Slavia Prague v Rangers

bigy

Time to start focussing again on the tasks at hand. Getting through another round or two could boost our seeding in next seasons Champions League qualifiers, or if we go all the way we would get direct entry.

How do we see us lining up? Will Balogun come back in for Patterson? A more defensive (and experienced) back line abroad could make sense, but then Patterson does need to be trusted and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

I'd expect to see Arfield back in the midfield three, along with Aribo in the front three alongside Kent and Alfie.

Only caveat would be both Jack and Roofe are back in training and could be pushing for a place - although i'd expect both to start on the bench.

Time to start focussing again on the tasks at hand. Getting through another round or two could boost our seeding in next seasons Champions League qualifiers, or if we go all the way we would get direct entry.

How do we see us lining up? Will Balogun come back in for Patterson? A more defensive (and experienced) back line abroad could make sense, but then Patterson does need to be trusted and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

I'd expect to see Arfield back in the midfield three, along with Aribo in the front three alongside Kent and Alfie.

Only caveat would be both Jack and Roofe are back in training and could be pushing for a place - although i'd expect both to start on the bench.
No

All joking aside the team will be ready. Couple of beers on Saturday and doubt any of them will have had anything yesterday.

I cannot wait for this game on Thursday!!! I love our team and feel quietly confident it’s going to be tough but we can do it :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Only choice for me would be Arfield / Hagi, as the OP says moving Aribo farther up.

Has there ever been a season when a Scottish club is playing European football when the league season is already wrapped up?

It seems so different from 2008. We don’t need to worry about fixture congestion or league business. We can win this thing. Imagine playing in the Super Cup final in Belfast.

I think it will be the same as saturday, we look great with a front 3 of Kent, Morelos and Hagi.

We played with Kent, Morelos, Aribo against Livingston and didn't play well, don't think it is just because of the pitch.

Lots of people always seem determined that Hagi gets dropped when he is usually always one of our better performers.

Last edited:
Nothing we do this year will boost our champions league next season. It’s the following year these points go towards

All joking aside the team will be ready. Couple of beers on Saturday and doubt any of them will have had anything yesterday.

I think Roofe and Defoe were not drinking from what I could see but the rest were smashed.

Jack was out his tits. Morelos was still on a mad one. Arfield was drunk when he turned up for training.

Today is a big detox day, sweat the alcohol out. Early night tonight and some light sessions to follow.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This has to be satire, right?

The whole team will have been wasted, Stevie probably still hanging in his bed from the day before pmsl!

Slavia are a good team we'll need to be at our very best on Thursday and not as slack defensively as we were against Antwerp.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This has to be satire, right?

The whole team will have been wasted, Stevie probably still hanging in his bed from the day before pmsl!

Roofe and Jack looked a bit bevvied yesterday but that doesn't really matter as they are injured.

I may be mistaken but from the players who played on Saturday only Morelos and Goldson looked a bit bevvied yesterday maybe McGregor too, lots of the other players like Davis, Hagi, Kent, Kamara and Aribo etc. looked quite sensible and not drunk.

If stats are correct, as of this morning, aside from us, Sporting Lisbon, Red Star Belgrade and Slavia are the only teams in Europe that are unbeaten in their league games.

I think it will be the same as saturday, we look great with a front 3 of Kent, Morelos and Hagi.

We played with Kent, Morelos, Aribo against Livingston and didn't play well, don't think it is just because of the pitch.

Lots of people always seem determined that Hagi gets dropped when he is usually always one of our better performers.
I like Hagi's ability to look for openings etc; he reads the game so well. Hopefully he starts.

Roofe and Jack looked a bit bevvied yesterday but that doesn't really matter as they are injured.

I may be mistaken but from the players who played on Saturday only Morelos and Goldson looked a bit bevvied yesterday maybe McGregor too, lots of the other players like Davis, Hagi, Kent, Kamara and Aribo etc. looked quite sensible and not drunk.
Your mistaken alright. Kent and McGregor looked tuned to the moon :))

Slavia are perhaps no better than the likes of Benfica, maybe even Antwerp but they are a CL level team in great form and will be a huge test. Hopefully the players have parked the party for a while and are laser focused on these two games as theyre our biggest in many years. A week in between is a great rest and prep so lets get a good result over there and bring it home to bring it home.

After this tie anything would be possible...

Slavia are perhaps no better than the likes of Benfica, maybe even Antwerp but they are a CL level team in great form and will be a huge test. Hopefully the players have parked the party for a while and are laser focused on these two games as theyre our biggest in many years. A week in between is a great rest and prep so lets get a good result over there and bring it home to bring it home.

After this tie anything would be possible...
Probably as an evenly matched game as we could expect, at this stage; they have a chance to go through, and so do Rangers.

Jack was up after 12 looking like he had nicked others unfinished bottles as there were none left on his table.

Half an hour gone and Glen Kamara has curled up into a ball in the corner saying give me 5 minutes, whilst a delivery man has brought Allan McGregor a Chinese. You can see him mouthing “aww thank f*ck mate, yer a life saver”

Back