Toasting #55 – What Are You Having?

I'm disciplined -I bought a decently expensive bottle of wine today but I'm currently sticking to the cheaper stuff.

Will open when won.

I just got home from work, hadn't really sunk in tbh, then "This is the One" by the Stone Roses came on the tunes in the car home, got quite emotional, now settled down to watch the videos of the day with a very large Vodka and Coke. Cheers Bears.

Getting shitfaced on an 18 pack of stella tonight. it's almost there but not quite...

Saving myself for some tasty whiskey when we lift the Europa League later in the season ;)

Bullit Bourbon, Wild Turkey bourbon, El Rayo Plato tequila, sambuca, case of bud and 12 bottles of Moderno (mexican lager).

Just some Markers Mark 46 and Cola, and a Pie Sports pie to soak it up a bit!

Wasn't thinking we'd win it this weekend, and planned no to have a drink this weekend (wifes 40th next weekend and then what I thought would be the decider!)

Bought a bottle of Bowmore. Had 1 then decided to stay off it. Want to soak it all up tonight and remember it tomorrow.

I’ve just had my daily pint of celery juice (seriously).

It wiped the smile off my face for a full 5 seconds.

Forgot to chill the champagne. That’s what 8.75 years of hurt does for you.

Had a 55 IPA and now on a Bloody Mary.

It’s stick or twist time for me, took next week off rather than this weeks, those fucking mongos have fecked it for me a bit.

I’m on the sparkly stuff.

I’ve not had a drink since a year today in the way home from a trip to London with the lads for a 6 Nations game v England, don’t drink in the house.

This was us in Royal Wooten Bassett with an appropriate singalong:

Edit: Bloody sound didn’t load. For the non-lip readers, it’s Penny Arcade being sung B-)

Last edited:
On the Jura 'Journey' now, thought it appropriate.

Some red wine with dinner then a beer or 2 and more Jura.

Just waiting for the Moet & Chandon to properly chill now its back in the fridge and then I can replace the water in that glass. Foolishly I expected the Dhims to win today so got caught on the hop.

cai5YRJ.jpg

One bottle of Bollinger down, bottle of Nicolas Feuillatte and Moet and Chandon to go!

Delighted to say I bumped into a fellow bear about an hour ago in a sleepy little village on the south coast in the local supermarket also purchasing champers!

My good lady purchased a bottle of Lagavulin 12 yr old rare by nature special release but found half a bottle of the standard 16 yr old and been told I have to finish that first B-D Hard life

Had a nice red lined up but was in supermarket yesterday and saw a bottle Journey's End from South Africa. Thought it was a sign, cheers to everyone.

Just finished the first bottle of Taittinger -
Second bottle opened but hope to get some assistance from son & daughter who've just arrived

Always promised myself a large Bruichladdich - from a batch my uncle gave me 25 years ago - who worked at this distillery man & boy for 40 + years - & was a good Bear - Islay Loyal - when 55 came -

But have told everyone to keep me away from it - because I'm already wasted & it would be a terrible waste right now
So will hopefully keep it for another appropriate occassion such as when the trophy / flag is presented / unfurled

There's tons of food in the kitchen - but haven't found my appetite yet - still buzzing

Stiil looking for other scarves - apart from the 4 draped from the window & the enormous flag draped accross the car in the drive - all in darkest Essex

I've had congratulatory phonecalls from Toronto, Taiwan, Guyana, Maryland & Abu Dhabi - quite apart from Riddrie, Dennistoun, Carntyne & Fairlie
I haven't checked txts yet

I'm not sure it gets any better than this

I shed a tear earlier - but so far keeping emotions in check

Back