Manager confirms Wilson on his way

Us and the mentally challengeds would do ok over there.

But the rest of our league is awful mate.

I'm not saying our league is good but the glamour over there masks the fact there are players at clubs there that simply couldn't hack it in better leagues. There are some good players in the MLS but as teams they are not at a good standard. Whether that's down to the fact it's relatively new and levels of coaching are far behind I don't know! Personally, I think Ross County etc are better teams than the worst of the MLS. We'd walk that league! Just my opinion though

With his contract not up till the summer, will we get a fee to release him early or is it just a case of him being off the wage bill?

Ah well if he is going good luck to him.

He has been sound for a month or two. How many have done the same in the run up to new contracts then their form dipped again.

A great move for him and his family , i read his wife is American so maybe its reasons other than football .All the best Danny , your brilliant goal at the Sheep pen will be my abiding memory of you.
63c715d9-a5ee-417a-b069-31e6933cf88a.jpg

I'm disappointed to see Danny go (again) and think this is a mistake on the club's behalf.

Best of luck to him.

If I am being brutally honest I am actually pleased about this. We need to improve and increase the squad in terms of quality across almost every department if we are seriously going to challenge for the title. Danny is capable of being very good but far too often he switches off and we get the bad rather that the good side to his game.

He goes with my best wishes but in imho we will have a far better defence for season 18-19 than we have at present by moving guys like DW on.

If the reports of him wanting £22k are true, we are right to chase him. He would be an asset at half of that at.

What of Earth? :eek::rolleyes: Where are you seeing reports of that? Everything I've heard suggests that Wilson was happy to extend his current deal - and stay on the same wage - but that the Club weren't interested.

We can, eventually, do better. However, I think it would have been wise to keep him for another season as there are other areas of the team that require strengthening in the short to medium term ahead of the centre-backs.

I'm not saying our league is good but the glamour over there masks the fact there are players at clubs there that simply couldn't hack it in better leagues. There are some good players in the MLS but as teams they are not at a good standard. Whether that's down to the fact it's relatively new and levels of coaching are far behind I don't know! Personally, I think Ross County etc are better teams than the worst of the MLS. We'd walk that league! Just my opinion though
I guess we'll never know how we or our league would compare mate, but I watch a reasonable amount on Sky and the standard is pretty decent in the games I watch. The technical levels ( particularly with the central and south Americans etc.) is above the likes of Ross County etc.

Danny Wilson is basically the last two / three years summed up. Looks great now and again but mostly underachieved.

He done okay for us at times, but if we want to start getting serious we need better.

All the best to him.

Mark Allen and Murty have had a good window to date but this is a bad move.

He's always been a whipping boy on here and there's a collective blind spot about just how good a player he is. He's undoubtedly the best footballer from the back in Scotland and would have suited the way it seems we want to play perfectly. Anybody thinking Bates is going to find Murphy between the lines or Candieas with a long diagonal is kidding themselves on.

He's 26, home-trained, coming into his peak and not looking for daft money. Martin may get better than he showed on Wednesday so I'll leave him to one side but Wilson is clearly better than Cardoso at present and several levels above Bates. We need to stop kidding ourselves on that because Bates is so bad on the ball that means he's a good defender. He's got attributes and he might become a reasonable player but he's some distance from that just now.

i think the fact he is left footed is also important,it gives the team great balance. I am not saying he would play every week, but if we had given him a new deal in July we would not have this problem now.
I think it is a mistake from the club.

What of Earth? :eek::rolleyes: Where are you seeing reports of that? Everything I've heard suggests that Wilson was happy to extend his current deal - and stay on the same wage - but that the Club weren't interested.

We can, eventually, do better. However, I think it would have been wise to keep him for another season as there are other areas of the team that require strengthening in the short to medium term ahead of the centre-backs.
If its true what you have posted then it looks like danny wilson had no future at rangers as the club didn,t want him.

Would love the chance to live in Colorado/America for a length of time, pretty exciting move in some regards. Too many average/bad performances to merit a new contract for Danny especially on increased terms. Seems the right move by the club. All the best Danny boy!!

He's always been a whipping boy on here and there's a collective blind spot about just how good a player he is. He's undoubtedly the best footballer from the back in Scotland and would have suited the way it seems we want to play perfectly. Anybody thinking Bates is going to find Murphy between the lines or Candieas with a long diagonal is kidding themselves on.

He's 26, home-trained, coming into his peak and not looking for daft money. Martin may get better than he showed on Wednesday so I'll leave him to one side but Wilson is clearly better than Cardoso at present and several levels above Bates. We need to stop kidding ourselves on that because Bates is so bad on the ball that means he's a good defender. He's got attributes and he might become a reasonable player but he's some distance from that just now.
Think your making out wilson to be a better player than he actually is.

Bates and Cardoso may be off come the summer anyway. Now is the correct time to let Wilson go, wages can be better spent elsewhere and gives a pathway for the likes of A Wilson to break through/ McCorie to move back(to I'd happy with him where he is)

If its true what you have posted then it looks like danny wilson had no future at rangers as the club didn,t want him.

That would appear to be the case. The poster @Talktalk has repeatedly stated on this thread - from page 4 onwards - that Danny simply wanted an extension to his existing contract but it wasn't forthcoming.

Would love the chance to live in Colorado/America for a length of time, pretty exciting move in some regards. Too many average/bad performances to merit a new contract for Danny especially on increased terms. Seems the right move by the club. All the best Danny boy!!
Denver is a great place to visit ,weed is legal ,you can have a Rocky Mountain high .

What has he honestly done that is enough to leave folk miffed?

Decent player, by all accounts wanted to stay, but club have other ideas.

Another guy who suffered because he wasn't the next Gough/Butcher/Gazza/Laudrup as some thought he might be when breaking through...

Worst crime seems to have been leaving for the EPL and not being brilliant.

Lighten up.

I am disappointed with this. Wilson on his day is a good cb and with Martin with us I think it would’ve made a good partnership going into the second half of the season.

Don't we want players who are good every day? Wilson has had more poor than good performances and if he's off then all the best to him.

Very disappointing - he has been excellent recently and is still improving. I obviously don’t know what he’s looking for to stay at Gers but doubt it will be as much as a decent replacement would require. Gers’ reluctance to offer him more could backfire since I have little doubt that Alves will leave as soon as he gets a decent offer and Cardoso won’t be far behind him.

Letting him go is a misstake. He's far better than Bates amd should be partnering Martin. I assume Alves will be off in the summer, so we must be looking at someone to replace Danny asap.

I've never bought into Wilson being the worst , he has some very good attributes to his game .

The problem I always had with him was inconsistency, coupled with the propensity to switch off in games.

Good luck to him, he is a decent player and I think he will do well in the states.

He is that good there is a massive queue of suitors at the steps of Ibrox begging him to go and play for them......or the MPS has come and he's chasing $$ or moving for family reasons.

Good player on his day but inconsistent

That would appear to be the case. The poster @Talktalk has repeatedly stated on this thread - from page 4 onwards - that Danny simply wanted an extension to his existing contract but it wasn't forthcoming.

Derek said that Wilson was offered a contract and wasn't happy with it i would take his word over anyone else's as hes a proven source.

I've always thought it's his attitude that's been his main problem.

Murty has repeatedly used the word 'hunrgy' during the window. He wants passionate, hungry players who are capable of driving the team onwards and upwards. And by all accounts he doesn't want Danny. What does that tell us?

Do we want underachievers who waste their talent or winners? Let's face it, with his ability he should be Scotland's no. 1 CB by now. We're not exactly blessed in that position right now either. He should walk into the team. Instead he's nowhere near the squad and struggles most of the time to complete a pass without giving it away. Then doesn't even seem bothered in the slightest. Notice his form improved around contract time though eh?

Had the potential to be a Rangers great, made the 1st team when we had a more than decent side.

When he reflects on his career, what will be the highlight? Winning the Championship with Hearts?

I've always thought it's his attitude that's been his main problem.

Murty has repeatedly used the word 'hunrgy' during the window. He wants passionate, hungry players who are capable of driving the team onwards and upwards. And by all accounts he doesn't want Danny. What does that tell us?

Do we want underachievers who waste their talent or winners? Let's face it, with his ability he should be Scotland's no. 1 CB by now. We're not exactly blessed in that position right now either. He should walk into the team. Instead he's nowhere near the squad and struggles most of the time to complete a pass without giving it away. Then doesn't even seem bothered in the slightest. Notice his form improved around contract time though eh?
Bang on the money mate. Exactly how is see it.

McCrorie at 19 is already better than Wilson in every department, including playing with the ball at his feet.

I'd have kept him for the squad, but if he sees himself as more than that then fair enough for him to find it elsewhere

Most sensible post on this thread mate, could not agree more.

Letting go of our best performing centre half this season is not a good move, can’t believe its being suggested that it is.

I can’t believe the way some people are going on about losing Wilson. He wouldn’t get near the first team if all the centre backs we have were fit. Add to that he has not improved one iota since he came back to us and has only recently put up a couple of good performances because his contracts up.

Cheerio and I am glad to see him go. Very little battle in him and has made far too many errors which makes me think mentally he is not what we need going forward. Murthy sees that and we have adequate players to see us through to the summer.

Absolute drivel.

Honestly, even McCrorie himself would tell you thats a load of shite.

I think Wilson is capable of passing the ball well but sometimes thinks he is a superstar and plays aimless balls up the park.

McCrorie is still raw however some of his passing is also very good and he has the potential to be far better than Wilson.

Consistency is the issue with Wilson, he plays a few games and does well then tends to look dire.

I wish him well, if he thinks he is worth more than we are prepared to pay him he does need to go, one thing is certain though, if he lives to be 100yrs old he will never play for a club or team like the Glasgow Rangers. WATP.

Back