BBC - Has something changed?

SE5

I had to go out this afternoon for the later part of the 2nd half so caught it on BBC Radio Scotland - admittedly haven't listened for a while but they did seem pretty positive (possibly overly positive) about our performance and signings / transfer business for the 20 minutes that I listened.

Fast Forward to tonight and Chris McLaughlin is on twitter saying stuff like this.
mt5q21.png

Am I reading too much in to this or is the BBC's attitude towards us shifting?

no idea if it is shifting but was out in the car just after the game and tuned to radio Scotland to hear their pain but was shocked with English and co going on about the penalty decisions and how neither were penalties

I had to go out this afternoon for the later part of the 2nd half so caught it on BBC Radio Scotland - admittedly haven't listened for a while but they did seem pretty positive (possibly overly positive) about our performance and signings / transfer business for the 20 minutes that I listened.

Fast Forward to tonight and Chris McLaughlin is on twitter saying stuff like this.
mt5q21.png

Even Tom Irish said the Martin one was never a penalty,and the Bates one was borderline.itll never catch on

mt5q21.png

Phil White won't be a happy bunny.

mt5q21.png

it will only change when they start reporting every other game, untill then No, dont expect Thenumty to say yes.

there were reports that Dave King was at Pacific Quay CSC during the week.

Dont give them an inch though.

Did someone not say that Dick Gordon said they were penalties?

there were reports that Dave King was at Pacific Quay CSC during the week.

Dont give them an inch though.

Did someone not say that Dick Gordon said they were penalties?
Bates probably was, Candeias definitely wasn't. If the linesman gave it, then it was a bold call. The referee couldn't have/never saw it.

We had it on in the car on the way back from Dingwall,Tom English, "never a penalty", definitely a slight change for the better.

They are beyond impartiality.

Hatred against Rangers runs too deep with many at BBC Scotland. They have no idea the damage they are doing to the credibility of the organisation.

They have no regard or respect for the BBC charter regarding impartiality and unbiased reporting. I do believe they are leaving a huge negative heritage regarding broadcasting and their credibility. Keep the charlatans out of Ibrox they have done long lasting untold damage to their organisation.

Despite what many say I think BBC Scotland are the losers in their battle with us and many fans not just Rangers fans have now sought alternate media sources for their football news and will never return to a untrustworthy media outlet.
The legacy they leave is grim, shame on them for destroying a once fine institution.

I listened to the first 25 minutes on radio as driving the wee guy back from a class. Sounds like the after game panel were more balanced than the commentary team as I thought the actual commentary was as bad as it’s been for some time. Very one sided and clearly cheering County on.

See if there’s a change in the way that shower report us following Kings visit there during the week then it stinks.

Its just another example showing how agenda driven and nonsensical news reporting is.

The BBC Scotland News only mentioned that we won 2-1 and that the first goal was a goalkeeping error. A little bit odd that being the only thing said and no mention of Cummings scoring his first goal for us

Last edited:
They are beyond impartiality.

Hatred against Rangers runs too deep with many at BBC Scotland. They have no idea the damage they are doing to the credibility of the organisation.

They have no regard or respect for the BBC charter regarding impartiality and unbiased reporting. I do believe they are leaving a huge negative heritage regarding broadcasting and their credibility. Keep the charlatans out of Ibrox they have done long lasting untold damage to their organisation.

Despite what many say I think BBC Scotland are the losers in their battle with us and many fans not just Rangers fans have now sought alternate media sources for their football news and will never return to a untrustworthy media outlet.
The legacy they leave is grim, shame on them for destroying a once fine institution.

I'm wondering if they have been reading here that there is a new non biased radio station in town and that the numbers are growing, plus Dave paid them a wee visit this week.

“How many penalties could Count have had?”

“He moves his arm to the ball”

“Individual errors cost County” - absolutely no credit to Rangers playing well today or any comment on how we could and should have scored more.

Didn’t sound or look like any wholesale change to their tone for me.

Last edited:
Were also first up on sportscene....wtf?

Nah bugger them!

Never forgive, never forget!
The last game of the weekend is always first on sportscene. If theres a Friday night game or early saturday k.o thats usually last

Or an example of King doing his job..

That wasn’t meant as a dig at King, fair play if he’s managed to get something sorted.

My point was, the bastards employed over there may now totally reverse the way report on us because they’ve been told to do so. That reeks especially when we all know the vast majority of them hate us.

That wasn’t meant as a dig at King, fair play if he’s managed to get something sorted.

My point was, the bastards employed over there may now totally reverse the way report on us because they’ve been told to do so. That reeks especially when we all know the vast majority of them hate us.
They are becoming an irellevance but it's a relationship worth repairing in my opinion.

For the 1st time in years it feels like we are on the front foot and the scum are the opposite.. If (reading between the lines) King has chosen this moment to reach out looking for an olive branch - I think his timing is pretty smart.

Last edited:
no idea if it is shifting but was out in the car just after the game and tuned to radio Scotland to hear their pain but was shocked with English and co going on about the penalty decisions and how neither were penalties

To be honest, I thought the Bates one was a penalty. I did not think that Martin's was.

The BBC Scotland News only mentioned that we won 2-1 and that the first goal was a goalkeeping error. A little bit odd that being the only thing said and no mention of Cummings scoring on his debut
Maybe because he didn't score on his debut?

If Dave King can sort things out with Mike Ashley, he can sort out a bunch of petty sports journalists.

For all of you wanting to believe that all the BBC Scotland pundits presenters etc are all against us …probably best you dont listen to Thursday’s podcast of Sportsound with Kenny McIntyre.

Some nice things and encouraging things spoken about where we are right now……and ………are going!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05w3ggb#play

Approx 6:45

I'd actually like to know McLaughlin's answer to his own question tbf, because up to now these things have been reported 'selectively' by him and many others.

The real answer is you either report all of them or none at all. It's called impartiality. Something he should try once in a while.

I'd actually like to know McLaughlin's answer to his own question tbf, because up to now these things have been reported 'selectively' by him and many others.

The real answer is you either report all of them or none at all. It's called impartiality. Something he should try once in a while.
Something else he should try is holding his breath at the bottom of the Clyde whilst tied to a bag of coal.
Rancid little cu,nt.

Back