Win the League; go undefeated; get 100 points; and win a cup

I think any top drawer player or manager never reaches their goal. Should always be striving for more.

I'm sure him ,the team and all the supporters want {and deserve it all} We want to win every game from now to the end of the season. Then pick up from where we left off next season

Gerrard and the players are already looking to the future that will include going unbeaten and winning the Cup, that's what I love about this squad never stopping trying to improve

As the season has developed the goalposts keep getting moved.

Do we think Stevie G listens to each change in the narrative or just keeps plodding on?
I think the narrative has changed even from March 7th.

For me, if we f_uck up on Sunday I'll be fuming as much as I ever have in the past. This, 'we've achived our objective, as in winning 55', no longer applies.

Going unbeaten would be splendid, but I want that cup alongside the league title.

Just my opinion.

In my humble opinion, Steven Gerrard is both a fantastic manager and leader. His greatest asset is his humility. He’s knows what he’s good at and what he’s not. He was a special player and is already a special manager.

Winning the league is what we all dreamed for, the manner in which we won it coupled with their absolute collapse was the cherry on the top
We already have had a sterling season in Europe where maybe tired legs or the euphoria of winning the league took an edge away in our desire to go further
But winning on Sunday is extremely important as the winners would be strong favourites to go on and lift the cup but even denying them the chance to progress further and totally confirming their season from hell
As for an invincible season it would be nice to add to our truly invincible season of 1898/99

We have had a truly wonderful season so far, winning the league in the manner we did has been monumentally epic, that said, losing on Sunday and watching them end the season with another trophy would be a real dampener, not going to lie.

Gerrard will be desperate to put them to the sword again and go on and win the cup.

The league was priority and has been be done in a time that I doubt anyone would have thought was possible been unbeaten in the league would be nice and is achievable -

But the Scottish Cup hopefully can provides us with a nice ending to this season.

Imagine saying we might achieve all that at the start of the season!

Can’t praise the team and management enough.

For me, if we f_uck up on Sunday I'll be fuming as much as I ever have in the past. This, 'we've achived our objective, as in winning 55', no longer applies.

Going unbeaten would be splendid, but I want that cup alongside the league title.

Just my opinion.
I agree, but I want both. And it's more than achievable.

Dreamland let’s make it come true! Main objective accomplished by winning the league so let’s go on and do the rest.

I think the narrative of this squad is just to never lose.

The Scottish Cup is our next game so that is our main target.

Anyone who thinks Gerrard is content with 'just' winning the league is either very naive or doesn't understand how SG works.

He is a very driven, ambitious man with success in his sights for Rangers, his players, his management team, us fans and himself.

Our Captain and Vice Captain are two of the most hungry-for-more looking players I've seen in a while and this can only be a good thing for us.

Lets achieve all the goals we aim for in the remainder of the season!

Im okay with this narrative. Quite a change from the serial loosers / not good enough to stop 10 narrative ha-ha.

As the season has developed the goalposts keep getting moved.

Do we think Stevie G listens to each change in the narrative or just keeps plodding on?
I’d like to think they don’t have their hearts set on anything and literally go game by game. Win, “right next?... oh look” :))

Going undefeated would be nice but in all honesty I couldn’t care less. We’ve absolutely dominated this season so should be winning that cup although we need to move up a few gears on Sunday.

I think any top drawer player or manager never reaches their goal. Should always be striving for more.
Neither Messi or Ronaldo have won every game they ever played, so I expect no player has ever acheived their goal.
Unless they like a wee coupon of a weekend. ;)

If Gerrard achieves the outlines objectives then he becomes immortal in my eyes and should be in the clubs eyes.
Is it achievable? Yes.

Is it important to win this trophy? Yes.

Is it important to have a physiological advantage over our rivals for the league match and also for next season when the marker has been laid down? Yes of course.

We need to win this tie on Sunday, it gives us the edge in the mentality stakes as well as a boost for winning the rest of the leagues games. They’ve came onto good form and we are just warming up so I reckon we’ve got every chance of making sure our foot doesn’t come off their throat for the foreseeable future.

I'd love all of the objectives but the priority for me is to win the cup to add it to the league

end their season on Sunday and then go on to win the cup

I think he’ll feel the cup is more important as much as I’d love to go unbeaten we haven’t won the Scottish since 09 or a cup since 11. In saying that on our day at our best there’s nobody will stop us doing both

Just my opinion.
I agree with this post , however we could lose sundays game , it’s a treble chance result , our form has stalled a little bit & septics has improved . If we hit our levels on Sunday we will win , our levels this season are way beyond septics .

I hope we e got the battle fever on , if we win Sunday , all my hopes will move to the next round of the cup & winning it . Still haunted by the last few minutes vs hibs in 2016 , I’ll bet there’s a few would like those few minutes to play again .

I agree with this post , however we could lose sundays game , it’s a treble chance result , our form has stalled a little bit & septics has improved . If we hit our levels on Sunday we will win , our levels this season are way beyond septics .

I hope we e got the battle fever on , if we win Sunday , all my hopes will move to the next round of the cup & winning it . Still haunted by the last few minutes vs hibs in 2016 , I’ll bet there’s a few would like those few minutes to play again .

How has Celtic’s form improved?

Cause they beat Livingston 6-0 on the back of two draws and a 1-0 win before that?

I'd happily lose the remaining 4 league games in exchange for the Scottish Cup.

Thankfully I think our manager is made of better stuff and whether it's Cove at home, or them away, we'll be going into the game to win it.
would never be happy losing 4 league games in a row lets win them and the cup

Although he keeps saying one game at a time I'm sure deep down he has a goal.
Undefeated in the league and the winning the Cup.
And I'm sure its going to happen.

I’ll take the league and cup double.

You don’t get trophies for reaching 100 points or going undefeated in the league - a bit like no pictures on the scorecard in golf.

Achieving all four would be a phenomenal achievement, Europe thrown in and it’s a season that will never be forgotten on a number of levels.

All focus should be on the cup. Our record in the domestic cup competitions is poor and we want to build on our league win and taste further success.

The Scottish Cup is now effectively a mini league season, unbeaten and 100+ points would be nice, but trophies are the main thing.

Make no mistake, this season has been a full on success. 55 secured in March is more than any of us could have dreamt of.

But it allows focus on the cup with the way that the cup season has fallen. St Mirren in December still sticks in the throat

I’m not overly bothered about reaching 100 points or going unbeaten in the league, but the cup would be fantastic and I really want it!

We havent won the scottish cup in 12 years.

Even longer than the gap between 81 to 92.

Its time to bring it home and this is the team and the season to do it.

I would be disappointed if we don't now go unbeaten and win the cup, at the start of the season I thought, same again in Europe and 55 I would be really happy.

But one thing I am sure of the management team can deliver and keep the players motivated, keep the foot on the gas for the run In please :) .

Happy with these goals and the cup is a priority, although the opportunity to go a season unbeaten doesn’t come round very often.

But regardless, this season has been special and will go down as probably the most important title in the club’s history.

No reason we should stop at the league though.

Back