Ben Davies approached by them

Gvc6jbf.gif

Seems like he might come in and be there left back rather than centre back, he played lb for Preston. Only being 6ft will hamper his chances up here of being a cb. Don’t imagine he will be that great going forward which again if he plays left back does not suit a team who play on the attack for majority of the game.

wonder why we would be in for simpson and not this guy

there roughly the same age but one seems to be playing regularly

He’s a good player but not the tallest for a centre back.

He’s also linked with Bournemouth.

wonder why we would be in for simpson and not this guy

there roughly the same age but one seems to be playing regularly

I'd imagine because Simpson will be down the pecking order for us and possibly on a lower weekly wage which would make sense rather than spending £17,000 a week on someone who'll be behind Helander.

Did he knock us back then?
Were we in for him or was in paper talk. Nobody will know. However Ross Wilson and the gaffer likes to keep things quiet. I'd be surprised if we went for him and Jack Simpson considering we have Goldson, Helander with Katic to come back and the option of Balogun to extend his contract. I'd imagine that Simpson will be looked at to replace Edmunson

Were we in for him or was in paper talk. Nobody will know. However Ross Wilson and the gaffer likes to keep things quiet. I'd be surprised if we went for him and Jack Simpson considering we have Goldson, Helander with Katic to come back and the option of Balogun to extend his contract. I'd imagine that Simpson will be looked at to replace Edmunson
Katic is a cert to go on loan for at least the first half of next season imo

Katic is a cert to go on loan for at least the first half of next season imo
Would still leave us with Goldson, Helander, Balogun(if extended) and possibly simpson. Then you have Academy players thrown in aswel. Just doesn't make sense imo. Wages better put elsewhere

If they’ve scouted him, he’s crap. I wonder if the “link” to us was agent talk to make them make a move or up a previous offer.

Willing to bet we were never interested or else reused to match his demands.

There's no chance anyone is choosing them over us. Lennon over Gerrard.

Unless Alex Neil is coming in the summer and has sanctioned this deal.

Reactions: BWO
I’m not going to pretend he’s not a good player, he is. Better than they currently have IMO but a strange one given the likely change of manager.

Back