Best Short-Lived Chants

The Loco-Motion came on the radio today and anytime I hear it I think of us singing “C’mon Stubbsy, do the no-promotion”. For me it’s one of the funniest chants we’ve ever hit out with.

It got me thinking what great chants we’ve used that may have only been used once or occasionally that you loved?
My good pal once started “Henry’s in a huff” after the hearts keeper fecked a goalkick at tinecastle

Was thinking about something similar the other day. Why was “oh the bluebells are blue” so popular during our 9 in a row. Never quite got my head round why we would sing it, I know there’s bluebells on the Ibrox gates but that’s the only link I can see.

Dundee’s a shithole, why don’t we go home..,

then a couple of old dears beside us (bears) started moaning at us cause they were from Dundee

4-1 wasn’t it? Was a bit like the Easter road game I think it was year before, everyone steaming enjoying themselves. Makes me miss it more watching old videos
Yep 4-1. Wee Weiss scored a cracking solo effort, don't remember any of the other goals off the top of my head. The Bougherra song lasted well over half an hour non-stop :)) then I hardly heard it again after that.

Yep 4-1. Wee Weiss scored a cracking solo effort, don't remember any of the other goals off the top of my head. The Bougherra song lasted well over half an hour non-stop :)) then I hardly heard it again after that.
We kept it going on bus to away games for a good while didn’t we @TPB90 brilliant times!

"Lets all do the Anton"

Anton.JPG.f91c3d0b62649e347f344108b55dc740.JPG

To the tune of Oasis 'Don't look back in anger'

Can't remember the full lyrics but wen't along the lines of So Tommy can wait, Now we got 8, It'll be nine in a row, so don't look back you wanker etc

Georgie Best, superstar, wears frilly knickers and a playtex bra.
I don't think it was short-lived, but it is certainly one of my first memories of any type of song, sung probably round about Primary 1! Although our version to the best of my memory didn't mention Playtex , just "and he wears a bra"

Sure there was an Andy Walker one from the 80’s along the lines of
Andy Walker is a donkey’s arse
He’s only fit for keyholes and
Wee lassie’s pee holes
Andy Walker is a donkey’s arse

Round about the late sixties/ early seventies we drew our customary German team in Europe. A couple of days before the game the film Sink the Bismarck was on the telly.

Cue the "Derry" when our German opponents were warming up.

"We sunk the Bismarck"

repeat ad nauseum.

Back