Best Short-Lived Chants

"Shagged in the Valleys, she's getting shagged in the Valleys".

From when Hartson's missus was rumoured to be playing away from home.

1994 New Years Day.

‘Keep the Board, keep the board, keep the board’
‘Jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to %^*& the Tims on New Year’s Day.’

Famine song my favourite unfortunately cut short.

despite it being Celtic always thought bobby Petta one was funny when o Neil came and improved things there
Bobby petta bobby petta
Used to be sh1te
But now he’s betta

“Tosh is in the huff”.

When ol’ Warchest himself took a absolute roasting from Ted McMinn (?) when he was with Dundee.
There was also "give the ball to Tosh" when he was having a nightmare against us at Dens Park.

Last edited:
it wasn't a chant but I remember in the late 60's early 70's we had clap which started slowly then went very very fast, remember a tim workmate said to me it sounded very impressive.

Harpers a barrel Harpers a barrel of shite shite shite

Turkielmas wank wank wank

Years after his Aberdeen days he was at Huntly as manager, Caley went there and as it was raining we paid the 50p extra to get in the Main Stand. Harper waddled up just after kick off and I led a rousing chorus of that exact song.

He was livid, right up in our faces wanting us chucked out, then offering us square goes out the back of the stand. He got roasted!

"What you gonna do, sit on us?"

"Fuck off ya weeble!"

He was fizzing the whole game, giving us daggers, great days! :))

The Hills are alive, with the sound of...
Gemmells a bastard (repeat)
Knew was more to it !

Cheers Jim !

Was long time ago !

My Dad was a referee in 50s 60s and 70s , got Grade 2 never to the top

Did a charity game in sixties when most of the 1967 team played, and sat next to TG as post match meal.

Had great night , given the old man was a bluenose he was pleasantly surprised, he used to joke that he waspleasewd to be with a fellow Proddie !

Nakamura ate my dog
Half canned from night before, at Newcastle train station about to head up the road following a day at the races with my football team, guy in green n grey with Nakamura on the back walks by, I roared the song at him at top of my voice! Was hilarious, you had to be their!

The Loco-Motion came on the radio today and anytime I hear it I think of us singing “C’mon Stubbsy, do the no-promotion”. For me it’s one of the funniest chants we’ve ever hit out with.

It got me thinking what great chants we’ve used that may have only been used once or occasionally that you loved?
Lobu’s a gypsy

I'm hoping Welcome to the Party and Live It Up are still in use next season. They are great tunes and we haven't had Live It Up at Ibrox yet.

"Aarhus, in the middle of Denmark" to the tune of Madness' "Our House" just before the beasts played the danes in the UEFA Cup in the 80s.

"I'd like to teach the world to sing 'The Sash My Father Wore'" to the tune of "I'd like to buy the world a Coke".

Dreamer, Sean Fallon is a dreamer.,
Could he make it one in a row oh no.

(Fallon was caretaker manager at the Piggery for 75/76 after BJK recovered after a car crash)

Back