European Super League Officially Announced - All Comments In This Thread - Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Spurs & Chelsea all out of it

Only a matter of time before the next tier of clubs get asked including ourselves.

Likes of Benfica, Ajax, Zenit, ourselves and them across the city, Galatasaray, Fenerbahce etc
That's what I was thinking, the numbers in the Middle East would be huge for a Turkish side, Russian side a certainty, could Beckham's side or a Chinese side make regular flights every 2nd week and would Real fly to Miami and China? The English black hole will be filled by any means necessary

Inter leaving . Who’s left . The 2 Spanish clubs that are financially fucked and need this and juventus under Agnelli who has wanted it for years. Fine let them play each other 10 times each a season. Just the 3 team league .

Madrid and Barca must be in some deep trouble if they really want to persist with this ESL. Hope they suffer financially from this. Will end in failure, only hope they had was to keep a hold of the English teams. The hitler bunker video would be an apt description of Perez current state of mind I’d imagine :))

So as it stands we have got Real, Barca, Atletico, Inter, AC and Juventus in what is essentially a closed-shop friendly tournament. Six teams from just two of the big five leagues.

Aye that’s going to really generate the interest and cash these greedy bastard owners are chasing.

Maybe being cynical but do the English 6 suddenly see the upcoming demise of Barca and Madrid after Perez last night?

There’s an awful lot of new ‘fans’ out there if them 2 have to downsize big time or collapse.....

It’s Perez and Laporte trying to get one last shot and something about something and he seems to be at the point of hitler in the bunker for sure!

Barcelona and Real Madrid don’t have sellable assets in the millions right now, when you see their team it’s an ageing and mixed bag of talent which certainly doesn’t amount up to 1.2 billion

Then you have no fans still looking likely or at least minimum fans for the next few months at least.

Governments are skint and can’t bail them out and then reality is they don’t want to wait 10-20 years to build back up again both on and off the park.

The same goes for the Italians as well, their tv deal was shit this year
Both Barcelona and Real Madrid badly needed the immediate income that come with moving to this new league. Only way I can explain this passion they have behind it that not one other club that has been invited has.

I am a big fan of Real Madrid but I think they have massively fucked up here. Possibly something that will take years to repair. For so many of their fans it might never happen. For a club like them it will hit hard as their fans can get really, really angry.

This was all about getting money in immediately for a host of clubs that thought they had so much power they could just walk back into their leagues. Guess some of them could have. I don't think they quite expected the reaction from so many though. They fucked it, no doubt. They might never recover.

Last edited:
I’m against it but the hypocrisy of the likes of Carragher and Neville and many others is astonishing.

Condemning the Super League proposals while celebrating a top 4 finish in the EPL to get into the “ CHAMPIONS league “ via the back door.

It’s not about titles or trophies now for the big clubs.

It’s about the money.

It’s not getting in “via the back door” if it’s a legitimate way of qualifying.

Newer/fresher teams like West Ham and Leicester, even though they were in the competition after winning the league, getting in to the Champions League is a good thing.

It’s literally a brilliant example of why a closed shop idea like the Super League is such bollocks.

We've decided on this new Champions League format which will be about as much of a shitshow as the two-group stages 20-odd years ago.

By the end of 2024 or 2025 they will realise they need to reform it again. However, for the first time in three decades it'll be someone other than the English, the Italians and Spanish discussing the subject with stakeholders as opposed to dictating what will happen to everyone else otherwise they "will go and join a super league"

It'll be the Dutch, Portuguese, French and Germans who (aside from PSG who will represent the former blocs views) will not bother with the previous power bloc and will seek to listen to more stakeholders.

Long-term, this whole escapade has been a brilliant outcome for us.
We'll see, but you have more faith than me. TV money is where this all started and they call the shots.

Where's that from mate?
Been speculated for the past couple of hours, reality is nobody knows.

Some places saying only English clubs leaving, others saying Milan clubs have left and others saying Inter are waiting on more info.

I’m against it but the hypocrisy of the likes of Carragher and Neville and many others is astonishing.

Condemning the Super League proposals while celebrating a top 4 finish in the EPL to get into the “ CHAMPIONS league “ via the back door.

It’s not about titles or trophies now for the big clubs.

It’s about the money.

I agree. The problem with the 'business model' is that businesses compete to maximise their profits and killing off the competition is a good thing. Sport is, or at least should, be different in that competitors are necessary to maintain competition and interest by spectators. The drive to create super clubs is anti competitive and counter productive.

Only a matter of time before the next tier of clubs get asked including ourselves.

Likes of Benfica, Ajax, Zenit, ourselves and them across the city, Galatasaray, Fenerbahce etc

Well let me go on record and say if we get asked then it sounds like a brilliant idea and Perez is a true revolutionary man of the people when it comes to football. The Super League - Terrific bunch of lads I say.

From where I’m sitting footbsll is still worse off now than it was on Sunday morning. The UCL new proposals may be the lesser of 2 evils but they are still bad for football

This whole UEFA offering English clubs money story reeks of the typical nonsense that Marca and other spanish media would put out.

They didn’t need to offer them money the whole of English football united against them including their own staff.

None of the fans, players or football management actually wanted this so punishing the clubs as a whole would punish some of those who don’t deserve it.
Point I've been trying to make here. I dont give a flying for the owners of these clubs, it wouldn't be a bad idea to send submarines into monaco harbour with torpedoes on a billionaire yacht hunt.

I care about the so called legacy fans who have been out priced from the game, the ones who will still be there when it's no longer the in thing to get into football.

Ideally, I'd like to see Aberdeen, hearts and hibs ect be able to compete in this country. As it stands at the moment, it's a case of keeping our goal difference high, whilst the rest are cannon fodder, like we will be in the cl.

I actually enjoy us in the el, as it seems to be a fairer tournament which to me wouldn't be an impossibility . The cl is anything but and that wont be changing any time soon.

I care for the ordinary football fan, obviously you don't.
On the contrary. The so called ordinary football fan has been more than happy to enjoy lording it over ordinary fans of ordinary clubs not owned by mega rich Americans or Russians or whoever. That was my point.

Isn't that the case in most leagues though? The top divisions earn far more.

I mean even in our league, I'd imagine Rangers and Celtic probably take in about 90% of the money...

Nothing wrong in my opinion with the money being distributed based on the division. The higher the division the bigger the share. The problem however is the way the money is shared out in each division. It has to be more even otherwise those with the least will never be able to compete.

This might be a good time for football fans to come together and start demanding a better deal for themselves.

Far too much money being syphoned off to pay ridiculous wages to players when this money could be used to improve facilities and create a more even level of competition.

Let's have a proper sustainable salary scale for professional footballers and let's share the income more evenly.

Sport isnt worth watching without competition.
Exactly. It needs sorted, because it's broken and needs fixed.

Back