you forgetting how petty the sports journalists can be in this country?

As others have said, if/when the league trophy is sat in our trophy room, hopefully alongside the Scottish cup, are any fans going to give a f**k? Personally, I'd just laugh about it.
I doubt if SG would be too bothered if he was ignored for any managerial award.

He knows the script regards so called sports journalism in Scotland

I posted in the five page thread on the same subject that this actually goes beyond pettiness.

Exactly as long as Gerrards got the league trophy in his hands I doubt he’ll give a %^*& about who the bbc says will be manager of the season.
An egghead I follow on twitter sometimes comes out with a stat I am about to mangle; there is a yearly award in NYC for eating establishments producing the best burger in the city. Something like 70% of past winners have gone bust within 3 years or so. Awards from peers or critics are almost worthless as a measure of success.

Three years work to win a league title with a huge financial disadvantage, or a few months work to possibly win a League Cup.

Hmmm, let me think. :))

Tbh who cares mate
Ultimately, you’re right, we don’t.

When Hamilton’s Billy Reid was given the award ahead of Walter in 2008 for the titanic achievement of, er, keeping his club in the top flight - adjudged to have been of greater merit than our man winning both domestic cups, taking the club to a European final for the first time in 36 years and coming within a baw hair of winning the title and with it an unprecedented quadruple - it was greeted with mirth more than outrage amongst our own, and it’ll be the same this time around if there’s a similar outcome.

It still doesn’t stop it from being any less depressing or pathetic though.

Back