Morelos versus McGregor - Compare the Media

SM™

Staff member
Twice that happened tonight.

Second time Darren McGregor bundled over Kamara, Main Stand side, and goes on to trample on his leg.

BBC/Sky both full of demands for Morelos to be cited by the Compliance Cow.

Twice during the first-half, once at half-time/full-time, and after the goal is how Alfie's incident should've been dealt with. I've no objections to a 2-game ban for his latest act of twattery, but the game itself was thrown aside for a public hanging with a dozen replays/discussions. They were only THREE SECONDS into the second-half when it started again.

McGregor's incident gets a replay, that scumbag Walker immediately says, "I don't think it was a stamp," and it is buried forever.

Also on the subject of different rules for Rangers, why did a game with three minutes of injury time not stop at 93:05 when Hibs had possession in the centre of the pitch and were on the attack? As soon as Gers win at back, then the whistle goes.

Our lack of media involvement is a national disgrace. Idiot ex-players only, up against a pack of degree-educated yahoo hacks and hateful ex-players.

What chance have we got?

Second time Darren McGregor bundled over Kamara, Main Stand side, and goes on to trample on his leg.

Twice during the first-half, once at half-time/full-time, and after the goal is how Alfie's incident should've been dealt with. I've no objections to a 2-game ban for his latest act of twattery, but the game itself was thrown aside for a public hanging with a dozen replays/discussions. They were only THREE SECONDS into the second-half when it started again.

McGregor's incident gets a replay, that scumbag Walker immediately says, "I don't think it was a stamp," and it is buried forever.

Also on the subject of different rules for Rangers, why did a game with three minutes of injury time not stop at 93:05 when Hibs had possession in the centre of the pitch and were on the attack? As soon as Gers win at back, then the whistle goes.

Our lack of media involvement is a national disgrace. Idiot ex-players only, up against a pack of degree-educated yahoo hacks and hateful ex-players.

What chance have we got?
I agree with everything you say apart from the added time., 3 minutes doesn’t mean 3 minutes, it means a minimum of 3 minutes, could be 3 and a half minutes.

What chance have we got?
This is wrong but who cares about Hibs players.Alfie makes headlines,whether good or bad.
Who down south knows who Porteous or whatever the other guy is called?

I've written a complaint about Sky and Walker and Crocker specifically to Ofcom. Copied in Kick it out, the Rangers SLO (didnt know who else from the club I could copy in) and the CEO of BSkyB, but unfortunately he left/is leaving his post this month and the same email format didnt work for his incoming succesor (bounced back).

Whether Alfie deserved a red or not is frankly immaterial.

That broadcast tonight was a disgrace. Especially when you have an almost identical incident involving McGregor in the same game that could not be treated any differently.

Crocker and Barbour must have implored the compliance officer to act about 6 times between them.

Disgusting racist, xenophobic, prejudiced bigots.

Morelos was out of order and gave the referee a decision to make in an important game. Luckily Clancy missed it. If he got another look that was a red. I think he got the McGregor one right, it looked more clumsy than malicious to me so a booking was spot on there. Alfie is still one who may well cost us when we most need him on the pitch.

What chance have we got?
The cheating lady's front bottom blew for half time when we won a corner !

Morelos was out of order and gave the referee a decision to make in an important game. Luckily Clancy missed it. If he got another look that was a red. I think he got the McGregor one right, it looked more clumsy than malicious to me so a booking was spot on there. Alfie is still one who may well cost us when we most need him on the pitch.
Cost us? He will need to score 4 own goals per game for the rest of the season to cost us a thing.

You're as bad as Crocker and Walker.

Stuff like this doesn't help. McGregor was as culpable as Morelos

Is that yiu Andy...? The ref saw it and said it was deliberate but you continue with your attack on Alfie

This is wrong but who cares about Hibs players.Alfie makes headlines,whether good or bad.
Who down south knows who Porteous or whatever the other guy is called?
That’s the problem bud_light. Everyone down south thinks Alfie is a nutcase because of the way he portrayed by the scum commentary and the agenda against him by these biased 19th Century Terrorist loving pricks.

What chance have we got?
We also weren't allowed to take a corner in the first half injury time.

I agree with everything you say apart from the added time., 3 minutes doesn’t mean 3 minutes, it means a minimum of 3 minutes, could be 3 and a half minutes.

To be fair, and I hate Clancy, he allowed our free kick in the first half, which added an extra 25 seconds or so.

McGregor also said Clancy saw the incident and said The Buff had no where else to put his foot , so with the ref having had a clear view then no further action should be taken , but we will see
Jack Ross said that too. Clancy says he saw it and it was a tangle of legs. So I don't think there's anything in the rules that allows them to cite him, unless they try and call it violent conduct or something.

I've written a complaint about Sky and Walker and Crocker specifically to Ofcom. Copied in Kick it out, the Rangers SLO (didnt know who else from the club I could copy in) and the CEO of BSkyB, but unfortunately he left/is leaving his post this month and the same email format didnt work for his incoming succesor (bounced back).

Whether Alfie deserved a red or not is frankly immaterial.

That broadcast tonight was a disgrace. Especially when you have an almost identical incident involving McGregor in the same game that could not be treated any differently.

Crocker and Barbour must have implored the compliance officer to act about 6 times between them.

Disgusting racist, xenophobic, prejudiced bigots.
Porteous done same on RJ too mate .

very well done re sending complaint they are utter scumbags

You're as bad as Crocker and Walker.
You're not being objective mucka. Morelos was a blatant stamp when seen again. McGregor's certainly isn't conclusive. That is how any ref would see it. The focus is rightly on Morelos and he was in the wrong. If Scott brown did that at Ibrox then went on to score the winner how would you view it then?

You're not being objective mucka. Morelos was a blatant stamp when seen again. McGregor's certainly isn't conclusive. That is how any ref would see it. The focus is rightly on Morelos and he was in the wrong. If Scott brown did that at Ibrox then went on to score the winner how would you view it then?
A stamp would need some downward pressure surely?

No no the ref never seen mcgregor ‘stamp’ or ‘tread’ on Kamara he booked him for the actual foul .

therefore IF the Morelos at tannadice incident is valid and applies to all then mcgregor is due retrospective action .

that also leaves the Porteous ‘stamp/tread’ on Ryan Jack to be looked at too as I don’t think he seen that either . Or , if he did he applied the same rule to both in which case that seems legit refereeing .

ps bring on 55

What chance have we got?
That cheating skunk blew for HT when we had a corner. Happened to us at Tanndice too

In real time I dont see the big deal with it, looks worse in slow motion as does a lot of things. For me Morelos and the McGregor incident are nothing.
Slow motion replays were not allowed when it was McLean at Aberdeen with Morelos. It shouldn't be now. That was not a stamp. End of.

mcgregor firstly wrestled kamara to the ground when the ball was out of play then stood on him. The big difference was mcgregor was apologetic after it. Morelos apologises to no cvnt though. If morelos gestures that it was an accident and he was sorry after the event it would be seen the same as mcgregors imo.

I think you need to be a bit more subjective on a Rangers forum.

There's little that Alfie has been punished for that hasn't been within the rules, strictly applied. But in almost every game in Scotland the same offences, and often worse, and often in the same game, go unpunished and ignored by the media.

It's a witch-hunt against Alfie ( who left the pitch against Dundee Utd with a hole in his thigh and didn't even get a foul.) Give him a break amongst 'his own'.

Stuff like this doesn't help. McGregor was as culpable as Morelos
No difference at all, other than Alfie's reputation. Sky's 'Luke' couldn't wait to ask McGregor about Morelos incident. Ask him about his one on Kamara then?
Both Boyd and McFadden did say straight after that he argued the point against himself with his own stamp on Kamara's leg

A man seeking to maximise damage against Rangers and minimise it when it comes to his own has no place in the gantry at a Rangers game.

I don't want Ian Durrant on commentary with expert analysis from Bomber Brown, just fair & equal treatment.

No no the ref never seen mcgregor ‘stamp’ or ‘tread’ on Kamara he booked him for the actual foul .

therefore IF the Morelos at tannadice incident is valid and applies to all then mcgregor is due retrospective action .

that also leaves the Porteous ‘stamp/tread’ on Ryan Jack to be looked at too as I don’t think he seen that either . Or , if he did he applied the same rule to both in which case that seems legit refereeing .

ps bring on 55
Booking him for the foul is fine. There's a difference between a stamp and a clumsy challenge where one player ends up trampling on another. I've been stood on many's a time on the pitch and never complained, a deliberate stamp is different and should be treated differently by the ref. Everyone is crying for parity of punishment when the two incidents are miles apart.

Who needs enemies eh?

Back