Findlay of Kilmarnock moves to USA

Tormusk1872

Kilmarnock must be really in the grubber, dangerous League position and letting one of their better defenders leave.

The player from Cambuslang supports Celtic but his father is a bluenose.

KILMARNOCK star Stuart Findlay has completed a dream move to MLS outfit Philadelphia Union.

The Killie stopper has penned a deal to jet over to the States after the clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

Last week SunSport exclusively told how the 25-year-old central defender was being lined up for a move to America this month in a six-figure deal.

Findlay’s contract at Rugby Park was due to expire at the end of the season — so Killie have opted to cash in on him now and let him leave for a fee.

Hearts had been tracking the former Celtic youth player for a long time.

And the Jambos were expected to make their move to secure Findlay on a pre-contract to head for Tynecastle this summer.

But ambitious Philly — who are the MLS Cup holders — made their intentions clear and have won the race for his signature.

Stuart Findlay said: “It’s a life changing move for me, my fiancée and my family with a new way of life and at this stage of my career this was an opportunity that I couldn’t turn down.

“I wanted to end my time with Kilmarnock in the best way possible and I’m pleased the club will benefit financially from me moving on before my contract expires. It’s a move that is right for all parties and I’m glad that the fans have been understanding about everything.

“To be able to share some of the moments and goals that I’ve scored with the fans – it’s impossible not to hold the club dear to your heart. I’ll miss the football, the supporters and the people around the club who I’ve shared these great years with.”

Head of Football Operations, James Fowler said: “We didn’t want to lose Stuart but with his contract expiring in a few months, it is a good deal for the club and presents Stuart with a new and exciting challenge in his career.

Him and Broadfoot were a good partnership at the back for them and they are evidently struggling without it shame

To be fair I think this will be a rapidly growing problem for the retention of Scottish talent over the next few years. I'm not talking about the very best, but if you reach 25/26 and your level is Killie why wouldn't you take more money to go and play/live somewhere in USA.

The lad will be playing in front of at least 16k every week (compared to the normal 4k standard and 12k when Rangers come to town)

I though he was going to hearts seems a strange one from the team in the us killie are bang in trouble which is lovely though

Total lack of drive but a life changing move

Suppose if he has a good financial package why not
Mid table premiership/ English League 1 level defender, don’t think he’ll have gotten to a higher level.

He’ll be on good money, have a better quality of living and play in front of fuller stadiums in the US.

Quite surprised more players outwith us and them don’t make these kind of moves more often

Last edited:
Could think of worse places to end up than the MLS ... good lifestyle / good money and not playing on a shite plastic pitch every week !! he must be delighted.

Columbus Crew won the MLS Cup/ Championship. Beat Seattle the defending champions I the final.
Tha Union are swell run club, good move for the guy.

Could be he worked away from home and his in-laws corrupted the boy, maybe not failed but he definitely had his eye off the ball

The old man is a top bloke. Although I think he’s still scarred from taking me and my mate golfing when we were younger.

His lad is now set for life and a superb quality of life awaits. I’m sure that’ll help counter any regrets he’s got about his son’s choice of football team.

Kilmarnock must be really in the grubber, dangerous League position and letting one of their better defenders leave.

The player from Cambuslang supports Celtic but his father is a bluenose.

KILMARNOCK star Stuart Findlay has completed a dream move to MLS outfit Philadelphia Union.

The Killie stopper has penned a deal to jet over to the States after the clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

Last week SunSport exclusively told how the 25-year-old central defender was being lined up for a move to America this month in a six-figure deal.

Findlay’s contract at Rugby Park was due to expire at the end of the season — so Killie have opted to cash in on him now and let him leave for a fee.

Hearts had been tracking the former Celtic youth player for a long time.

And the Jambos were expected to make their move to secure Findlay on a pre-contract to head for Tynecastle this summer.

But ambitious Philly — who are the MLS Cup holders — made their intentions clear and have won the race for his signature.

Stuart Findlay said: “It’s a life changing move for me, my fiancée and my family with a new way of life and at this stage of my career this was an opportunity that I couldn’t turn down.

“I wanted to end my time with Kilmarnock in the best way possible and I’m pleased the club will benefit financially from me moving on before my contract expires. It’s a move that is right for all parties and I’m glad that the fans have been understanding about everything.

“To be able to share some of the moments and goals that I’ve scored with the fans – it’s impossible not to hold the club dear to your heart. I’ll miss the football, the supporters and the people around the club who I’ve shared these great years with.”

Head of Football Operations, James Fowler said: “We didn’t want to lose Stuart but with his contract expiring in a few months, it is a good deal for the club and presents Stuart with a new and exciting challenge in his career.

good Rangers club in Phillie,

The old man is a top bloke. Although I think he’s still scarred from taking me and my mate golfing when we were younger.

His lad is now set for life and a superb quality of life awaits. I’m sure that’ll help counter any regrets he’s got about his son’s choice of football team.
Philly weather isn’t much different from here and easy to get to , great move for him and his Dad who doesn’t have the excuse to go and watch Killie now.

I think with mixed marriages and spiking divorce rates you're slightly detached from reality if you think it's unusual for one to support Rangers and another Celtic. Fair play to him, always felt like he was one of the ones being powered by their hatred against us so good to get rid of him for someone who's rubbish and presumably doesn't care as much.

Back