Pathetic Quality From Castore

The fact that issues STILL continue to this day, after months and months, suggests that the club are not properly addressing things with Castore.

If they are, then Castore are just ignoring their concerns with regard to quality control.

The quality is a sham. It’s absolutely inexcusable for any customer to get substandard products. We’ve gave them a lot of leeway due to the pandemic, probably also out of sheer relief that it’s not SD. When does enough become enough though?

Do we blindly just keep buying sub standard tat?
People were going off their nut at Hummel not being a big enough/trendy enough manufacturer. But the Hummel stuff I bought is still going strong. Whereas Castore’s looks like it’s 10 years old after a few months. People can hide behind not following the washing instructions, but it’s not been an issue with any other Rangers (or other club) stuff I’ve had before.

We were promised the best of the best, we were told the only way Castore would beat out the likes of Nike and Adidas is through being better at everything. At this rate they should be going out of business!

People were going off their nut at Hummel not being a big enough/trendy enough manufacturer. But the Hummel stuff I bought is still going strong.
My Diadora Rangers top from 2002 is still in better condition because the logos and stitching hasn't fell off. I have regular 10 year old Nike and Adidas tshirts in better condition. Something seriously wrong at Castore.

As a side topic, as more than likely this clothing merchandise will possibly be coming from Asian climbs, an area to be aware of is Covid contamination, from areas rampant with the disease? Should some form of cross contamination avoidance be recommende.

I really don't see anything changing at all. I suspect Castore's ambition and confidence has come from their plan to outsource manufacturing to the cheapest bidder. If that's their model, then we're stuck with it. Rangers have simply opted for the best deal financially and might be turning a blind eye hoping things improve.

A on the Castore stitching and the 2 on 21 is like a Z compared to the 2 on 20

Castore have to come out and make a statement regarding this utter clusterf*ck.

fans merchandise aside there is a player or member of the back room team EVERY game we play that is wearing something that has a Castore logo missing or hanging off. If they can’t even get the players and staff gear right what chance do the broader public have?

Rangers should be looking to cut all ties with these charlatans for continued ineptness
Order one large and they sent me two , the despatch address is for someone else and I will be sending back . Embroidery on both is poor . I will upload some pictures
Even the Castore lettering on that and some others posted are a shambles. You would think they would at least care enough about there own brand to get that right. My 2 year old could spell Castore in a straighter line than that with magnetic letters on a fridge door.

A separate email address should be created for complaints against the poor quality of castore items and it should be monitored by members of our commercial team and all complaints should be recorded. Because it doesn’t look like Castore are giving a %^*& about certain items.

At the end of each week or month the club should be pulling up Castore with the amount of returned items because of poor quality and ask for an explanation.
I tag Rangers and Castore on my social media posts about the shit over priced items... they must know the rumblings of the support and are doing hee haw about it

more frustrating is the fact that assleys products were and are vastly superior...

I placed an order for two shirts in the first batch.

Arrived yesterday and only received only one shirt in the packet which certainly wasn't a great start.

On top of this, the stitching is awful on the one I did get especially on the Castore text. The C and E letters aren't even the same size as the rest of the word, and some of the other lettering has small bits missing where others have grown extra parts.

£70 for something of such poor quality is just not on. There's guys in Benidorm doing higher quality work

Arrived yesterday and only received only one shirt in the packet which certainly wasn't a great start.

On top of this, the stitching is awful on the one I did get especially on the Castore text. The C and E letters aren't even the same size as the rest of the word, and some of the other lettering has small bits missing where others have grown extra parts.

£70 for something of such poor quality is just not on. There's guys in Benidorm doing higher quality work

That’s embarrassing, mate.

Surely the club have to take these Castore chancers to task?

It’s simply not good enough.

The amount of people I have seen posts with on Social Media Rangers Sites with poor quality Rangers Garments is embarrassing and un professional and Rangers FC should be getting this sorted , they have taken the money and don’t give a Fcuk IMO.

It’s pretty obvious that Castore are trying to fleece as much money as they can, whilst making it all for as cheap as possible.

They’ve focused on churning out as much tat as they can - 3 kits, training gear, then black, gold, 55 t shirts, champions, “end of season “ kit... all whilst ignoring their various and ongoing quality issues.

Some of their stuff looks good but it doesn’t stand up after a few washes. We deserve better than the bungle bros working out of their mums basement. That lettering and embroidery is a farce.

These clowns risk messing up our 150th celebrations. Do the club care?

It’s pretty obvious that Castore are trying to fleece as much money as they can, whilst making it all for as cheap as possible.

They’ve focused on churning out as much tat as they can - 3 kits, training gear, then black, gold, 55 t shirts, champions, “end of season “ kit... all whilst ignoring their various and ongoing quality issues.

Some of their stuff looks good but it doesn’t stand up after a few washes. We deserve better than the bungle bros working out of their mums basement. That lettering and embroidery is a farce.

They are going to completely mess up the 150 anniversary stuff.

This is unforgivable.

They’re not very good at scaling up their production or doing things en masse. That’s us and the AFL team having had problems. How do we think they’ll fare with a PL team?

The club will be happy as they’re getting more money from it but our quality control is abysmal and frankly, not good enough. Our offering is only as good as the worst part of it. Right now, that is not equatable to that of a larger sports brand.

Think thats a bit harsh mate .
Unless their Rangers product is inferior to their mainstream stuff that i have bought has been of excellent quality.

Not quite Champions home shirt territory but washed my blue 55 top for the first time today - I've owned rangers tops for 20 years and all have been fine (yes even the Carling 2004 shirt still has the sponsor on it) and I've found that the black square label on the inside with the size has almost come right off. Absolutely raging.

Posted this in the other thread but..

Just double checked the quality of mine as its still in the wrapping. It is terrible - The 'c' and the 's' in Champions are the wrong size, half a star missing, the white/red striping on the collar is a mile off etc. Will be returning ASAP.

I've had no issues with various items purchased throughout the season but not overly confident with the Champions top seeing some of the shocking pics.

Although I'm second batch so maybe they'll have improved the quality by then.

Fucking state of that.

They’ve released far too much stuff imo. Should have been putting every effort into getting the champions strip right rather than releasing end of season range. Never even knew that was a thing. Purely cashing on the fans desire to buy stuff so they’ve put out so many different ranges of stuff. Can’t blame them for that from a business decision but at least get your products right first.

Better never started

What is the proper link to generate a returns label? They have sent me about 4 different links and not very informative instructions on how to complete returns!

Hummel were actually leagues above this mob for quality. All of my kit from those 2 seasons has held up superbly.
Hummel are a brand who have been involved in this level of quality and quantity for years. I said eealy in the thread that even Macron are a better sportswear supplier quality wise than Castore because they've supplied some real big names with kit over the last however long, and the quality control will actually exist.

Castore are a couple of chancers, and it will take a lot to convince me otherwise.

That’s ridiculous.

Castore got a lot of good will this season as they had a few months to get stuff in place.

However now we see the mess of the Champions Home Kit for some people, what’s their excuses now?

I know financially it’s a good deal for the club but we as fans are having the piss taken out of us. They know we’ll buy anything they put out and they are cashing in on us being so loyal to our club yet doing absolutely nothing to address the issues.

We deserve better and in hindsight Castore aren’t a strong enough brand to meet demand. I’d rather have a generic range from Nike for example than the shit quality they are serving up. Again, I understand the pandemic situation won’t help but that can’t be an excuse for a lot of the problems fans are experiencing.

The black and gold gear was better quality I have to say however if they don’t address the overall issues going into next season, the shit is going to hit the fan.
Maybe there hiring blind worker's if they think there goods are upto our standards to be fair after the school jumper scenario am surprised the scouse cowboys haven't been took to trade and standards

Maybe there hiring blind worker's if they think there goods are upto our standards to be fair after the school jumper scenario am surprised the scouse cowboys haven't been took to trade and standards
Remploy turned out first class goods, whatever they turned their hand to. Standard on display here is shambolic.

I have bought the home top,white away,and 2 orange training top easily the worst ever Rangers tops i have ever bought in my 40 odd years supporting Rangers.
Home top sponsors fell off after 1 was another 2 washes top shrunk now binned.
Away top same, 2 orange training tops has no lettering or even a Rangers badge left on it ffs.
I for 1 will not buy another Castore strip.

When it comes to merchandise we are clearly nothing more than customers to the club. Castore can’t be allowed to make the 150th kits, its not like the quality problems have been ironed out over the season.

I have bought the home top,white away,and 2 orange training top easily the worst ever Rangers tops i have ever bought in my 40 odd years supporting Rangers.
Home top sponsors fell off after 1 was another 2 washes top shrunk now binned.
Away top same, 2 orange training tops has no lettering or even a Rangers badge left on it ffs.
I for 1 will not buy another Castore strip.

The club and Castore don’t care.

It’s a shocking state of affairs.

When it comes to merchandise we are clearly nothing more than customers to the club. Castore can’t be allowed to make the 150th kits, its not like the quality problems have been ironed out over the season.
If they fųck up our prestigious 150th anniversary kits then there has to be serious action. Our club deserves quality, especially at the premium prices we pay.

If they fųck up our prestigious 150th anniversary kits then there has to be serious action. Our club deserves quality, especially at the premium prices we pay.
I haven't seen any complaints about the emobroidery on the new training stuff.

It might just be a case that there are problems with items that have been rushed out, it's not acceptable but would explain a lack of concern from the club.

It might just be a case that there are problems with items that have been rushed out, it's not acceptable but would explain a lack of concern from the club.
This is the embroidery on my End of season polo.

Last edited:

The embroidery problem in the kits are because the material shouldn't really be embroidered. People think embroidery got ditched for transfers because of chaffing but a big part was shirts getting thinner and not able to take the embroidery.

When they are put through the machines there's a hoop that goes over the area to embroider which pulls the shirt tight. With a thin material if you don't get it spot on then it's going to get distorted because it moves slightly with the needle pressure. That's done by hand and when it's a factory in Turkey or China they are just doing it once. I used to do it and sometimes it would take a few tries before getting it right, over/under-stretch just one part of the circle and it will bend the writing. There's no way they are doing it more than once, even the player kits embroidery is shoddy.

The bunching up and missing parts are because the thread got jammed, which will happen a lot with thin material, the embroiderer knows about that because they have to unjam it. Then they should take all of them out and take 5-10 mins per shirt to unpick the thread then reset it perfectly, or bin it if its as bad as some of these. It's probably a 15 minute stop for one shirt but its likely to be a few, so they aren't doing it and just reseting the machine to restart then mixing in the shit batch at the bottom of good batches to avoid quality control. I just got the boss moaning if I had a pile of ruined stock, these workers probably get it docked from their pay along with missing quotas trying to fix it so the incentive is to just hide it.

I said it earlier in the thread if someone had asked for embroidery on those shirts then they would be advised to use a transfer. Castore probably wanted a transfer but the support wanted embroidery. The problem is made worse by our badge, the club crest type are ok because it's a solid circle but our badge, Castore's, and the small writing are nightmares to embroider on thin material because of the detail and close gaps.

Theres also a common problem in their embroidery where they use too much thread, they do it in the interior stitching too and it makes the shoulder stitching ridiculously thick. I think they get charged on thread count and some factory is taking them for a ride along with viewing them as a lesser brand not worth spending too much time on quality control.

The embroidery problem in the kits are because the material shouldn't really be embroidered. People think embroidery got ditched for transfers because of chaffing but a big part was shirts getting thinner and not able to take the embroidery.

When they are put through the machines there's a hoop that goes over the area to embroider which pulls the shirt tight. With a thin material if you don't get it spot on then it's going to get distorted because it moves slightly with the needle pressure. That's done by hand and when it's a factory in Turkey or China they are just doing it once. I used to do it and sometimes it would take a few tries before getting it right, over/under-stretch just one part of the circle and it will bend the writing. There's no way they are doing it more than once, even the player kits embroidery is shoddy.

The bunching up and missing parts are because the thread got jammed, which will happen a lot with thin material, the embroiderer knows about that because they have to unjam it. Then they should take all of them out and take 5-10 mins per shirt to unpick the thread then reset it perfectly, or bin it if its as bad as some of these. It's probably a 15 minute stop for one shirt but its likely to be a few, so they aren't doing it and just reseting the machine to restart then mixing in the shit batch at the bottom of good batches to avoid quality control. I just got the boss moaning if I had a pile of ruined stock, these workers probably get it docked from their pay along with missing quotas trying to fix it so the incentive is to just hide it.

I said it earlier in the thread if someone had asked for embroidery on those shirts then they would be advised to use a transfer. Castore probably wanted a transfer but the support wanted embroidery. The problem is made worse by our badge, the club crest type are ok because it's a solid circle but our badge, Castore's, and the small writing are nightmares to embroider on thin material because of the detail and close gaps.

Theres also a common problem in their embroidery where they use too much thread, they do it in the interior stitching too and it makes the shoulder stitching ridiculously thick. I think they get charged on thread count and some factory is taking them for a ride along with viewing them as a lesser brand not worth spending too much time on quality control.

Really informative post, thanks for that.

Stupidly simplistic question, but can we not do what the likes of Umbro, Lotto, Nike, Adidas etc do then?

In the main, we never had these extensive problems until Castore came on the scene.
Why is this? Genuine question.

Don't know anything about embroidery but is everything done by a person on a sewing machine? Can they not program a machine to do it without a human?

Really informative post, thanks for that.

Stupidly simplistic question, but can we not do what the likes of Umbro, Lotto, Nike, Adidas etc do then?

In the main, we never had these extensive problems until Castore came on the scene.
Why is this? Genuine question.
We did have these issues with Puma mate

It's virtually impossible to find a shirt with a blackthorn sponsor fully in tact

We did have these issues with Puma mate

It's virtually impossible to find a shirt with a blackthorn sponsor fully in tact

Fair enough, I can’t remember that.

Certainly don’t recall it with the brands I’ve mentioned though.

I’ve got Adidas, Nike, Umbro and Hummel Rangers shirts in far better condition than my Castore ones this season.

Yet I’ve barely worn the Castore ones.

The older ones were worn extensively at fives, drinking etc and they still look great.

* I meant Hummel. Dunno where I got Lotto from LOL. First pair of football boots I had!

This is the embroidery on my End of season polo.

The machinist knows about that. It wasn't tight enough and the material slipped when the machine made the jump from the badge to the writing which causes the bent C and the mistakes in the logo. Then it jammed on the A so they've just cut it and reset the machine. Then when it started to jam on the S they've not stopped it and let it keep going probably hoping it gets to the end. The white under thread coming through is when it jammed bad and they cut it too much but don't go back a few more steps in the machine to cover it. Then it jams on the R and they don't even try to fix it and just keep reseting it to get it to the end.

Theres at least six different jams and stops in that badge, somebody's making a decision to keep using the same materials and templates because the workers will definitely be moaning that the materials and design don't work together on the machines they have.

The machinist knows about that. It wasn't tight enough and the material slipped when the machine made the jump from the badge to the writing which causes the bent C and the mistakes in the logo. Then it jammed on the A so they've just cut it and reset the machine. Then when it started to jam on the S they've not stopped it and let it keep going probably hoping it gets to the end. The white under thread coming through is when it jammed bad and they cut it too much but don't go back a few more steps in the machine to cover it. Then it jams on the R and they don't even try to fix it and just keep reseting it to get it to the end.

Theres at least six different jams and stops in that badge, somebody's making a decision to keep using the same materials and templates because the workers will definitely be moaning that the materials and design don't work together on the machines they have.

Surely the buck stops with Castore?

Thanks for the information. It’s good to learn a bit of how this is done.

What do you make of mine in post 5285 ?

The champions 20/21 embroidery on the bottom of the polo isnt great either. The polo which cost £45 plus delivery will be getting sent back.

Back