Rangers urged to seek Brendan Rodgers favour as legend tells Steven Gerrard to 'forget he's a former Celtic boss'

Thats why you're managing part timers Barry. Scouting and analysis isn't just asking your pal what he thinks. There's a professional process in place.

If you don't think that Gerrard will ask Rodgers to send his dossier them you're off your head mate.

Managers do that all the time.

Rodgers and Gerrard have a great relationship as well.

So Barry is correct.

Oh, and that process you speak of actually involves gathering every single bit of information you can.

Il trust our analysis team, thanks Barry. They will look at Slavia with our team in mind, so we know the weaknesses and strengths directly compared to us.

"The Northern Irishman said: “Steven and Rangers won’t need my help on it." This reply tells me that he doesn't wish to help us and I for one don't wish his help so I'm sorry Barry. It's a no for me!
Agreed. Reminds me of a poem I read. You’d think it’s pro Celtic until the last line.
For a Protestant wins standing up, not down apon his knees.

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if SG doesn't speak with BR. I'm sure any information that helps would be welcome.

I think the boss will do ok with the backroom staff that he has , Anyway Rodgers record in europe isn't great so o would imagine he would be the the last person to seek advice from.

Maybe ask him why he treated Slavia with contempt which lead to him getting fucked out at home! Gerrard has plenty of people he’d can go to for advice before that ego!

Ask someone for information on a european team who papped his team out ?. Any information he had on them counted for fu*k all. Get a grip barry.

Suggesting a manager asks his ex manager a question about a team he’s just played, before playing them himself.

Seems reasonable to me.

Not on follow follow just another excuse to bash Barry. Very strange.

What does he need to ask Brenda. His team got beat over two legs. Watch out for them they are quick on the break and stick away your chances.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what Barry said. Rodgers doesn’t want to help and Stevie very likely wouldn’t have asked anyway but Barry shouldn’t get a slating for a pretty standard suggestion. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t know anything about video analysis for goodness sake.

This thread will be another shining example of a Rangers legend taking a tanking rightly or wrongly whilst the likes of Brian Rice, “Yogi”, and Dalglish get their cocks sucked on similar threads relating to their opinions
?take your point,as much as I loved and admired wee Barry,he should think before he opens his brain sometimes, have rice yogi or dalglish offered any views on asking Rodgers for advice,we are still in europe Leicester are out,didn't barry say he couldn't see Ceptic dropping any more points weeks ago ,or was that a myth or mis-quote?

Our gaffer needs no advice from a man who has been a disaster in Europe with every club he has been at.

Stevie G phones the tranny shagger. "Brendan, Stevie G here, looking for some advice about how to beat Slavia Prague". Brendan answers "fvcked if I know Stevie, they pumped us". Get the drift Barry.

Put it this way. If you were going for a job interview and you knew someone who had just been to the interview but didn’t get the job. Would you ask them about, what sort of questions did they ask etc. Even though you yourself has gotten lots of jobs before and are good at interviews?
I know I still would. Anything to help you get the job.

Even if Gerrard doesn’t ask him for help I don’t see much wrong in suggesting it.

If the bold Brendan forwarded a dossier on Slavia Prague, SG should rip it up, as it didn't seem to do his team any good.

I don't think the gaffer will lean on anyone and just do as we have been doing in our due diligence over every team we've faced this far. We'll be well briefed by the time the game comes around.

The Leicester City boss insists Gerrard won't need any counsel from him but Barry Ferguson reckons it's the smart thing to do ahead of a Europa League clash with Foxes conquerors Slavia Prague.

Barry Ferguson reckons Steven Gerrard should ask Brendan Rodgers to help him plot the downfall of Slavia Prague after Rangers were drawn against them in the Europa League last 16.

But the Leicester boss insists Gerrard won’t need any help from him.
The champions-elect were paired with the Czech league leaders in yesterday’s draw in Nyon after they sent Rodgers’ high-flying Foxes crashing out of the competition.

Ferguson believes Rodgers could be a vital source of information for Gerrard on next month’s opponents as they look to move a step closer to the final in Gdansk.

The Record Sport columnist – who led the Light Blues to their last Euro final in the 2008 UEFA Cup – said: “I’m sure Steven Gerrard would pick up the phone to Brendan Rodgers to get his opinion on Slavia Prague.

It would certainly cross my mind if I knew someone who could maybe help me.

Rangers would have had a dossier on Slavia Prague within 10 minutes of the draw being made and they’ll gather more information in the coming days. But I don’t think Steven would think twice about asking Brendan.

“Forget the fact he’s an ex-Celtic manager, the pair of them worked together at Liverpool and these things happen all the time in football.

“It’s not as if he is the Celtic manager just now. And British bosses would all try to help each other, so there will be a bit of communication I’m sure.

Slavia Prague knocked Leicester out and they’re flying high in the Premier League, so they clearly won’t be last-16 pushovers.

“However, when I was looking at the teams in the hat, Slavia Prague and Molde were probably the two that jumped out as being a favourable draw.

“But that’s not to dismiss them. In a sense, these games can be more dangerous because if you draw one of the big guns, then there’s no chance of complacency. Yes, it’s a good draw but you can’t be overconfident.

“We’re in the last 16 of the Europa League, so Rangers will have to show them the same respect as if they’d come out the hat with Manchester United.

“The win over Leicester is all they need to warn them of their quality but let’s not forget a lot of teams would have wanted to avoid Rangers.”

Rodgers, though, reckons that Gerrard will be able to mastermind a victory all by himself.

The Northern Irishman said: “Steven and Rangers won’t need my help on it.

They will have seen the game and have enough analysts who will see how Slavia Prague have done over the season and Thursday night’s game.

“I wouldn’t be expecting a call from him.

“They won’t need my help, that’s for sure.”

Rodgers was kicking himself at what might have been as he missed out on a return to Ibrox, Jindrich Trpisovsky’s side beating his City outfit 2-0.

He said: “I would have loved to have gone back
to Glasgow. It’s a great city and I’m sure it would have been a great game.”

Ferguson is confident Rangers will be able to put the finishing touches to their title bid as well as progress in Europe.

The former skipper and his team-mates had to contend with a fixture pile-up when they went all the way to the showpiece.

He said: “When we got to the Final in 2008 we had fixtures coming thick and fast as we were going for four competitions.

“When you’re playing Thursday-Sunday-Thursday it’s tough – physically and mentally – and a lot of people probably don’t realise that.

“But Rangers don’t have that problem just now.

“We still don’t know what’s happening with the Scottish Cup and they won’t take their eye off the ball in the league. But if that’s sealed in the coming weeks, it will allow them to put everything into the Europa League.

“If they get through against Slavia Prague, the quarter-finals are in April.

“If the title is in the bag by then, they can put everything into that.

“The attitude might change slightly and they can maybe rest players.”

Will do Barry, cheers for the heads up!

"The Northern Irishman said: “Steven and Rangers won’t need my help on it." This reply tells me that he doesn't wish to help us and I for one don't wish his help so I'm sorry Barry. It's a no for me!

I think that is being clever. He doesn't want it known if he has provided any details on SP. He is already Public Enemy No1 with that mob.

The article is over-playing it, but why wouldn't Gerrard ask Rodgers for some feedback? Managers do it all the time and we all know there's nothing like seeing a game play out in front of you, even with all the video footage.

Maybe even ask what Rodgers got wrong or underestimated etc.

For a place that hates the retard ,a lot of folk are very quick to take every written word as fact that barry said x y or z
read on down the article to get what he actually said ,and wouldn't even take that as truth either by the way .

Brenda would be shit scared to offer us any help, his stock at the piggery is almost as low as it gets, but this would have the shark attack mob taking to the Leicester car park. :p

This thread will be another shining example of a Rangers legend taking a tanking rightly or wrongly whilst the likes of Brian Rice, “Yogi”, and Dalglish get their cocks sucked on similar threads relating to their opinions

It's embarrassing and mind numbing it really is.

I've no doubt at all Gerrard will pick up the phone and speak to Rodgers.

Back