Lennon Gone, now confirmed, Kennedy Interim Manager.

At a guess they’ve agreed to pay him part or all of the money he felt he was owed in exchange for him agreeing to walk now.

The Celtic hierarchy can sugar coat it whatever way they want but Lennon will always be known as The Celtic Manager who lost them 10 (9.5) in a row.

Lennon wasn’t resigning from the job, discussions have taken place regarding him going and best way to play it out.
He wasn’t going to lose his money due to him if he was sacked, him resigning gives him dignity and not an embarrassment being named sacked as a Celtic Man ex player and Manager.

He didn't resign - what did he have to gain with that as he knew it was just a matter of time.

Plus he already alluded to having a few secrets about this season alone so he was obviously paid off.

I get what you're saying but I'm fairly certain there would have been discussions behind the scenes to make it favourable for Neic to resign rather than have to be sacked.
This will be the truth of the matter they will have reached a compromise deal I would suspect it’s cost them a few bob but the damage being done to them was so fundamental they will have had little choice.

I wonder if the outstanding court cases mounting up against that club & all it's real & fabricated entities, will affect the new appointment

Any normal individual would steer well clear of the slightest whiff of this type of abomination - but I wonder how they'll spin it to any potential recruit ?

Lennon-1.png

“Resigned”

They seemed to be linked with a lot of managers whos careers were built on behind the ball rescue campaigns, lovely.

Sad to see him go would of enjoy the next old firm game more with him in charge just to watch his face!

Half of me thinks they'll go cheap option and other half fears them pulling a Brenda out the bag
There's no Brenda out there. A coach of his quality only went to the tims because he was a fan.... Cant think of any other top class 19th Century Terrorist coach out there so it's safe to say no one near that level is going anywhere near the tims

No chance they’ll be playing that mythical ‘cavalier’ football under Clarke. Will be turgid stuff which is what he serves up albeit he makes his teams hard to beat.

When Mourinho gets sacked from Spurs watch the odds plummet as masses of unemployed tramps put their doll money on it, they’ll actually believe it’s possible too B-)

A Poundland Martin O’Neil rebuild then. Would be delighted if they went down that road.

Turnbull for the set piece delivery and a team of monsters playing to bludgeon opponents with brute force. Except they won’t have a Larsson which was probably the single biggest reason O’Neil’s dinosaur football worked so well up here.

The icing on the cake , TLB watching us take the trophy back , was realistically, never going to happen. He couldn’t bare the final ignominy.
It was a stick on the vile rat would jump ship ,and deprive us our rightful gloat . Cowardly odious little man !

Whoever they get has got a complete rebuild on their hands. Unless Fritzl goes crazy with his cheque book they’re at least a couple of years behind us now regardless of their new manager.

Back