President of the Czech Republic's response

I will repeat again

If being forced to say sorry after decrying Glen Kamara as a liar doesnt excuse Kudela from a ban

Why on earth has that entire club and the racist abuse they caused Glen Kamara by calling him a liar not been kicked out that competition.

And why is nobody, not the lawyer not Rangers FC stating it

I genuinely used to think of the Czech Rep. as quite a progressive nation considering they lie very close to Eastern Europe and the obvious connotations attached.
Prague culture and architecture, beer lovers and tourism and very much part of the West.

Their seeming inherent racism has certainly been a well kept secret up until now.

Quite apart from the racism itself, the way that club has behaved over this incident is bang out of order.

Rangers get a fine for players playing fcuk about one of the team being racially abused.

Slavia get nothing for a false and vicious propoganda campaign. Also I don't remember their players standing quietly by during the fracas.

Fucking hell. I've been to Prague twice and thought it was a nice, friendly, welcoming nation. Definitely reconsidering that view now.
Likewise, I loved visiting Prague.

I’ll certainly never be back though unless it’s to play Slavia again, however I suspect if we do draw them in the future then there won’t be any away fans allowed to travel to either leg.

Translated ….. Absolute VILE !!!!

On 15 April 2021, the Head of the KPR, Vratislav Mynář, sent a letter to the members of the UEFA Disciplinary Committee as follows:
Dear Disciplinary Board,
I would like to address you with this open letter in connection with your recent decision to punish player Ondřej Kúdela. He was punished for an alleged racist statement he should have made on 18 March 2021 during rangers fc's match against SK Slavia Praha. According to your verdict, he can't play in the next 10 games.
There was a lot going on in that match. Sk Slavia Praha played great, crushing opponents with quality and fair play. The opponent's response was insidious fouls, one of which ended in a serious injury to goalkeeper Ondřej Kolář. He ended up with a skull fracture, and he's going to have to walk the field with a helmet for the rest of his life. After the second goal, the opponent behaved rudely, unsportsmanlike and frustrated. Czech athletes were attacked inside the stadium by the opponent after the end of the match and were not allowed into the cabins. Result? The player who crushed the opponent's skull with a football was given a four-match ban, another player received a three-match penalty for physical assault.
And the alleged racism? 10-game suspension. I would point out that racism has not been proven and alleged. Even the UEFA inspector himself erated ondřej Kúdela's racist statement. Nevertheless, you decided to punish a player who has not harmed anyone and only verbally - in his opinion - insulted his opponent. You're judging a decent man without a shoo-in. You make it impossible for an athlete to fulfill a dream in the Europa League. All this just to meet the perverse expectations of a narrow group of activists and a club unable to win on the field, all the more so by shouting empty and hurtful platitudes about racism.
In your presentation, the fight against racism has become a fight of failure against success, the height of hypocrisy, positive discrimination and embarrassing pandering to stupid trends. Your efforts may lead to the opposite, i.e. a situation in which a person of non-black colour is discriminated against, oppressed and reduced to his or her rights. I therefore also consider it necessary to oppose this procedure.
Although you may not be used to it, I would like to say one thing. I very much appreciate the fact that the Czech public does not agree with your verdict, across the whole society. On the contrary, you managed – even for a short time – to unite your ancient rivals. We will not kneel before you and there are no threats against a Czech football fan.
The President of the Republic Miloš Zeman is familiar with the situation in detail and considers it important not only from the point of view of sport, but also from the point of view of justice and human dignity. It expresses its belonging to all citizens of the Czech Republic who are following this case and are disappointed by its progress. At the same time, he wishes all players and fans not to be discouraged by the matter and continue to support their team so warmly.
Vratislav Mynář, Head of the Office of the President of the Republic

Genuinely gobsmacked that this clown is the President of their country

Edit... just realised he's a glorified secretary to the President but gobsmacked all the same

9781070386690.jpg

Totally repugnant. Kudela should have been banned sine die and that abomination of a club should have been royally kicked out of Europe.

This continued attempt by Slavia and everyone associated with them to justify the player's racism by countering it with supposed "aggressive" play by Rangers is an absolute disgrace.

Was Roofe's tackle dangerous? Yes of course it was, but there was no intent to harm and he was red carded and suspended. Rightly so.

Were Rangers overly physical generally? Not at all. We chased and pressed as per usual and the Slavia players didn't like it, dived and cheated their way through the game.

But my main point remains. Even if Rangers had been overly aggressive on the park (we were not), to try and use that to justify Kudela's racist abuse is simply abhorrent.

Likewise, I loved visiting Prague.

I’ll certainly never be back though unless it’s to play Slavia again, however I suspect if we do draw them in the future then there won’t be any away fans allowed to travel to either leg.

I sincerely hope we do not draw Slavia in the CL qualifiers. The potential for real bother on and off the park means it's just not something that would do our club any good at all. We'd clearly get blamed.

Translated ….. Absolute VILE !!!!

On 15 April 2021, the Head of the KPR, Vratislav Mynář, sent a letter to the members of the UEFA Disciplinary Committee as follows:
Dear Disciplinary Board,
I would like to address you with this open letter in connection with your recent decision to punish player Ondřej Kúdela. He was punished for an alleged racist statement he should have made on 18 March 2021 during rangers fc's match against SK Slavia Praha. According to your verdict, he can't play in the next 10 games.
There was a lot going on in that match. Sk Slavia Praha played great, crushing opponents with quality and fair play. The opponent's response was insidious fouls, one of which ended in a serious injury to goalkeeper Ondřej Kolář. He ended up with a skull fracture, and he's going to have to walk the field with a helmet for the rest of his life. After the second goal, the opponent behaved rudely, unsportsmanlike and frustrated. Czech athletes were attacked inside the stadium by the opponent after the end of the match and were not allowed into the cabins. Result? The player who crushed the opponent's skull with a football was given a four-match ban, another player received a three-match penalty for physical assault.
And the alleged racism? 10-game suspension. I would point out that racism has not been proven and alleged. Even the UEFA inspector himself erated ondřej Kúdela's racist statement. Nevertheless, you decided to punish a player who has not harmed anyone and only verbally - in his opinion - insulted his opponent. You're judging a decent man without a shoo-in. You make it impossible for an athlete to fulfill a dream in the Europa League. All this just to meet the perverse expectations of a narrow group of activists and a club unable to win on the field, all the more so by shouting empty and hurtful platitudes about racism.
In your presentation, the fight against racism has become a fight of failure against success, the height of hypocrisy, positive discrimination and embarrassing pandering to stupid trends. Your efforts may lead to the opposite, i.e. a situation in which a person of non-black colour is discriminated against, oppressed and reduced to his or her rights. I therefore also consider it necessary to oppose this procedure.
Although you may not be used to it, I would like to say one thing. I very much appreciate the fact that the Czech public does not agree with your verdict, across the whole society. On the contrary, you managed – even for a short time – to unite your ancient rivals. We will not kneel before you and there are no threats against a Czech football fan.
The President of the Republic Miloš Zeman is familiar with the situation in detail and considers it important not only from the point of view of sport, but also from the point of view of justice and human dignity. It expresses its belonging to all citizens of the Czech Republic who are following this case and are disappointed by its progress. At the same time, he wishes all players and fans not to be discouraged by the matter and continue to support their team so warmly.
Vratislav Mynář, Head of the Office of the President of the Republic
Some man that keeper, can only be impressed at anyone who can celebrate on the pitch minutes after having his "skull crushed". Is the term "shoo in" popular Czech terminology?
The author of that garbage must be a complete cretin.

Have to say over the past few weeks it’s become clear there’s a significant racism problem in that country
I'm not saying there isn't a problem bud but you can't say every single one of them is racist, it's just not true.

There is problem in our own country with religion, is every single person sectarian? of course not.

Incredible.

Didnt realise being angry about a black player being called a monkey is a "stupid trend".

The way they are using Roofes accidental challenge as a malicious attack is a disgrace.

They have been painting us as a dirty team when in reality they were throwing themselves to the ground any time anyone came near them.

UEFA need to step up here and actually make an example of this lot as its well beyond football at this stage. This is about human decency.

Back