Frank Lampard sacked (confirmed)

To be a decent manager you need to attempt erm, tactics, and learn how to organize a defence.

Frank could do neither. Some of those performances are as shambolic as I’ve seen in the EPL.

To be a decent manager you need to attempt erm, tactics, and learn how to organize a defence.

Frank could do neither. Some of those performances are as shambolic as I’ve seen in the EPL.

77 goals lost in 57 league games. Throw in the 54 goals his Derby team lost in a season and it's clearly a pattern of being unable to do the basics right.

I'm positive they said on TV last week during the Leicester game that Lampard's team had the worst goals against record of any Chelsea side in the Abramovich era.

77 goals lost in 57 league games. Throw in the 54 goals his Derby team lost in a season and it's clearly a pattern of being unable to do the basics right.

I'm positive they said on TV last week during the Leicester game that Lampard's team had the worst goals against record of any Chelsea side in the Abramovich era.

If the Athletic story is right, Lampard simply told the players to go express themselves and didn’t set any real tactics. The players were confused.

He didn’t speak to the players. Some of the players he hadn’t spoke to in months. He had to go. Anything else is rosy BS.

Job was way to soon for Frank, it was only a matter of time before Roman pulled the trigger.
Will always be a Chelsea legend to me and every Other Chelsea fan.
Best of luck in the future super Frankie.
Couldnt agree more mate. The bold Frank made me a nice few bob when I had him on for first goal scorer a few times. He didnt dissapoint.

Was down at a Chelsea newcastle game. Half time was 0-0 and got him at 7/1 for first goal. Trip to london and booze up paid for.

I wish him well.

Anytime I've watched Chelsea lately they've been a shambles. It goes beyond just being out of form.

If Gilmour doesn't fit into the next managers plans perhaps we could try and get him back on loan?

Tuchel is the favorite for the Chelsea job, but there is a chance Benitez could be in for it, if Gerrard still has a good relationship with Benitez maybe he could persuade him to loan Gilmour.
I’d definitely take him, but would he want to come back to Scotland after playing in the EPL? If we can offer champions league group stage football, we could get him imo

If the Athletic story is right, Lampard simply told the players to go express themselves and didn’t set any real tactics. The players were confused.

He didn’t speak to the players. Some of the players he hadn’t spoke to in months. He had to go. Anything else is rosy BS.

Just read the Athletic article.

His grand plan for the defence was to buy James Tarkowski and Declan Rice and turn the latter into a centre half(!)

Said in the Sunday Times they specifically wanted a German manager (Tuchel or Nagelsmann) to try and improve Havertz and Werner. Which struck me as weird. Lanyard was heading for the sack anyway but choosing the manager hoping he'd get the best out of 2 players seems nuts. Mind you it is Chelsea...
The sacking’s going to hang round his neck.

I like Frank, seems like a decent fella.

It was a massive opportunity at the time but he really should have stayed at Derby for a few years to properly learn his trade.

As a Chelsea legend the offer to go there was obviously too good to turn down , and there is the chance that it might never have come again, but I reckon he would have been a better manager in the long term had he stayed put.
Lol as you say mate.. impossible for him to turn down.

If any of the betting sites are offering odds for a return one day though. Take it..

Back