Virtual Season Ticket, value for money?

It was never going to be value for money compared to a seat at Ibrox.

More of a donation for the present and a commitment for the future.

That's how I see it. It's a donation and an investment/commitment to the future. I'm still working so I'm in a position where I'm happy to renew. Obviously if I wasn't working I'd be feeding the family and keeping a roof over our heads first and foremost but the way things are Rangers are very high on my current list of priorities. In fact I've taken so much joy out of the football club over this past 10 months during various lockdowns and restrictions I'm more than happy to hand my cash over.

Why don't you give us a clue as to your thoughts, or are you just looking to generate some rage from others so you can bitch against the club?
It’s called a forum, where people discuss topics and give views. Welcome!

My thoughts are that since ST holders are paying at least double what RTV subscribers are they should get all access to the RTV platform, not just matchdays,
The level of analysts has been superb, the commentary has been great from Clive (not a fan of Tom Miller personally) KT etc on co comms have been very insightful.

Enough thoughts? Or do you want more to bitch against my OP?

My thoughts are that since ST holders are paying at least double what RTV subscribers are they should get all access to the RTV platform, not just matchdays,
The level of analysts has been superb, the commentary has been great from Clive (not a fan of Tom Miller personally) KT etc on co comms have been very insightful.

What do you mean by 'all access'? See post #135.

I don’t think it is but what choice did we have? At least the club made an effort in bringing in good pundits. I’ll pay it again no problem.

This is a topic for debate, not the usual “no one forces you to buy” etc

In June Stewart Robertson gave an update on the start of the new season which included the plans for VST and he also stated he had hoped we’d have fans back by early part of the season, this didn’t happen obviously.
what he said that gives me food for thought is this -
“In terms of the streaming, we will ensure that every season ticket holder has access to Rangers home matches.

"That’s regardless of whether you are a Sky Sports subscriber you’ll get RangersTV and we’re conscious that we need to get value for fans who have got season tickets.”

My question is (taking away the teams performance for a minute) has the VST provided value for money?
In comparison with RTV unlimited which is around 40% of the cost of an adult ST and has access to everything including the matches that VST get.
My only consideration here is if I can afford to give the money and if it’s being used as best as possible.

We are watching a team on the brink of making history and becoming legends.
Probably the greatest and most important title win in my lifetime.

So it's a resounding yes from me.

Without the season ticket money we likely aren't watching Roofe or Itten.
Maybe even Hagi would not have been signed.
Who knows who we would have sold. Alfie? Tav? Kent to Leeds?

I think it's interesting to consider what people see when they look at the money spent on a season ticket.

Is it simply paying for access to football matches?
Or is it seen as supporting the club financially?

I think a lot of supporters maybe have it backwards in that they think the money they spend is simply paying for access to the stadium on matchday.

Your season ticket money could easily be seen as paying for the players transfer fees and salaries with access to Ibrox (or in this season's case RTV) on matchday being seen as a freebie given in return.

I’ve really enjoyed the coverage but that’s mainly down to having a winning team. In no way is it worth the money I paid for our 3 tickets but I’ve been very fortunate to have the cash To burn.

It will be interesting to see what the club offers come renewal time and I’m surprised there is no dialogue around this already. Equally it’s not just an issue for Rangers but for the entire league with Celtic being the club most affected of all obviously :rolleyes:

Mine hasn’t been, but it cost a lot of cash as it’s B72.

I was always paying for it, the club needed it, but it would have been nice if it was a blanket fee for all given we were all getting the same service.

I’ve paid 3 times what some have to watch RTV. That’s not great.

So why didn't you just say so?

I wonder how people would feel if the club came out before next season begins and says basically "we are scrapping the MyGers scheme, cutting season ticket prices in half and Castore gear will be much much cheaper going forward so you should all expect the quality of the playing squad to reflect this new reality."

I think there is a bit of a disconnect between this idea that as Rangers supporters we demand success on the pitch but at the same time we're asking why isn't the club giving us freebies and discounts etc.

Success on the pitch is so dependent on money coming into the club now that the amount supporters are willing to put in is strongly tied to success on the pitch.

Imagine the choice was pay £190 for the 19 home games on virtual season ticket and watch us finish 2nd again. Or pay £700 for the season ticket with possibly no games in front of crowds BUT Rangers are the champions in May.

In June Stewart Robertson gave an update on the start of the new season which included the plans for VST and he also stated he had hoped we’d have fans back by early part of the season, this didn’t happen obviously.
“In terms of the streaming, we will ensure that every season ticket holder has access to Rangers home matches.

"That’s regardless of whether you are a Sky Sports subscriber you’ll get RangersTV and we’re conscious that we need to get value for fans who have got season tickets.”

My question is (taking away the teams performance for a minute) has the VST provided value for money?
In comparison with RTV unlimited which is around 40% of the cost of an adult ST and has access to everything including the matches that VST get.
Yes as I bought a season ticket and its enabled the club to operate on a stable footing.

I knew what I was buying when I did like many others

Those who claim they didnt know what they were getting are either niave or at it.

We didnt buy a virtual season ticket, that is what some folk here call it to reference the game streams.

If I was purchasing a streaming service then could argue for Rangers unlimited but that wasnt what I was looking for when I placed my order.

I knew what I was signing up to re my season ticket and 55 will be worth it.

However I think giving us access to the full Rangers TV package may have been a kind gesture. In fact it should have been done.

Renewed knowing it was unlikely to get to many games if any.
The RTV coverage has been great and the pundits a breath of freash air.
Could the club offered full access to ST holders? Probably, but tbh between WFH and home schooling I dont know how much Id actually watch over and above the games and press conferences that I get on here.
The one issue for me will be swapping the comfy armchair, central heating on, hot pie and pint watching a game to freezing my balls off and listening to folk moaning and groaning about a misplaced pass.
But Im desperate to put it to the test

I wouldn’t say it’s value for money, but I don’t mind paying it.

It’s slightly better value for money when we have a professional commentator for games.

It’s not value for money, but like most season ticket holders I will keep renewing, regardless if I get to sit in my seat this season or next and so on.
The way things are going I don’t think we will get into Ibrox this year.
I’m lucky enough to have been working and getting full pay through this pandemic, so renewing isn’t a problem for me, also if I or any other fan gives up their season ticket now then you’d never get it back, not for a long long time anyway.

Nothing like being at Ibrox but what are we going to do?Walk away and leave the club on the shitter?Ive some of 21-22 season ticket money saved just now and will definitely renew.They need more than ever.

By the way I realise we are all paying in because we love the club but the directors are currently shovelling money in and we are running at a huge loss year on year to get us back to where we belong.

The service has been good and the team on the park have been exceptional.

But its a difficult question to answer. For those who struggled to afford it or cant afford it, they probably would view it as not being value because the money involved is relatively high. And that is what they will be focussing on.

For those who can afford it and see the £500 (or what ever) as a bit more disposable, they will focus more on the service and the performance on the park. As such, will see it as value.

Either way, when we lift 55! We will all enjoy it.

Just to add its the best I've ever felt about getting shocking value for money and ill do it again next season without a second thought if I have to.

We have 3 tickets in the house and they will be bought next year again regardless, they have been worth every penny as the cost of them is keeping the club going.

No it probably isn't value for money but when is football ever that really?

Buying my season ticket is an emotional purchase each year. It's got very little to do with financial prudence.

It’s never going to be value for money although it’s extremely frustrating that non ST holders can purchase each game for £9.99 when we’re £500+ add in the fact we had to pay extra for the Euro qualifying games which I feel could’ve been given to us free

Happy to pay it as see it as my contribution to the club in difficult times but they really need to sort the tech out. Passwords, tokens, avoid browsers on smart tv etc etc. As others have said could they not just have given us full RTV access?

NO, not at all value for money, terrible infact.

But neither are football tops at £60 a pop and most other merchandise.
It's not about the raw materials cost like it would be if you were buying a car.

It's about the affinity with the club, being part of something special and we pay the money because we support the club and we want them to succeed, which brings us a level of joy that money can't buy.

No complaints from me.

Last edited:
Interviews etc
They normal RTV stuff that you need to subscribe for. Not away games etc
Yeah, I am/was kinda sympathetic to that idea. SLO has explained the problems in one of his posts - mainly centred around subsequent cancellations or refunds of subscriptions. I suspect more than half of all adult season ticket holders will have a RangersTV subscription of some sort already. I suggested a half-way house approach in that post but not sure if its workable.

I bought mine this season. I will be honest that I felt it was a huge amount of money for very little in return. My ticket is £600 iirc. At the time I felt the club could have and should have reduced the cost even by 10% across the board. I also felt that the players should have offered a wage cut of a similar amount not a deferral but that's another issue for another day. I will blindly pay it again next season.

It isn't simple or easy to log in on match day and twice my access code has run out

No it’s not . I paid £550 . Someone buying every home league game will pay £180. Also Mygers £50 , and for what ? . Finally next season renews will be around eight weeks time . Is it £550 please ??: don’t know when you’ll be back though . Surely a discount should be given .

It’s horrendous value, you’d laugh if your Mrs paid someone £500 and got so little for it.

But what else could we do? Our club needed us and we stepped up, again.
When we are back the club should remember this . A gesture like cup games included on season ticket , first euro game . Collectively this season we’ve given the club approx £20m . This won’t ever be repaid . Next season we’ll again sell out

Reactions: fyd
No, but it’s to help keep club going so would do it for next 5yrs if required, but can’t wait to get back to Ibrox really missed the football.

I do think it's a bit shite that virtual ST holders without a regular subscription aren't able to access the highlights/full 90 of a game that they actually paid to watch.

Having password issues as well
Password issues normally arise when you have - inadvertently or otherwise - logged into two devices at the same time. Account gets blocked until you do a Password Reset.

Other issue, if on a mobile device, can be that the first letter of your password gets auto-capitalised - so if its meant to be lower case you need to make sure you correct that.

As for finding the site, there was a dedicated VST viewers website - nothing to navigate. It was live.rangers.co.uk.

Looks like we are all coming under the same umbrella now and the new site for VST viewers is below. Bookmark it.

Reactions: fyd
Haven’t thought twice about the outlay this season, such is the state of the world.

The funds have been vital to the club and will be again next season. Thankfully performance has all but ensured fans will be fighting over tickets next season.

Can’t see us being anywhere near full capacity in Ibrox till season after next kicking off, hopefully I am miles wrong, but just feel we are in a not dissimilar position with regards to crowds to April 2020.

Back