Porteous at our goal.

Coza

This might have been covered on other threads but what is he trying to do?

He tracks Morelos out wide and when Morelos lays the ball back and moves towards the centre of the pitch he follows him. But then as the ball goes into Aribo’s feet he backs off Morelos and steps back towards his own goal.....was he trying to play Morelos offside and he’s stepped the wrong way?? It’s the only thing I can think he was trying as he clearly steps just before the pass.

If his thought was to play Morelos offside it was probably the right thing to do but to step the wrong way and make him miles onside is fucking hilarious.

This might have been covered on other threads but what is he trying to do?

He tracks Morelos out wide and when Morelos lays the ball back and moves towards the centre of the pitch he follows him. But then as the ball goes into Aribo’s feet he backs off Morelos and steps back towards his own goal.....was he trying to play Morelos offside and he’s stepped the wrong way?? It’s the only thing I can think he was trying as he clearly steps just before the pass.

If his thought was to play Morelos offside it was probably the right thing to do but to step the wrong way and make him miles onside is fucking hilarious.
To interested in wanting to get a rise out of Morelos than actually focusing on the football itself and it's cost him he'll never learn he pushed Defoe to the ground in the Christmas game last season and that left the space for Aribo to score

Just watched it back. Yup it’s jacks run he goes to cover.

Sadly not as big a brain fart moment as I had hoped. It was the touchline view of the goal I saw when I thought wtf he’s trying to play Morelos offside and steps the wrong way.

Reactions: TQ3
He’s just a terrible player. Lost count of the amount of times he just hoofed the ball either out of play or to one of our players. A successful game for him is a bad challenge so that he can get up with his big mongo grin and go home to high fives from his poet pals. Will amount to nothing. Perfect replacement for Brown really isn’t he, someone who’s job is to just attempt to rile people up but bring absolutely nothing to the actual football

His very first tackle tells you all you need to know about him.
I don’t think he’d get off with that elsewhere.
Had that been even a little bit off, he’d have been sent off, his team reduced to ten men for eighty-nine minutes!
For a challenge that, in that area of the park, was absolutely unnecessary.
It was dangerous and reckless and only wasn’t proven so because the timing was perfect.
That won’t always be the case.

The way he just gives up on tracking Alfredo is unforgivable from a defenders point of view, passing on your man in that area is suicide, thankfully he committed it.
He is a Rangers hating limited ability carthorse who hopefully ends up at the manky mob.

He's a young Duffy.

Boyd has him nailed. He has said a few times, he is full of mistakes.

The Scottish Media want him to be this Baresi type but all he is, is a thug who wants to hurt players rather than master the game. He has no idea where is meant to position himself, he struggles to play offside, he can't play out from the back, he is a liability for a red every game because of his rash challenges to make himself look hard.

Yes he is 21 and still reasonably young, however the counter argument to that is he has played nearly 3 full seasons now in the SPL and he does not seem to have learned a thing. If anything he has got worse.

This was Hivs cup final their manager said they wanted to be the first team to beat Rangers. Porteous is a very poor player just out to break someone's leg.

Don't get the hype with this diddy. Typical for a Scottish player that flies into challenges and acts a bit of a windup merchant.

At first glance, he just switched off. Watching it again, it's great movement by Ryan Jack that creates the uncertainty and space for Alfie.
Probably something they drum in all day everyday at training and must be especially pleasing for the coaching staff.

I think he’s just shíte.
Pretty much end a the thread mate. He trying for some strange reason to be a plastic hard man who the game up here will love to hate and I have no idea why? He is irrelevant to the game and always will be. The fact that both him and baseball bat Gallagher are in the Scotland team speaks for its self

Yep he is portrayed as this great up and coming defender. He is absolute mince. A wind up merchant and nothing more and a poor one at even that
Suspect a lot of his reputation comes from acting like a goat against big bad Rangers. Apparently over the last few weeks he has been poor against lesser opponents. He should really concentrate on improving his game rather than trying to play to the gallery.

I noticed this morning too that it was him who played Alfie onside for the chance after the goal that he should have done better with.

Basically got ragdolled. Lovely stuff.

Don't underestimate how much Alfredo has the bead rattlers rattled. Would have Bitton pulled him down if it was another player? Or Ajer celebrated a shitey tackle like that? Alfredo scoring against them will add a big fucking hilarious can of fuel to the Timplosion!!

Probably giving himself a run up for another one of his ridiculous lunging tackles that he continually gets away with despite being completely out of control.

Boy is going to do himself serious damage one day, oh well never mind.

Absolutely horrendous defending.

Just no idea what to do or where to be or where to go at a crucial moment. Completely lost.

Cost Hibs any chance of a draw last night.

Switches off, starts to ball watch or watch other runners. His job was to watch Alfie though & he f*cked it up.
That's what a quick passing move can do though, it can get a defending player to switch off for a moment or 2 as they get so focused on the ball.

Our lead up play was superb and Porteous had no idea what to do. Little lost boy. Neic won’t be happy with him.

He's a poor player who is hyped up by folk who probably only watch him in a couple of games a season. If you have a look on the Spoonburners site you can see that many on there don't rate him at all and want rid of him.

Back