Frank Lampard sacked (confirmed)

The team have underperformed, but based on the age of who they signed, it was always going to take time to click. They’ve also signed a lot of good players without any consideration as to whether they’d work together.

It’s also not Lampard’s fault that the likes of Werner, who he didn’t buy, have been totally shit.

Unbelievable. He does look a bit out his depth and Chelsea do look very one paced with no real direction. I think the defeat by Leicester was final nail for Roman... Leicester completely steamrolled them and looked like the team that had spent £200m+.

One stat I did read .. Roman Abramovich has spent £110m+ on sacking managers since taking over....that is outrageous.. Mourinho has taken over £30m out his wallet with Conte getting £26m.!

Likely Benitez in as interim manager with a decision in summer for main man. Maybe Rogers or Nagelsmann?

Go on, sign Rafa for longer than rest of this season. Would poor more petrol on the deluded fire :))

I like Frank, seems like a decent fella.

It was a massive opportunity at the time but he really should have stayed at Derby for a few years to properly learn his trade.

As a Chelsea legend the offer to go there was obviously too good to turn down , and there is the chance that it might never have come again, but I reckon he would have been a better manager in the long term had he stayed put.

Nothing against Chelsea...but just don't try for Mr Gerrard....
I doubt the gaffer would manage any other club in England apart from Liverpool, but still.

Reactions: TQ3
Poor decision if so, football down there is such a joke.

without wanting to go all body-language expert, did think he looked particularly down yesterday. Obviously he’s not going to be happy given run they’re on, but even taking that into account he looked very flat.

They have looked gash since the start of December.

Just a bunch of talented players without any real plan.

Nailed it. Players don’t look like they know what their jobs are. I watched them against Leicester last week and they were utterly hopeless. Even once they were 2-0 down they had no plan and looked like they could’ve played on for weeks without creating an opening.

Put English football in the bin, I hope Lampard shows up at another side and hammers Chelsea. Being given 6 months to bed in a new team is a disgrace but not a surprise.
I agree, the game is fcuked. What’s the point in sacking a young manager after 6 months. Thank God our Board stood by SG

Neic Francis Lennon the Prince of Lurgan and the pride of Armagh is the most sought after manager in European football... AKA the Snus god. The funniest quote ever out of that twat Lauries gob on radio snyde. Just before a went to Bolton and killed their team. I’m sure Chelsea must be interested. :)) :)) :))

He was doing better when he wasn’t allowed to buy anyone, but now the team look disjointed. West Ham on the Merry-go-round next for Frank, or Palace, maybe?

In a rational world he's a young manager and club legend so you'd give him time, but this is Chelsea.

Assuming it'll be Benitez until the end of the season?

Lampard should’ve been sacked months ago but the timing seems odd. Surely if they were bringing in a new manager they’d have given him time to access the squad and make 1/2 signings

Rodgers would’ve been an ideal fit

Nothing against Chelsea...but just don't try for Mr Gerrard....
I doubt the gaffer would manage any other club in England apart from Liverpool, but still.
Gerrard was on the verge of a move to Chelsea until the Scouse faithful threatened him and his family.

I thought the signings of Havertz and Werner were really good signings in all honesty.

Both have been absolute dug shite though.
Probably the nails in his coffin
If only one of them had shown the form that made Chelsea sign them then theyd be a much different position

An absolutely insane decision by Lampard to take the job in the first place.

The Chelsea job is never more than 2 or 3 years away from being available - 16 different people have been in the hot seat since Roman took over - so it's not as if he absolutely had to jump at the chance he got to manage them. It wasn't like waiting for the United job coming up when Ferguson was in charge.

He could have waited until he was absolutely sure he was sufficiently ready - similar to Gerrard, to be honest - and waited for it to come up then.

Now, he's been sacked from the only job he only ever really wanted and has to kick about taking up bits and pieces from smaller clubs, with both knowing full well it's not his first choice of club.

He could be back I suppose at some point but what a mental decision to take it, especially under a fairly standard season with Derby.

Lampard should’ve been sacked months ago but the timing seems odd. Surely if they were bringing in a new manager they’d have given him time to access the squad and make 1/2 signings

Rodgers would’ve been an ideal fit
The board will be thinking that they don’t need signings and the reason they’re sacking Lampard is he has all the tools to be successful and hasn’t achieved it.

The team have underperformed, but based on the age of who they signed, it was always going to take time to click. They’ve also signed a lot of good players without any consideration as to whether they’d work together.

It’s also not Lampard’s fault that the likes of Werner, who he didn’t buy, have been totally shit.
Incredible how bad this lad has been.
I thought Chelsea had one a watch when he joined them.

Hardly a huge surprise. Was told to "give my head a wobble" on here when I said they'd be nowhere near the title this season :D

Can sign as many strikers and wingers as he wants; the guy can't organise a side to defend properly.

Would imagine they'll go for Allegri?

Aw well Tuchel it is. He'll last 2 years tops.

Back