police scotland

The police are liars. After the pish they put out after the Hibs cup final.

I saw them sitting laughing doing palms up jokey gestures as I was walking past their vans stuck in the traffic on Cathcart Road.

Then they come out and say the Rangers fans were preventing them getting to the stadium.

Put them back in their box Rangers.

Last edited:
I can honestly say none of the criticism I’ve saw from any of the usual suspects has bothered me in the slightest.

You can’t as a clear thinking individual look at the hypocrisy of how we have been treated in comparison to the many other mass gatherings we’ve saw during COVID times.

Add to that an incompetent government who don’t know their arse from their elbow and a police force who are under the thumb of Sturgeon.

Let them bitch and moan, 55 is here and they are all hurting like feck.

Sick of this fucking pish now, all they’re doing is literally making the support even more determined to go out.

restrictions should have been binned a fortnight ago anyway, everyone apart from nat sympathisers has had enough of being kept under house arrest. Give us some pleasure back in our lives you killjoy pricks

Every team that wins the league will have fans congregating to celebrate. How the club can do anymore I’ve no idea Nobody is going to go home even if stevie g appears as a giant hologram in George square telling them to

The Police love a soft target. (Which they think Rangers are). Makes them feel like they're looking out for the community.

They need to be seen to (look like) they're doing something about this.

Never heard anything from them when Scum FC fans were gathered outside the Piggery or when they gathered after the Scottish Cup.

Pathetic.

Last edited:
What do they suggest that the club should have done, any more than they did?

Let's be honest, this was an outdoor event mostly concerning young people who have been banged up in their houses for the last year.
How much of their lives are they meant to lose and who has the right to continually demand that they sacrifice further living for a virus that is probably on its last legs, and which in truth was never a threat to these young people in the first place?

As for the police, they have turned into a limp wristed organisation that pursues victim status with all the appetite of a Hollywood z list starlet married to a thick Prince of the Realm.

The entire structure of the UK and especially Scotland has become totally risk-averse and god help people if they ever have to face up to real hardship.
Ffsake we used to breed men in this country!

The 2 main safety officers at Ibrox are formerly Chief Superintendents and as such are well versed in how to deal with this type of situation.

The abomination that is Poileas Alba is being shown up for what it is; SNatziP's guard-dog. Nikkla pulls the chain and the dug barks and follows her commands.

I was already beeling that the STV lead story cut the Rangers' Board statement to make it sound as if we had done nothing to address the potential situation, but the latest attack, whilst unsurprising, has left me fuming.

I would imagine Messrs Martin and Howe are not best pleased with the way the govt and police are churning out their anti Rangers/ Unionist/ Protestant propaganda.

Go the whole way with this Rangers.

The toy parliament blame rangers and the police. Police respond by blaming rangers. Wee Jimmy hiding behind swinney. All so predictable. Law and order is not Rangers responsibility but by god this has been in the pipeline to put the inevitable on Rangers. If this was that lot celebrating the league it would’ve been very different.

Was he rubbing one out at the same time?
Tbf after reading it out (& before Spew got his rant in) he did play devil's advocate & say words to the effect of "what more could Rangers do. They issued 2 messages prior to their game, announced over the tannoy after their game & again asked fans to go home on Sunday. Anything Rangers did or said wouldn't have mattered".
Not quite absolving the club, but appearing to have a balanced view of things.

As the crowd gathered outside Ibrox, the club officials and players were miles away at the Training Centre.
What "messaging" did they want? Twitter statements? The thousands partying weren't paying attention to social media sites!

Unless they wanted Gerrard to drive over and ask folk to go home. Which would have been a stampede towards him to show hero worship and a real risk to safety.

Crowds arrived despite the club asking them not to. The minute they did start congregating it was way beyond anything the club could do.

The whole thing is entirely political opportunism and abdication of responsibility.
Plus hatred of who was doing the celebrating.

Statement from DCC Malcolm Graham on football fans gathering in Glasgow​

Deputy Chief Constable Malcolm Graham said: “The behaviour which we saw at the weekend was disgraceful and I utterly condemn the individuals who chose to completely disregard the coronavirus regulations, putting both the wider community and our officers at risk.
“I also strongly condemn the lack of support from Rangers Football Club over the messages we repeatedly asked them to put out to persuade fans not to go out celebrating and encourage those who did gather in large numbers to return home.
“We’ve been planning for the conclusion of the football season for some time since the league was allowed to resume and the sport is in a very privileged position given the restrictions seen across the country for almost a year.
“It was very clear through the lack of messaging that Rangers did not take seriously their responsibilities in terms of seeking to persuade their fans to celebrate safely and responsibly.
“I commend the officers who delivered a policing operation which was entirely consistent with our approach throughout this pandemic to maintain public safety and minimise disorder, disruption and damage to property.
“They did this faced with considerable danger, all of which was completely unnecessary and avoidable.
“Where large numbers of people gather at an unplanned event such as this we use established crowd control measures to ensure we are keeping the public safe and manage those who are refusing to disperse.
“We will work with football clubs, local authorities and the Scottish Government to ensure we do everything we can to persuade people that none of these scenes can be repeated as the football season continues.”

Back to your f*cking TikTok videos, ya f*cking wage-thieving, feckless c*nts.

Statement from DCC Malcolm Graham on football fans gathering in Glasgow​

Deputy Chief Constable Malcolm Graham said: “The behaviour which we saw at the weekend was disgraceful and I utterly condemn the individuals who chose to completely disregard the coronavirus regulations, putting both the wider community and our officers at risk.
“I also strongly condemn the lack of support from Rangers Football Club over the messages we repeatedly asked them to put out to persuade fans not to go out celebrating and encourage those who did gather in large numbers to return home.
“We’ve been planning for the conclusion of the football season for some time since the league was allowed to resume and the sport is in a very privileged position given the restrictions seen across the country for almost a year.
“It was very clear through the lack of messaging that Rangers did not take seriously their responsibilities in terms of seeking to persuade their fans to celebrate safely and responsibly.
“I commend the officers who delivered a policing operation which was entirely consistent with our approach throughout this pandemic to maintain public safety and minimise disorder, disruption and damage to property.
“They did this faced with considerable danger, all of which was completely unnecessary and avoidable.
“Where large numbers of people gather at an unplanned event such as this we use established crowd control measures to ensure we are keeping the public safe and manage those who are refusing to disperse.
“We will work with football clubs, local authorities and the Scottish Government to ensure we do everything we can to persuade people that none of these scenes can be repeated as the football season continues.”
Do the job you’re paid for.

We could have done more hahaha if rangers had rolled out the Queen with the home kit on waving a 55 flag saying please stay at home I still would have went to GS nothing was stopping those celebrations yesterday. The police have known about this since December.

How the f()ck did Rangers know how many fans would have been there? And what did they want them to do? Shout out the window and tell them to go home? If the police wanted to they could have broke up the crowd long before it got so large, another police cock up.

With a foot in both camps, I’ll happily say, the Police Scotland hierarchy are an absolute joke issuing this statement.

The police did a good job all weekend, just state that and say there isn’t a lot they can do when that amount of people want to party, don’t try and use Rangers as a scape goat for your political puppet masters.

We put a message out on Friday. For a laugh out social.media team should just out an automated tweet/Insta/FB message out every 5 minutes from now on saying "Stay at Home please. Thankyou"

Hey Alexa. Put FoI request into PS and ScotGov asking for every bit of correspondence between Rangers and the organisations from 22nd February onwards ....

Oh and how much did the spivs make out of finding out the police were acting corruptly? Maybe we should be raising our own action against them think we could get about 20m in damages

Last edited:
Where was all this hatred and venom when BLM protests and marches were going on for weeks? Politicians actively encouraged them and our Police Officers were on their knees.

Hypocrites of the highest order. They can sook my plumbs.
Good point, the politicians and police were too petrified to say anything, careers and important things like that to think about.

They’re doing anything to keep Nicola off the front pages so get used to it, the schools are back and they said that they expect the R number to rise over the next two Weeks but I would imagine they will now changed their pre written stories sitting waiting to go out

Rangers must have a Police liaison, Stewart Robertson should be onto them right now going “wtf is that all about?” And get some answers.

Back