The importance of Ryan Jack.

In my opinion is totally underrated.

We play our best football when he is fit and available.

I think sourcing a replacement/similar player is priority number one in the summer.

I think sourcing a replacement/similar player is priority number one in the summer.
When jack and arfield were at their peak fitness we bossed the games against them .

I remember his debut and did not know too much about him but he impressed me and I reckon, if he can stay fit, the midfield will be built round him. Sadly, I can’t see him not getting injuries so it is unlikely to happen.

Ryan Jack has been a huge miss especially in games Vrs Prague...he would have been able to handle their gamesmanship well.

We are so much more fluent in & out of possession with him in the midfield, as mentioned above it’s his injury problems that worry me. We definitely need to recruit another box to box midfielder in the summer.

Jack & Davis > Kamara & Davis.

I like all three as players, but for me Jack adds more to our midfield than Kamara. When he plays with Davis they play really well together.

I wish the Euros would gtf as Jack will want to play, I'd rather we got to the bottom of his injury issues and he rested.

Really? I like Jack but Davis is miles ahead of him and would have Kamara before him too.
Jack is crucial to breaking up other teams attacks and picks up the ball constantly, moves it quickly and is aggressive in the tackle. He is the balance that allows Davis and Kamara to play forward.
we’ve missed him and Tav so much but hardly a mention from the media

He has been a massive miss in the last two old firm games and in general for us. It's just such a shame he is so injury prone. We really need to go into the market in the summer for a similar style of player.

Reactions: dmg
Jack is crucial to breaking up other teams attacks and picks up the ball constantly, moves it quickly and is aggressive in the tackle. He is the balance that allows Davis and Kamara to play forward.
This for me, he gives us the right balance

Ryan Jack has been turned into Hemdani by Steven Gerrard.
He breaks up attacks and plugs defensive gaps almost with ease, he almost never goes to ground now but reads the play perfectly to anticipate the movement of the ball.
He is nothing short of a padlock and we have missed him badly.

He could play his game in any country in the world, he is now a continental type player transferred from that of an SPFL minded enforcer.
Gerrard has also taught him to live within his passing range in order to put possession over style.
Something that Steven Davis excels at.

I used to have some doubts about Ryan Jack's deficiencies, now I groan when his name is missing from the team sheet in a tough fixture.
Haste ye back lad.

Jack is a huge miss in games where we need a bit of dig in Midfield.

Davis , Kamara & Aribo are all good midfielders but they don't have the appetite for a tackle when needed, If the opposition want to make things a dogfight Jack gives us that fight &Arfield to an extent but we need a nasty bassa in there as well.

We are getting to the point where if we can’t get Jack fit we need to look at moving on great players are only great players if they actually play.

i say this really wanting Jack back fit and playing every week

I think everyone can see the importance of Jack to the team but he misses so many games through injury that we can't build our system of play around him. When he is out, and we try and play Aribo and Hagi, it puts too much additional work onto Davis and Kamara.

Jack is a huge miss.

He knits things together.

However his fitness reliability is a massive issue, unfortunately.

We will need at least two new midfield starters in the summer.

We definitely need a replacement for Jack especially if he is playing for Scotland as well, I think its been proven to our detriment that he can't do both,the injuries are costing us IMHO.

We really need to look out for a replacement for him. He is good when he plays but we can’t rely on him as he is out injured more often than he plays

Please please let's have a fully fit squad to chose from when we play them at Ibrox it in the cup as we are dur them a good hiding , and we alEYs seem to be missing key players when we play them

Sadly we can't rely on his fitness he misses to many games and especially with him being managed and this long term knee issue which hasn't been addressed.

He will be a squad player going forward I reckon.

Under Gerrard and the management team he’s developed into a fantastic player. Problem is, injuries.

That will need to be addressed in the summer.

Little point talking about how great he is if he is missing a third of our games every season.

Quite a few would see him punted rather than thinking if you only get 30 games from him, then that gives you a much better chance of winning 30 games of football! ( Weird but true) They've hit us with their absolute maximum twice and still can't beat us. Tav, Jack to come back in. We're an outstanding side and the less credit we get the better

The key for the summer is finding a younger and fitter version of RJ truth be told.

I hope we can get him at least some way fit for the euros and then try move him on if he does well there. Understand due to injuries we probably wouldn’t get much, but we need to plan long term here.

The key for the summer is finding a younger and fitter version of RJ truth be told.

I hope we can get him at least some way fit for the euros and then try move him on if he does well there. Understand due to injuries we probably wouldn’t get much, but we need to plan long term here.
id like a younger fitter arfield, imo we badly need a goal scoring midfielder than can create chances.

Pretty sure Jack has an injury that needs surgery but we have been managing the situation without doing the op.

Thing SG said something like this a while back.

Possibly need to bite the bullet and do the op.

With Scotland qualifying for Euros Jack won't want to miss out on chance of playing I reckon.

With Scotland qualifying for Euros Jack won't want to miss out on chance of playing I reckon.
this is where i have a major issue, we pay his wages and if we decide he has to miss games for his country so he can get fit then so be it. If we continue down this road jack will be a bit part player simply through injury.

Ryan Jack is the best we have at winning and keeping the ball. He doesn’t have the vision of Davis or the silky skills of Kamala or Aribo but he very rarely misplaces a pass. I thought our biggest problem yesterday was the number of times we gave them the ball back too easily. It completely buggers up any momentum we’re trying to build.

Good luck with that, we also need a younger Davis yet we still need money brought in just to operate.

Pretty sure Jack has an injury that needs surgery but we have been managing the situation without doing the op.

Thing SG said something like this a while back.

Possibly need to bite the bullet and do the op.

Very possibly mate, we had Davis facing similar criticism that he was past it, turns out he needed ankle surgery and you just have to see the heights he's reached this season. Armchair managers

Back