Best Scottish referee at the moment?

coinflipper

Is there such a thing? The standard of refereeing in this country seems to have taken a massive nosedive since Hugh Dallas was sacked. It was warned at that time that the standard of refereeing would drop.

I actually think Willie Collum isn't too bad of a ref these days. Sometimes gets them wrong, even horrendously wrong at times, but isn't afraid to give decisions (especially against the manks) which is more than can be said for the majority of shitebag refs in this league.

Madden is a decent ref on his day as well.

Jesus that’s like asking who the best bheast player is.
There is no stand out, I hate to say it but The likes of Robertson, Clancy & Beaton will continue to referee to a shit standard as there’s no appetite from the SFA to change.
It’s a shambles.

I actually think Willie Collum isn't too bad of a ref these days. Sometimes gets them wrong, even horrendously wrong at times, but isn't afraid to give decisions (especially against the manks) which is more than can be said for the majority of shitebag refs in this league.

Madden is a decent ref on his day as well.

Dont think we've had Collum for a while, though I may be wrong.

bml.gif

Dont think we've had Collum for a while, though I may be wrong.

Don't really remember many games of ours that he has reffed this season. Main thing that has stood out to me was him giving 2 pens against the scum in their 3-3 draw with Aberdeen & sending off Brown in their 2-2 draw at Livi. Very few refs in this country who give those decisions IMO.

Also gave a pen and a red card against them in the LC final last season. Like I said not perfect, but not afraid to give decisions at least.

Madden with out a doubt

I'm highly critical of football refs overall, I think that the game management of the "minor" issues that really frustrate players is poor. I'm thinking the kicking the ball away, the small time wasting, the standing in front of a free kick etc.

Also the crowding of refs and the reactions - but if football went the way of other sports games would be abandoned without a doubt

Bobby Madden hasn’t got a whole lot wrong and generally looks composed and in control of a game (and himself)........probably have a horror after me posting this !

I would think it would be, emmm, naw not him.

Probably that ref, oh never mind.

Ummm, the guy we had against. Ah no.

I think the OP hits the nail on the head with the answer to his own question.

I would say Madden as well but the main point of my post is that the standard of refereeing in this country has declined, as was predicted would happen when Hugh Dallas was sacked.

It’s Bobby Madden and it’s because he talks to the managers and players like normal people and not naughty school children

we can accept mistakes from refs, but too many of them are now compromised by the aftermath

The standard is worryingly low and has been for years.
So, in answer to your question , I don't think any are good.

Don't really remember many games of ours that he has reffed this season. Main thing that has stood out to me was him giving 2 pens against the scum in their 3-3 draw with Aberdeen & sending off Brown in their 2-2 draw at Livi. Very few refs in this country who give those decisions IMO.

Also gave a pen and a red card against them in the LC final last season. Like I said not perfect, but not afraid to give decisions at least.
With column I don't believe he cheats or favours anyone his bad decisions when he has them just go the way he is facing.

Tho normally they are monumental fcuk ups when he had them

Clancy, Robertson cheats though clancy hasn't reffed many of our games this year I'm sure.

Walsh loves himself but is reasonable ref.

Beaton is arrogant in how he communicates but also rarely wants to be seen to give us anything the number of big games he has cost us points c and list us momentum pretty sure it was him at killie last year that killed us a little disallowing goal then the loss with handball and soft penalty

I actually agree with this.
He gets things wrong, but I never get the impression he feels himself under any pressure to referee a situation in a particular way.

He is clearly a big-time tim, but he knows that this should be armour against the lunatics of the press and media and thus absolves him of fearing the attacks that will blight the careers of people like Madden and Beaton.

He is also probably an honest guy because for every error he makes against Rangers, there is probably one I can think of that he makes in our favour.

Honest mistakes?
Evening themselves out over a season?
A can live with that.

Madden and Muir are the best, possibly followed by Dallas who's half-competent at least

Controversially, I'd actually say Beaton is often alright but he likes to drop an utter indefensible clanger once a season by the looks of things, maybe his old firm performances have just bought him a bit of favour with me

McLean's abysmal, Collum's a freak, Robertson and Walsh are both wee shitebags

Clancy obviously the worst

They are not a professional organisation. There is no evidence that their governing body is willing to do anything about the kind of performance we seen tonight. If they did then Beaton would be suspended for a month from refereeing any game in the SPFL. There is no redress so we just have to put up with it.
The whole organisation from top to bottom is indeed shite.

Madden and Muir are the best, possibly followed by Dallas who's half-competent at least

Controversially, I'd actually say Beaton is often alright but he likes to drop an utter indefensible clanger once a season by the looks of things, maybe his old firm performances have just bought him a bit of favour with me

McLean's abysmal, Collum's a freak, Robertson and Walsh are both wee shitebags

Clancy obviously the worst
Muir is a shocking ref he thought this challenge was a yellow card and he also sent Ryan jack off for f.uck all at Ibrox in Pedros last game.

0_Kilmarnock-v-Rangers-William-Hill-Scottish-Cup-Fifth-Round-Rugby-Park.jpg

A couple of posters have said Collum and from the limited number of highlights I’ve seen (I’m a wee bit like the old Lex McLean sketch when he tries to get into an Old Firm game for half price - “I’m only gonnae watch The Rangers”) he might be the best of a relatively bad lot.

But as for Mr Beaton, I think he is a genuinely scared, scared man

Reactions: TNT
I'm more leaning towards the idea that they are all just incompetent.
If I was the SFA I would be embarrassed to send any of them out to referee a world cup/euro 2020 match.

Back