The Gaffer's ban?

cooprfc

Heard folk say two games but two bookings for a player is one game so surely that applies to a manager too?

If the language was that bad it would've been a straight red so Beaton has got too emotional for me due to his cheating being exposed.

Don't know what the second yellow was for. Seemed to me that Gerrard had walked away and was just talking to himself at that stage. He was miles away by the time the second yellow came out.

Anyway, Beaton should be ashamed of himself for the chain of events that led to that situation. But I don't think he'll care.

sat 45 mins in the stand

isn't that considered him served it anymore?

No

That's never been the case anyway I dont think mate. Managers previously sent to the stand would be included in the match report and could then face further punishment, decided by a panel.

Disciplinary Tribunal Update | Robbie Neilson, Manager, Heart of Midlothian FC​

Friday 19 February 2021
Alleged Party in Breach: Robbie Neilson, Manager, Heart of Midlothian FC

Date: Saturday 23 January 2021

Competition: Scottish Championship

Match: Heart of Midlothian FC v Raith Rovers FC

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 203 – No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match

Principal hearing date: Thursday 18 February 2021

Outcome: Suspension of 4 matches applied as follows: 2 matches immediate and 2 matches suspended until 31 December 2021

Couldnt make it out of RTV, what was said ?
Someone put it in the match thread at HT if you want to have a look mate but it was along the lines of "why won't you tell me why you made that decision? Cause it was a mistake. Its a fvcking shambles"

I was watching on RTV so missed what was clearly heard on Sky.

To me it looked slightly surreal.

Did Defoe serve Beaton with a drink and then Beaton issues SG a second yellow?
Didn’t make out if it was Defoe but a rangers player definitely gave Beaton a drink then a second later sends the gaffer off.

Couldnt make it out of RTV, what was said ?
I was also on RT, but I’ve seen the Sky version posted on here.

I can’t find it but will reply when I do.

In the meantime, does anyone have the Sky footage where you can hear Stevie G talking to Beaton?

Please post if possible

Beaton is far too sensitive to be a referee, plus he's also quite shit at it in general which doesn't help him.
There's a complete lack of maturity on his part and any confrontation he is faced with he takes the easy/cowards way out by using his powers to send off people.

Footballs a passionate game and they don't come more passionate than Gerrard. There is so much at stake and tensions are obviously high. Referees need to understand this and not be the topic of discussion after a game, it should be the football.

Can someone please post the Sky video with Stevie G and Beaton?

The one with the audible audio.

You could hear Gerrard say "you're bang out of order" on the Sky coverage just before they went off air at half time, then Beaton booked him.

But he spoke to mcinnes and explained why he had to send the aberdeen player off against us. It was beaton wasnt it lol

Can someone please post the Sky video with Stevie G and Beaton?

The one with the audible audio.
From what I could make out, the only audible part of the conversation was,
SG: “you’re not speaking to me?”
JB: “I can’t at the moment.”
SG: “I know why you’re not speaking to me, because you’ve got that fucking bang wrong. You’re bang out of order.”

Then Beaton shows the first yellow. Can’t make out anything after that.

I think Neilson got a straight red?

they will make it up as they go as normal.

I doubt a touchline ban in an empty stadium makes much of a difference.
Can he come on to the pitch at the San Peado to celebrate with the team after the final whistle?

I was watching on RTV so missed what was clearly heard on Sky.

To me it looked slightly surreal.

Did Defoe serve Beaton with a drink and then Beaton issues SG a second yellow?
In here mate. Hopefully it works.

Back