Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Kent

Votes: 88 9.1%
  • Morelos

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Roofe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am not confident like many, I can’t see how today’s goes.

My concern is that they have been doing better against us over the last few games and that Was the pattern that started with us when Gerrard arrived. He had worked out how to play them and started making progress.

our midfield has to do better today.
Need to start on the front foot, not so much passing about at the back, that'll just in courage them to pin us back.
Go long ball and get their defence turned, their like headless chickens at the back.

Wish I was as confident as some. I never drink the night before an Old Firm and saw just about every hour from 3am. Usual nerves, excitement and emotions.

We’ve not really got going since being crowned Champions and it’s not as simple as just flicking a switch to get it all up and running again.

My concern is a slow, slack and lacklustre start. Last few matches against them we’ve been far from our best but still managed to get a result. Eventually that will be punished.

Our domestic cup record under Gerrard has been poor. That needs to change. We need this cup for a number of reasons; not won the cup in what, 12 years, add a domestic cup, continue and build on our success, taste further success, bury them further.

Can see this going all the way today.
To be fair, bold parts could Describe about 90% of our games since roughly late December.

St Mirren in the league after the cup defeat might represent the last time we turned up in the first 20 minutes of a game.

Crazy set of results we’ve put together really considering that.

Would be nice to remember the game starts at 00:00 and not somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes.

My fear is we start with a 20 minute malaise, they score and we can’t get back into the game. We can and should beat them but there’s always that wee bit of doubt.

It is available on RangersTV to those overseas or ‘overseas’. You need an overseas subscription or to purchase it on PPV from overseas. Not available as part of the season ticket package (why would it be, it’s a Cup game?).

What is mentioned in the ‘blurb’ for the game is a Sunday Pass, for those overseas, that gets you both the Women’s game and the Cup game today for the price of just the Cup game.
90 mins build up on premier

What is RTV doing?

Because on Premier will probably be a Celtic leaning host, 2 Celtic leaning pundits to one bear, a main commentator who leans towards Celtic and a co commentator each with links to each club - although the Rangers one will go out of his way to be fair to them.

Typical Sky type set up where Boyd is outnumbered about 6-1.

So would rather not listen to a glorified Celtic tv.

Their weakness has been set-pieces so I'd like to see us get as many corners and free-kicks as possible today.

Hoping we'll see a fitter Rangers who come out the blocks fast and get in their faces.

------------------- McGregor
Patterson -- Goldson --Helander --- Barisic
-------- Davis ------------------ Kamara
----------------------Aribo----------------------
Roofe ------- Morelos --------Kent-------

I think that'll be our starting 11.

To be fair, bold parts could Describe about 90% of our games since roughly late December.

St Mirren in the league after the cup defeat might represent the last time we turned up in the first 20 minutes of a game.

Would be nice to remember the game starts at 00:00 and not somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes.

My one criticism of us this season. They way we start matches and how off the pace we can be in terms of passing, pressing, tempo, moving the ball with a bit of authority.

The 1st half performances against Slavia x 2 and Celtic at parkhead were extremely poor. I know a lot of emotions were running through us all but that’s got to improve today.

I can imagine our players getting fouled left right and centre particularly from Broon. I think this will be the dirtiest game for a long time.

Im a bit nervous just because we havent been playing anywhere near our best since Tavs injury and we miss jack massively in these games as well. It will be close. Ill take any win

Need to start quickly. Fed up giving the Tim’s the first half of games and riding our luck slightly. Start fast and we will win well

My one criticism of us this season. They way we start matches and how off the pace we can be in terms of passing, pressing, tempo, moving the ball with a bit of authority.

The 1st half performances against Slavia x 2 and Celtic at parkhead were extremely poor. I know a lot of emotions were running through us all but that’s got to improve today.
It’s been a thing since Gerrard took over in all honesty, there’s been so many games where we’ve started poorly but hit top gear for 20-30 minutes in the second half and that’s been enough.

Is there audio commentary on RTV for those of us who can’t see it?
I was about to ask what the options are today for those of us who don't have Premier Sports and may live abroad.

Or maybe I just pick up a month pass to Premier Sports for a tenner if we can't put the money in to our club.

90 mins build up on premier

What is RTV doing?

Because on Premier will probably be a Celtic leaning host, 2 Celtic leaning pundits to one bear, a main commentator who leans towards Celtic and a co commentator each with links to each club - although the Rangers one will go out of his way to be fair to them.

Typical Sky type set up where Boyd is outnumbered about 6-1.

So would rather not listen to a glorified Celtic tv.
Premier will be:

Darrell Currie, Emma Dodds, Ally McCoist, Sutton, Craigan and Alex Rae probably

I reckon we will start slow today, score against the run of play and go on to win the game 2-0.

Just a feeling I have, hopefully I'm wrong and we fly out the traps and batter them 4 or 5-0!

With these OF's, you just never know what kind of approach SG will go with which often works in our favour. On one hand you want to see us start on the front foot, press them high and look to dominate possession but on the other hand we've adopted an almost Walter Smith like formula in more recent OF's where we've allowed them to come onto us a bit more and looked to hit on the counter.

Given it's a Cup game today I have a feeling SG will go with the former approach, we need to win this and ideally within 90 minutes. Their biggest weakness is their defence, I'd like to see us put them under intense pressure and if we do so they'll make mistakes, they always do.

Either way, let's do this mob Rangers.

Feel Hagi needs to start. The amount of free kicks he would win will give us a huge advantage.

He gives away too many going back the way as well though.

The right hand side of the team is the weakness today.

Jack not being there is a big blow. It leaves us going with Aribo, who offers nothing in the middle, whilst exposing Patterson. Hagi in front of that would just compound the problem.

Agree - the Dundee Utd game at home - we started really poorly and should have been 0-2 down after 10 mins

We need to be at them from the first whistle, chasing, hunting and pushing, they will not cope with a Rangers team in their faces.

The Roofe/Wright choice is the only possible selection issue for Gerrard in my opinion. Although I think Roofe is a pretty nailed on starter.

If we're on the front foot from the start, Roofe will be a huge asset today - he's excellent when playing on the edge of the opposition's box etc. However, if we end up on the back foot and pinned back, he becomes less of an asset, as he isn't overly mobile or adept at running channels etc. This is where Wright might be the key, with his pace and mobility.

Largely depends on the tactics SG and the staff want to go with.

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Helander Barisic
Arfield Davis Kamara
Roofe Morelos Kent

The Roofe / Aribo / Hagi choice is the only doubtful position in my mind, can't see it being Hagi tbh and it's a 50/50 between Aribo and Roofe.

It is available on RangersTV to those overseas or ‘overseas’. You need an overseas subscription or to purchase it on PPV from overseas. Not available as part of the season ticket package (why would it be, it’s a Cup game?).

What is mentioned in the ‘blurb’ for the game is a Sunday Pass, for those overseas, that gets you both the Women’s game and the Cup game today for the price of just the Cup game.
I note RTV have been f*cking around with login process again. I had to login after buying the match. I'm not sure if I'm good to go. Should I be able to watch videos like the Leon Balogun interview on RTV after match purchase? At the moment it doesn't allow me to.
Sorry to be a pain in the arse VB.

Back