Frimpong leaving Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt an “undisclosed fee” which then shows up in their accounts next year as 2.5mil.
Yeah 2/3 million max anything above it’s a crazy. His defending is brutal & his final ball is worse.

If he goes for 10 million what is Tav worth??? We should contact Ping Pongs agent & cash in this summer for 20 million up front.

Screenshot-2021-01-26-at-14.10.49.png

Celtic have a long history of over-egging their player sales. Dembele when he went to Lyon was rumoured to be £35m-£40m, but is now quoted at just £18m (still a lot but half what they claimed). Tierney is similar.

I think they had up what the deal could be - so forecast future sell-ons etc - and then add on the players wages for the deal to inflate the figures that get banded about.
Just to back up my own point:

'Fee could be'. So based on future sell-on clause, appearances, international call-ups etc. Reality is they'll be getting less than half that. The fee is also in Euros so £9m take away all the potential add-ons etc.

As my father would have said "just open the gate for that one"
A bit unnerved that they appear to be strengthening their defence.

I'm sure whatever fee they get it will be reinvested right into the playing squad by Lord Peter of Lawell ;)

Just to back up my own point:

'Fee could be'. So based on future sell-on clause, appearances, international call-ups etc. Reality is they'll be getting less than half that.
Could be around 10 million EUROS which is £8,800,000

And city are meant to have a sell on of at least 30% so around £2.6million of that goes to Man City?

Even if that numbers right it will probably include add ons and certainly won’t be payed in a lump sum.

Not quite the great deal it’ll be made out to be

Even if the fee is reported as 10 million I'd be very surprised if it is that upfront.

It will probably be 4-6 million upfront
1-2 million after 30&50 appearances
1-2 million after his first international cap

That's how deals are structured for guys Frimpong's age these days. Then you take Man City's 30% of it aswell.

If that's the case with his contract then he goes this month also.

No way will they let it run on and lose value or the risk of a pre-contract.
Cannot see eduward hanging around for another year, he will go in the summer imo.
They sell him just now then their will be another riot.

I very much doubt the 10 million fee quoted.

If it is, it’ll include add ons like Leverkusen winning the World Cup etc!

So 10m euros is around £8.9m

take 30% off for Man City And that’s the filth getting £6.2m

And that’s best case scenario will all the money up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back