Ex Celtc player Edvaldsson has died

RIP. My dad used to shoot the breeze with him when their paths crossed in Rutherglen. Always said he was a decent fella. Not good times.

Remember him playing for them back in the days where a foreign player in any UK team was a novelty. He was a big lad.

RIP

I remember him playing for them when I was wee because any foreign player in Scotland at that time was considered really exotic. Don't remember much other than he was a big built guy. Sad to see anyone go too early.

Remember him playing for motherwell and them. Big honest type on the pitch and by all accounts a decent man off it.
RIP Shuggie

Think I am slightly too young to remember this guy for them however as stated allegiances don’t matter in times like this. Condolences to the friends and family,

Wow thats absolutely uncanny

I was just remembering mid 70's commentary recently and the name that i kept remembering was Archie saying "Edvalldson"

RIP

R.I.p.Always hated him when he came up for corners.Always a aerial threat to us,sure he got a couple against us.

Father in law’s favourite ever Celtic player, he’ll be sad tonight.

That’s sad news, used to play pool with him in the Pollok Social club back in the day, he lived in Grantley Gardens at the time. Was a nice big guy..
RIP

Big Shug presented me with my swimming medal after swimming against Iceland swim team many moons ago. RIP big man.

Have a memory that Parlane outmuscled him to score with a header from a McLean cross in the famous 3-0 game at Ibrox in 74/75, when we began to believe we would win the league in that historic season.

Back