Pathetic Quality From Castore

I’m thinking since it’s batch production if you had manufacturing defects itd manifest in most if not all products but a lot of people are saying the stuff is good. I have mentioned before it may be the production itself that means the items need to be treated delicately and if not you’ll get peels etc. The effect of peeling does suggest a temperature issue , just IMO.

That’s only regarding those specific issues , as I said the quality fails around stitching etc I’d be complaining about and seeking recompense.
You have to ask why this has become such an issue since we got involved with Castore. I'm sure we've all been washing our shirts exactly the same way for years.

A on the Castore stitching and the 2 on 21 is like a compared to the 2 on 20

Castore have to come out and make a statement regarding this utter clusterf*ck.

fans merchandise aside there is a player or member of the back room team EVERY game we play that is wearing something that has a Castore logo missing or hanging off. If they can’t even get the players and staff gear right what chance do the broader public have?

Rangers should be looking to cut all ties with these charlatans for continued ineptness
That’s fucking horrendous.

If my £7.99 Fruit of the loom work polos came out looking like that I’d be raging (and the workwear company would be embarrassed) never mind a £70 commemorative top that many will be wanting to frame forever.

They are absolute shysters and nothing will convince me otherwise now.

Actually dreading my champions top arriving now.

A on the Castore stitching and the 2 on 21 is like a Z compared to the 2 on 20

fans merchandise aside there is a player or member of the back room team EVERY game we play that is wearing something that has a Castore logo missing or hanging off. If they can’t even get the players and staff gear right what chance do the broader public have?

Rangers should be looking to cut all ties with these charlatans for continued ineptness
Disgraceful. They charged a bomb for that poor quality nonsense

talked myself into ordering 3 different times

1st. the original home jersey (meh)
2nd. black hoodie... ridiculous price.. for a hoodie with non stitched logo and lettering
3rd ... championship scarf (quality)
black n grey 55 hoodies.. trashy at best... the team logo in orange in the O of champions on the grey is barely legible seen better quality on the carts outside Ibrox
$209.CAD all in hoodies $86.CAD ea not worth $45.CAD

a hoodie I bought in October 2019 I hate to say is a far superior product ... proper stitching etc. black emblem black and a black/grey Union Jack on upper back...

I’m trying desperately not to order the 55 trucker caps.. as I do need a cap or two... but damn 3times a loser so can’t go for 4times

Two emails to Castore and no reply. I wonder if they look at this thread to gauge the feeling amongst supporters.

I’d be delighted to see Rangers tying up with Umbro next season and get rid of these jokers

The black 3rd kit tops and the grey training gear shorts etc., with the orange stick on transfers seems to be the problem and they will know it, all these badges should have been embroidered anyway at least that way they last.

Two emails to Castore and no reply. I wonder if they look at this thread to gauge the feeling amongst supporters.

I’d be delighted to see Rangers tying up with Umbro next season and get rid of these jokers

You do know Ashley is well involved with Umbro?

On the one hand it is great having a supplier throwing so many options out there(when actually can keep up with demand) despite several garments being vastly over priced compared to other brands comparable products i.e. training tops etc. That is from a raising revenue point of view even if left cursing how much spend. We might not all want to spend £100 + on a hoody etc but it is good there is the option for folk who will which ultimately gets us more money in.

The issue is after spending so much the quality is so inconsistant it’s a russian roullette if what you buy is going to even arrive, be right or fall apart. Fans are well within their rights to report positive buying experiences but to dismiss fans who have received the opposite due to this is harsh & doing our wider support a disservice. Although I understand the clubs invested interest in Castore being a success, the club not taking a firmer line on the issues to date is poor too IMO. It has been possible to promote Castore while making it clear the fans being looked after is of paramount importance.

Suggestions fans are washing tops wrong is poor too. We’ve all had football tops before in 99.9% of cases surely.

Looks like Castore are in such a rush to pound us with products & maximise how much they can squeeze out fans that quality control is of non importance. Their customer service is shambolic too.

Always wonder if they had less products then surely more effort could be put into quality control & consistency with quality.

I want sales to stay high as anything otherwise results in less income from a revenue stream that has been off the table for so long due to MA but Castore still have a long way to go to get things in order. Players/coaches with falling off badges/letters proves this goes far further than a few unlucky orders.

That is terrible mate. Ordered 2 Champions Tops in the second batch for me and my dad (his birthday) here in Canada. Cringing already.

The champions tops are just a way to squeeze more money out of the fans for left over tops.

The shoddy looking embroidery shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

The champions shirt will be my first Castore product and I'm dreading it to be honest. I will however have no hassle taking it back if its anything like the monstrosities in here.

I've had strips from our various providers over the years and never had issues with stuff peeling off or falling apart. I've also had many of the Chinese fakes from other clubs which are very hit and miss, some are like the real strips I've had before and last ages, others have peely sponsors after a few washes and look terrible.

This leads me to believe Castore are essentially using the same processes certain websites that I won't name (that sell the fakes use). I don't know what the processes are but they are hit and miss as %^*&. This would explain why some folk get castore kits that are fine and others don't. If this is the case we are being ripped off because you can pick these shirts up for £10 or so online which includes postage from Asia. If Castore are charging us £60+ postage they are crooks.

FFS, are we still saying the logos peeling are our fans not being able to use a washing machine properly?

This is 100% a Castore problem and nothing to do with our fans’ ability to wash clothes.
I never followed the washing instructions for the Hummel kit or any other kit that I can recall. Vast majority are still in one piece.

I followed the washing instructions for my black kit because I'd read the stories about the quality. It lasted 2 washes.

It is the quality not the wash cycle.

I still find it pretty shocking to be honest that the Beahon’s are nowhere to be seen.

They were all over fan media and engaging with us when they launched their range. I even spoke to Phil and Tom the day the club store opened. They were very impressive.

Second they started getting questioned over the quality of the items, they do a runner.

A separate email address should be created for complaints against the poor quality of castore items and it should be monitored by members of our commercial team and all complaints should be recorded. Because it doesn’t look like Castore are giving a %^*& about certain items.

At the end of each week or month the club should be pulling up Castore with the amount of returned items because of poor quality and ask for an explanation.

Would be good to hear from others who bought the Champions shirt. Are they all like this? It's a glaring, obnoxious absence of quality control if they are.
I wonder if the typeface used is the Rangers font. That could be a possible cause of issues like this. If the guys on the production side don't have it then errors like this can happen.

I only have the black and orange kit from this season and the inside stickers have worm away. External ones are all intact.

However my Hummel kits from last year are in mint condition.

End of season stuff arrived today. Seems good quality. Good sign for next season.

0oYJNs5.jpg

sbQ4y2e.jpg

GH21YNt.jpg
Yeah had it in my basket all week waiting for pay day and its sold out. Could greet

I've not been through the full thread , because its massive but I've had issues complained and got 20% back or off without question so they know there is an issue. The only reason I kept complaining is , and I put this in every email to them, next year is massive for us. I want that 150th shirt to still be in at least some kind of decent condition in the next 10 years at least. 150th will be a gold mine , I'll buy the stuff regardless , to support my team and they know that, so in that respect its disrespectful to the fans.

I still find it pretty shocking to be honest that the Beahon’s are nowhere to be seen.

They were all over fan media and engaging with us when they launched their range. I even spoke to Phil and Tom the day the club store opened. They were very impressive.

Second they started getting questioned over the quality of the items, they do a runner.

That was my main issue with them and what ultimately led me to distrust them.

All over it with the big talk and promises when they were introduced as our kit supplier.

No where to be seen when the school jumper story emerged. No where to be seen when the lies about the so called pro kit was promised then disappeared. No where to be seen when the China/Portugal/Turkey manufacturing differences became apparent. No where to be seen when many fans were having major issues with Hermes.
Basically they haven’t been seen since the big promises of last summer.

At least Del Boy and Rodney were visible.

If you go on castores website and look at thier golf ,tennis gear and McLaren gear it looks so good. I think our board has been duped. Looking at the gear I just mentioned anyone would think wow this is brilliant. But they have obviously contracted our gear to someone else. We will be their biggest customer, no doubt about it. McLaren have a massive following but their fans dont buy gear like our fans will. I see so many folk strangely defending it, which I dont get. Have to say I've bought loads for me and my kid. Orange training top is now just and orange top nothing left on it. Away top and home top stickers are near enough off! The end of season stuff I couldnt get my head round but when I seen it was embroidered I liked it and now its sold out. My kid is only here every second week so his stuff Is still good.

That was my main issue with them and what ultimately led me to distrust them.

All over it with the big talk and promises when they were introduced as our kit supplier.

No where to be seen when the school jumper story emerged. No where to be seen when the lies about the so called pro kit was promised then disappeared. No where to be seen when the China/Portugal/Turkey manufacturing differences became apparent. No where to be seen when many fans were having major issues with Hermes.
Basically they haven’t been seen since the big promises of last summer.

At least Del Boy and Rodney were visible.
Your right , conmen ,as I just posted above, if I had seen the stuff they were selling ie their golf and tennis stuff I would have been impressed, but we know our stuff isn't getting made in the same place. They have took us on then thought about how they would deliver after.

The "SLO" saying just e-mail the concierge address is very poor.

The lack of ownership of any issues is the problem here.

Is it an SLO issue though? He has a hard enough time with every other question that's thrown at him. He is fielding questions re season ticket renewals plus the weekly ones re RTV.

Is it an SLO issue though? He has a hard enough time with every other question that's thrown at him. He is fielding questions re season ticket renewals plus the weekly ones re RTV.
He's supporter liaison. He should be taking it back to the club and ensuring things are raised and dealt with.

The fact that these issues continually occur shows the lack of pressure being put on Castore from the Rangers end.

How do you know what batch you've ordered, I can't see it on my email. I ordered my champions top 7th March. I can see by ordering now, its the 2nd batch and due to go out on 1st June

Last edited:
Would be good to hear from others who bought the Champions shirt. Are they all like this? It's a glaring, obnoxious absence of quality control if they are.
I wonder if the typeface used is the Rangers font. That could be a possible cause of issues like this. If the guys on the production side don't have it then errors like this can happen.
Mines arrived yesterday and is good. All the embroidery is in line, and none of the letters are like the post you quoted.

I'm happy with my champions top but haven't washed it yet and will probably 9nly hand wash it after the the state my black top got into after 2 washes, now most of the letters are missing on it

Mines arrived yesterday and is good. All the embroidery is in line, and none of the letters are like the post you quoted.
I'm glad to hear you received a good product, and I hope most of our supporters buying club merch do.
The way our merch is priced you'd expect high quality to be a given. Castore itself is seen as a "upmarket" brand. With the awful examples being shown here Castore appear to be more like a Turkish abibas or Mike operation. I wish they would seem more concerned with disappointing a lot of Rangers customers, and damaging their own brand.

I'm glad to hear you received a good product, and I hope most of our supporters buying club merch do.
The way our merch is priced you'd expect high quality to be a given. Castore itself is seen as a "upmarket" brand. With the awful examples being shown here Castore appear to be more like a Turkish abibas or Mike operation. I wish they would seem more concerned with disappointing a lot of Rangers customers, and damaging their own brand.
Agreed - some of things on this thread and social media are really poor.

@Greg Marshall is stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm presuming (hoping) as SLO he is passing on our feedback to the club, but it is not his job to pass comment on Castore. If the club/Castore chose not to comment publicly on the feedback, theres not a lot he can do.

We can only hope Rangers are pursuing it behind the scenes (and that Jimmy Bell is sitting in on the next meeting :D ).

I never followed the washing instructions for the Hummel kit or any other kit that I can recall. Vast majority are still in one piece.

I followed the washing instructions for my black kit because I'd read the stories about the quality. It lasted 2 washes.

It is the quality not the wash cycle.
Compared to everything I’ve bought this season apart from the retro top all my Hummel tops are miles above the quality of the Castore stuff.

Due to years of starvation and the fact that the kid is now old enough and is Rangers daft, I’ve spend way more on kits etc than I ever expected this season, and the dawn of a new era with Castore was exciting.

I have to say the experience has been overall good, and I think they deserve credit for season 1, when you consider the deal was agreed with less than 3-months notice, and they have fulfilled more than half a million orders.

However, it is clear there is still much work to be done to make the products and customer experience ‘best in class’ and I think that Rangers/Castore should be issuing every customer who has bought with a quick survey to review Year 1, marking the following area 1-10.

Price
Availability
Quality
Range
Shops
Website
Delivery
Returns / Refunds

Any area returning an average of less than 7 should be a red flag, and Castore should be expected to take action.

A quick and effective way of ensuing the satisfaction of the supporters.

Overall I would score 7-8 out of 10 for their performance in Year 1. But the fans have absolutely played our part in making this deal a colossal success for the Club and Castore, and now need the rough edges of the deal tidied up.

That will be the true test of whether ‘Better Never Stops’

I really want this to succeed and exceed everyone expectations, not just scrape by.

@Greg Marshall is stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm presuming (hoping) as SLO he is passing on our feedback to the club, but it is not his job to pass comment on Castore. If the club/Castore chose not to comment publicly on the feedback, theres not a lot he can do.

We can only hope Rangers are pursuing it behind the scenes (and that Jimmy Bell is sitting in on the next meeting :D ).

That’s a sensible post.

I’d like to think our SLO is feeding back these issues to the club but, in reality, these problems we’re having with Castore are way bigger than the SLO, and I mean no disrespect to the SLO in saying this.

Someone at the club in a very senior position should be dealing directly with the two charlatan brothers and ensuring we get kit of the quality we deserve.

If Castore can’t get the basics right and provide us with kit that doesn’t fall to pieces, we should be ripping up this deal – no matter how financially beneficial it is.

It’s simply not right to do nothing about this because the finances are impressive – the simple fact is our supporters are being ripped off and very badly let down.

Castore got a lot of good will this season as they had a few months to get stuff in place.

However now we see the mess of the Champions Home Kit for some people, what’s their excuses now?

I know financially it’s a good deal for the club but we as fans are having the piss taken out of us. They know we’ll buy anything they put out and they are cashing in on us being so loyal to our club yet doing absolutely nothing to address the issues.

We deserve better and in hindsight Castore aren’t a strong enough brand to meet demand. I’d rather have a generic range from Nike for example than the shit quality they are serving up. Again, I understand the pandemic situation won’t help but that can’t be an excuse for a lot of the problems fans are experiencing.

The black and gold gear was better quality I have to say however if they don’t address the overall issues going into next season, the shit is going to hit the fan.

That’s a sensible post.

I’d like to think our SLO is feeding back these issues to the club but, in reality, these problems we’re having with Castore are way bigger than the SLO, and I mean no disrespect to the SLO in saying this.

Someone at the club in a very senior position should be dealing directly with the two charlatan brothers and ensuring we get kit of the quality we deserve.

If Castore can’t get the basics right and provide us with kit that doesn’t fall to pieces, we should be ripping up this deal – no matter how financially beneficial it is.

It’s simply not right to do nothing about this because the finances are impressive – the simple fact is our supporters are being ripped off and very badly let down.

Re. the SLO saying to email in the first instance, perhaps when poor quality kit is being returned, we should also be emailing the clib commercial department with our details, photos etc.

Going back to the Focus group event that happened a while back, i seem to recall (and someone may correct me) that a figure of 3% of all sales was given for number of items returned (all items, not just faulty), and that the average is 5/6%.

With these figures, perhaps Castore are downplaying the issues when in discussion with the club? Especially as some on here seem to have received poor quality stuff, but not returned them due to cost/hassle with Hermes etc

Or maybe just send them a link to this thread, that should cover all bases!

Back