police scotland

They can only police by consent, there was no consent that the public at George Square wanted or needed policing of the lockdown rules.
The rats scream a bloody murder, the government panic that the wider consent is lost and need to double down with faux outrage

ScotGov & Police Scotland would have known for weeks (as we all did) what was going to happen at Ibrox & George Square (it was all over social media) when Rangers clinched the title. There were loads of actions leading up to the title clinching weekend that Police Scotland could have said and done to try and prevent this happening but THEY FAILED MISERABLY and are desperately trying to cover their arses!
I wouldn’t be surprised if Swinney or Yousless asked them to make that statement!

I honestly think we are not too far away from the “government” makes it compulsory for all law officers to wear the Scottish Supremacist lapel badge that Swinney always wears when in front of the cameras. No badge, no job. They already have the Lord Advocate and his team affiliated into their party, just need the polis now.

Quite simply people are fed up with covid. Probably struggling financially the one shining light these people have is rangers doing well. They wanted to show the team their appreciation and celebrate with like minded people. It's not the crime of the century. Theres a lot of pent up frustration and people are letting off steam in a positive way rather than protesting rioting and looting

Totally agree with you that's how it works deflect deflect, at the election get out and vote , that is vote them out.

Every thread I read “vote them out” do you not think the vast majority of Rangers fans have already been trying this for years?!

We need one unionist party to rally behind rather than this situation where the vote is split

I genuinely think the police are trying to cover their arse for realising they didn't engage the public or issue any warning messages asking peoole to stick to the covid rules. Now they are trying to slippy shoulder all that responsibility on Rangers. I hope Rangers treat it with the utter contempt it deserves.

We
Every thread I read “vote them out” do you not think the cast majority of Rangers fans have already been trying this for years?!

We need one unionist party to rally behind rather than this situation where the vote is split

Every thread I read “vote them out” do you not think the vast majority of Rangers fans have already been trying this for years?!

I will bow to your superior knowledge they have a majority at every level something is wrong.

Here's a wee question to Police Scotland.
Why did you not do your duty and stop the gatherings before they took place?
After all it is illegal in Scotland to meet anyone outdoors on groups greater than two households.
The same law applies to any gathering for any purpose, even for favoured groups of the SNP State like BLM and gangs of mentally challengeds causing mayhem outside their own midden of a ground.
Stop acting like an arm of the SNP and start acting like a responsible, independent Law Enforcement agency.
Do your f**king job.

Club Statement , Ok everyone after everything we have been through in the last 9 years , all the venom and hatred that's come our way from our country's football governing body's and our bitter sad rivals , when we win 55 please stay at home tidy the house and get to your bed early !! Aye right what do these clowns want from us . WATP

This the same police Scotland that did Fck all when yahoo’s celebrated jumping up and down on their Vans etc, threw bricks, stones and glass bottles at their own players cars, at cops defending the players ! Threw fences at cops. Allowed Celtic fans at hampden in December for cup final . allowed BLM for weeks vandalising street signs and statues with no social distancing ! Oh and whilst we are at police Scotland! Systematic child abuse covered up at Celtic and the SFA !
anyone asked the question no laughing though must be serious ? Do they honestly think the yahoos would have stayed at home and not celebrated their fantasy ten.

It could be argued they knowingly left the doors open

100% they did, thinking it would be a storm they could manage and it would all blow over the day after - a viable strategy perhaps in normal times, but in a world where people haven’t been able to live normal lives for a year is fucking lunacy. That’s without factoring in the obvious target for controversy Rangers by default is and the SNP’s inability to resist a kick at football fans at any opportunity they get. They were left scrambling yesterday and now have to defend their actions in light of public criticism.

This statements fucked me off more than any chat from the government - even if we disagree with her tone and motive, the first minister probably should have some concern about large gatherings in the current time, and at least be shown to take an interest in it. Police Scotland have an absolute cheek to apportion any blame to the club - if they genuinely didn’t foresee yesterday than they have bigger problems than they think because it is no exaggeration to say say plans for yesterday’s gatherings were put in motion 5 months ago - if they can’t make appropriate plans to deal with yesterday that far in advance then that’s entirely their own failings, and baffling to even apportion any blame to Rangers. They won’t, but I hope the club come out and poke all sorts of holes in that because it’s a farcical statement.

If we had won it in April, lockdown would have been more relaxed. However, because we have won it early (at a canter) we have been victims of how dominant we have been. Ergo, it's selliks fault because they are pish.

See this "spin" malarkey, it's a pure scoosh.

Controlling crowds is the responsibility of the police, not Rangers. How funny that the police spout the same crap that came from Swinney. Another reason why having a single police force was a mistake. Far too easy for them to be controlled politically. Of course, that's why the SNP went down that route. Certainly wasn't to do with improving the service or saving money.

This is unbelievable..

I know we are having a cracking season and out performing expectations but basically feels like we are expected to do the Gov and Polices duties too !

If we had won it in April, lockdown would have been more relaxed. However, because we have won it early (at a canter) we have been victims of how dominant we have been. Ergo, it's selliks fault because they are pish.

See this "spin" malarkey, it's a pure scoosh.
"Lockdown" is over. Has been for some time.

Total deflection from Police. Its their responsibilty to uphold the law. They knew there was a likliehood of 'gatherings' but did nothing to enforce either by public warnings before or by action during the build up.
They clearly made an ass of it and now look to Rangers as a scapegoat.

If all this is so , why do Rangers pay exhoberant policing costs for every game with or without crowds?
Dont think they would be happy if we cut off that golden egg for them.

"Lockdown" is over. Has been for some time.

Exactly, you only have to look around you, it is just convenient for the detractors who will be breaking the rules themselves. I won't lose any sleep worrying about what the police, SNP or Celtic fans think about us celebrating.

My experience of nearly 3 decades in media/PR tells me the following has happened.
1. The police handled yesterday exactly as they should have done and there was virtually no trouble.
2. This clearly did not suit the narrative of the Natzis and their tame media poodles. The sight of so many Union flags on the streets yesterday would have been sickening to them.
3. Herr sturgeon and her cronies need to find a major deflection at the moment because of all the heat on them.
4. Major pressure would have been brought to bear to find a woke/PC senior officer who was prepared to attack the club directly with a nod and a wink that promotion/reward would follow. It took 24 hours to find the

It’s actually a giveaway given that it’s being done through statement issued on Twitter.
Clearly playing politics.

This is where the PR team at the club really need to earn their spurs.
Nobody knows at the moment what went on in the background but a football club cannot be held responsible for the actions of its fans in a public place.
It really is time to come out fighting and say this is all about politics and anti-British bigotry.
And we should be asking where was that top cop’s condemnation of the club involved with the scenes at Sharkheid, the BLM protests and various other unauthorised gatherings.

Just when you think this government can't cause any more damage to this country to protect themselves they have turned a sizeable proportion of the population against the police in less than 24 hours. Going by all accounts from yesterday the police handling of the crowd seemed favourably received with no major issues, fast forward 24 hours and a politically nobbled police chief lays into the club and support almost word for word from his master's mouth. This is sinister and stinks to the heavens.

“We’ve been planning for the conclusion of the football season for some time since the league was allowed to resume and the sport is in a very privileged position given the restrictions seen across the country for almost a year."

So you've had since August 1st last year to plan this and made a complete arse of it.
This is Rangers' fault somehow.
7 months of preparation time and the best was "get Rangers to tell fans to stay home".

How hard would it have been to make sure the area around Ibrox and George Square was closed off to the public from early Saturday morning right through to Monday morning? We are in a lockdown after all so not too many people around to inconvenience.

"Oh no all these fans have showed up and we have no plan. It must be Rangers fault".

F*ck off.

The only thing that could have probably been done is release a statement asking fans to go home. I was surprised they didn't. It would have been one line and would have avoided a lot of this.
Sorry? Come on mate -

Like everyone out celebratIng is checking their phones waiting for a statement from Rangers telling us all to go home?

Gerrard said all that needed said from the club. Stay Safe.

I would even go as far as to say his words may well have kept the crowd numbers significantly down.

That's not going to happen in the near future so vote tactically so that your vote goes to the party that's most likely to beat the SNP in your area.

My experience of nearly 3 decades in media/PR tells me the following has happened.
1. The police handled yesterday exactly as they should have done and there was virtually no trouble.
2. This clearly did not suit the narrative of the Natzis and their tame media poodles. The sight of so many Union flags on the streets yesterday would have been sickening to them.
3. Herr sturgeon and her cronies need to find a major deflection at the moment because of all the heat on them.
4. Major pressure would have been brought to bear to find a woke/PC senior officer who was prepared to attack the club directly with a nod and a wink that promotion/reward would follow. It took 24 hours to find the

It’s actually a giveaway given that it’s being done through statement issued on Twitter.
Clearly playing politics.

This is where the PR team at the club really need to earn their spurs.
Nobody knows at the moment what went on in the background but a football club cannot be held responsible for the actions of its fans in a public place.
It really is time to come out fighting and say this is all about politics and anti-British bigotry.
And we should be asking where was that top cop’s condemnation of the club involved with the scenes at Sharkheid, the BLM protests and various other unauthorised gatherings.
That’s my view.

I said when ‘Everyone, Anyone’ began that it was a waste of time and resources given the antipathy towards Rangers in Scotland. A completely different approach was required.

When Celtic stopped Rangers winning 10IAR the resulting ‘party‘ left two dead. Any misbehaviour was brushed over by the media.

We surely know that if the situation were reversed at the weekend there would be token condemnation of the fans but there would be absolutely no chance that senior political leaders and a senior police officer would criticise Celtic FC.

I believe Rangers should not hold back on future statements and make it clear that the SNP is hostile to the club and support.

Statement from DCC Malcolm Graham on football fans gathering in Glasgow​

Deputy Chief Constable Malcolm Graham said: “The behaviour which we saw at the weekend was disgraceful and I utterly condemn the individuals who chose to completely disregard the coronavirus regulations, putting both the wider community and our officers at risk.
“I also strongly condemn the lack of support from Rangers Football Club over the messages we repeatedly asked them to put out to persuade fans not to go out celebrating and encourage those who did gather in large numbers to return home.
“We’ve been planning for the conclusion of the football season for some time since the league was allowed to resume and the sport is in a very privileged position given the restrictions seen across the country for almost a year.
“It was very clear through the lack of messaging that Rangers did not take seriously their responsibilities in terms of seeking to persuade their fans to celebrate safely and responsibly.
“I commend the officers who delivered a policing operation which was entirely consistent with our approach throughout this pandemic to maintain public safety and minimise disorder, disruption and damage to property.
“They did this faced with considerable danger, all of which was completely unnecessary and avoidable.
“Where large numbers of people gather at an unplanned event such as this we use established crowd control measures to ensure we are keeping the public safe and manage those who are refusing to disperse.
“We will work with football clubs, local authorities and the Scottish Government to ensure we do everything we can to persuade people that none of these scenes can be repeated as the football season continues.”
Little bit of background appointed in summer 2020 and this article from red tops from 3 years prior

They done %^*& all about the scum and their carry on so everyone now thinks that's the standard set! If they hammered the scum that first day they started their riot pish,I'd bet nothing else would've happened. Reap what you sow SS

Here's a wee question to Police Scotland.
Why did you not do your duty and stop the gatherings before they took place?
After all it is illegal in Scotland to meet anyone outdoors on groups greater than two households.
The same law applies to any gathering for any purpose, even for favoured groups of the SNP State like BLM and gangs of mentally challengeds causing mayhem outside their own midden of a ground.
Stop acting like an arm of the SNP and start acting like a responsible, independent Law Enforcement agency.
Do your f**king job.
And stop losing evidence.

Quite simply people are fed up with covid. Probably struggling financially the one shining light these people have is rangers doing well. They wanted to show the team their appreciation and celebrate with like minded people. It's not the crime of the century. Theres a lot of pent up frustration and people are letting off steam in a positive way rather than protesting rioting and looting
This is spot on I think, Saturday and Sunday was 2 of the best days I've had, I met up with mates I've not saw for a good while because of covid and just had a great few days, and it's all down to Glasgow Rangers

This 100%.

The outrage on social media by curtain twitchers is laughable.

Little bit of background appointed in summer 2020 and this article from red tops from 3 years prior

Classic way of being promoted in woke Police today. A proper political cop.
He will be SNP without a doubt.

Police Scotland raging at Rangers because of their inability to police, Scotland. Comical B-D

Let's do a quick summary of the weekend, shall we?

Friday (Pre-Match Press Conference) - Steven Gerrard advises Rangers fans to stay safe and follow social distancing guidelines.

Saturday (Rangers Matchday) - Rangers players and staff follow their normal pre-match routine, and turn up to the stadium where there are thousands of jubilant Rangers fans waiting to welcome them. Police Scotland are present but the crowd is not dispersed. Rangers win 3-0 and the league title is millimetres away. Steven Gerrard again says after the match it's important that fans remain safe during a pandemic. Fans celebrate outside the changing room (with Police Scotland present) and are not dispersed. Rangers players and staff open windows and celebrate out of those windows with the fans who continue to be allowed to stand outside by Police Scotland.

Sunday (mentally challenged Matchday) - As per usual this season, mentally challenged's can't finish their dinner and draw 0-0 at Tannadice. Rangers are champions for the 55th time. Fans start to gather at Ibrox, the RTC and George Square. Police Scotland are present. Rangers ask fans to disperse from Ibrox and Police Scotland walk fans to George Square. Rangers fans celebrate outside gates of the RTC and players celebrate outside building with them (socially distanced). Fans party most of the day and into the night in George Square (not dispersed by Police Scotland who were present).

Still, if only Rangers had sent out a fucking tweet or two eh?
Spot on.

I don't see the problem here tbh.

The Police didn't wade in heavy handed and allowed the celebrations to go on last night the same way they did the BLM protests and the Yes rallies last year.

Releasing a statement like this was always going to happen, it's a box ticking exercise, not an attack on the club.

Have they inves
This the same police Scotland that did Fck all when yahoo’s celebrated jumping up and down on their Vans etc, threw bricks, stones and glass bottles at their own players cars, at cops defending the players ! Threw fences at cops. Allowed Celtic fans at hampden in December for cup final . allowed BLM for weeks vandalising street signs and statues with no social distancing ! Oh and whilst we are at police Scotland! Systematic child abuse covered up at Celtic and the SFA !
anyone asked the question no laughing though must be serious ? Do they honestly think the yahoos would have stayed at home and not celebrated their fantasy ten.

It's been said already by people on here and other Rangers pages, where fans know people who support that lot. They have said "we would have been out too if we won".

The plan to meet at George Sqaure was common knowledge for days maybe even weeks. On the day, all approach roads to George Square were open, no restrictions at all. Police manpower was clearly available on a Sunday. The police patrolled the perimeter in numbers, friendly and approachable, a friendly nod to bears arriving and walking past them to access he square. The only form of policing was to stop people openly carrying alcohol, take it from them, then allow them to access the square freely. I was there, I was standing next to them, not once was I asked to leave and go home.
How the %^*& in anyway does that reality square with the statement form this clown?

I don't see the problem here tbh.

The Police didn't wade in heavy handed and allowed the celebrations to go on last night the same way they did the BLM protests and the Yes rallies last year.

Releasing a statement like this was always going to happen, it's a box ticking exercise, not an attack on the club.
Think the govt hoped it would blow over but they and cops were taken aback at the scale of the crowds and then the backlash from Celtic/SNP Rangers haters on social media. They obviously expected Stevie Gerard to predict a Celtic draw v DUFC and when they did he would jump in the Gerardmobile stationed in the Auchenhowie Bearcave, and careering through George Square would skittle Rangers fans back over the Clyde to where they came from. Meanwhile a couple of hundred cops on double time would according to their book of tactics do fukk all and whilst their horses and dogs were having a day off in the farm. I mean if they want to police it then police it, if they don’t then just stfu.

The plan to meet at George Sqaure was common knowledge for days maybe even weeks. On the day, all approach roads to George Square were open, no restrictions at all. Police manpower was clearly available on a Sunday. The police patrolled the perimeter in numbers, friendly and approachable, a friendly nod to bears arriving and walking past them to access he square. The only form of policing was to stop people openly carrying alcohol, take it from them, then allow them to access the square freely. I was there, I was standing next to them, not once was I asked to leave and go home.
How the %^*& in anyway does that reality square with the statement form this clown?
Exactly. Even on the alcohol it seemed to just be a few taking it away so they could actually say they tried to stop the public drinking.

Back