Matchday Catering Focus Group - Tomorrow 9:30

Price vs quality is so far apart you just feel you are buying it for the sake of it.

I am absolutely fine with the club making money on catering, I don't expect to pay what I would in the supermarket for the same thing.

Quality though is atrocious, it really is.

Get the club represented outside the stadium also.

Please, if you are attending dont just spend the hour moaning, try and take ideas to the table and find out what the barriers are to be tackled.

If you know bears who work in food retail and offer something decent them get their names in the frame.

For a club of our stature our catering is frankly embarrassing.I stopped eating the stuff inside the ground a few years ago and buy from the vans outside which are much nicer and better value for money.
I hope it's sorted for us coming back.

Last edited:
We are holding a virtual fans focus group this Friday (7th May) which will cover the club’s matchday catering experience.

The focus group will start at 9:30am and will last approximately one hour.

The session will be hosted by Natalie Nairn (Rangers Commercial and Marketing Team), Greg Marshall (Supporters Liaison Officer), Daniel Clarke (Membership & CRM Team) and Craig Stewart (Elior)

If you have any questions in advance, then please just let us know.

If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to the format of the session, then please let us know and we will be happy to assist where possible.

We have had a few dropouts for this and are keen to ensure a good number are present as we are aware it is something that many supporters feel very strongly about.

If you are a MyGers member and are keen to attend drop me an email at slo@rangers.co.uk and include your Rangers number.

We only have limited spaces so will allocate them on a first come first-served basis.

Thanks
Are they giving out virtual samples ? A virtual pie or sausage on a bun ?

[url=https://postimages.org/]host images[/URL]

I've been a massive advocate of having our own catering units around the footprint of Ibrox. Like what they have here at Arsenal but in Rangers branding/colour pallete. Apart from the quality of food we need to have a refurb of the concourses where we can collect orders from an app or pre paid screen such as the ones in mcdonalds and have collection points.

I might have got this idea from you Buddy initially, but yes you are so right. A club like Rangers should have permanent stops around the stadium to be able to go and buy both food and drink and official club merchandise. You could even have the two made into one with a wall seperating both sections. The amount of space we have outside the stadium is unreal. Knock down all these portacabins and replace them with something proper and meaningful the fans will use. Have various stops dotted around the stadium eg beside Ibrox Subway, near John Greig Statue, Copland, Broomloan, Sandy Jardine sides. So simple to do.

Go North American and have brand name eateries. McDonalds, Morrisons for pies ,Krispy Kreme for sweet stuff and maybe an Irn Bru stand.

Will there be minutes of this meeting available to all? (I.e those that can't attend)

Clydebank Juniors - cup of tea with roll in square sausage - £1.20. Problem solved. :)
zs67JX5.gif

Bottled Water (,lid off)
Wraps
Curry kiosk like Tynecastle provides
Decent meal deals
Slash the price of tea/coffee

I only use the food outlet if I'm desperate. £5 for an iffy pie and add boiling water watery bovril is frankly taking the pish.
The cost of tea and coffee is also ridiculous, especially when you can buy 1100 Tetley tea bags for £15 and 200 nescafe sachets for £20. Even taking overheads into consideration, that's some mark up.

Last edited:
The fact the club entered into a new deal with Elior shows they have no regard for the quality of food served in Ibrox. It was the perfect opportunity to create a food market style like Liverpool have done but they have chosen to go with mass produced crap.

I’ve been in bar72 for years and it’s the same rubbish every week. Frozen fish, cow lip burger and frozen chips. Like being in a school canteen from 30 years ago. Unfortunately rangers still think that every fan wants a pie and burger. Hopefully it changes but you couldn’t even buy a bottle of water last time I went to a game

Can you add bottled water to the options?

My eldest doesn't drink fizzy juice at all and there's no option for anything other than that or Bovril.

The speed the staff work at is appauling. I've had a couple of friends over from North America at games and they were stunned at it. Service in this country is poor anyway but Ibrox is atrocious.

Should be able to buy bottles of water particularly as not allowed to take drinks in

I have a few questions I would like answered:

1. How long do we have left on the current catering deal and are there plans to renew?
  2. Is the any plans to tender out spaces within the stadium?
  3. There is the Big Feed in Kinning Park, would it be a possibility to have a rotation of "guest" food stalls coming into the kiosks?

I have a few questions I would like answered:

1. How long do we have left on the current catering deal and are there plans to renew?
  2. Is the any plans to tender out spaces within the stadium?
  3. There is the Big Feed in Kinning Park, would it be a possibility to have a rotation of "guest" food stalls coming into the kiosks?

I might be wrong but im sure we have just renewed elior deal last year . Utter madness. It’s just brake brothers rubbish.
Your correct you mention the big feed, shows what can be done in small busy spaces

Immediate thoughts:

Quality and value for money - not nearly good enough

Variety - could be much enhanced with curry bars, pizza stalls etc

Modernisation - new ideas and innovation to make the experience not seem like it was still 1990

Speed of staff and price is a big issue for me. Order two pies (not both for me lol) and they go and collect them one at a time. Then charge £11-£12 for them with a couple of small drinks.

I liked when we were doing the soup and a roll option a few years back. Would like to see that back.

Two massive cardboard boxes with string handles, one with filled cold meat rolls,
one with cheese rolls for the veggie option. Pound a roll. Sorted.

It’s often the simplest solution which is best.
With some spearmint chewing gum and chipmunk crisps and of course macaroon bars thrown in for good measure

What about machines to dish out drinks, snacks and cold food? These would help cut queues.

I think a big part of the problem is the size of the kiosks, they are from a different era when a much simpler offering would have been acceptable - they are like a tuck shop from school.

A few folk have suggested chips, pizza, curry etc which would be great but there isn’t enough room to accommodate that type of range.

Perhaps try to find a way of making more use of vending machines?

Would it be possible to bring closer many of the burger vans that are around Ibrox anyway during the first half for half time, fence off areas around some exits and allow bears to use even some of the vans? This would also allow people out for a smoke and the vans could retreat to their normal locations during the second half.

My son, grandson and myself use alternative catering outside the ground. We would gladly use the facilities within the ground if the standard and options improve and the rip off prices cease.

No complaints about the pies they're delicious right enough I get mine at the Louden

The fact the club entered into a new deal with Elior shows they have no regard for the quality of food served in Ibrox. It was the perfect opportunity to create a food market style like Liverpool have done but they have chosen to go with mass produced crap.

I’ve been in bar72 for years and it’s the same rubbish every week. Frozen fish, cow lip burger and frozen chips. Like being in a school canteen from 30 years ago. Unfortunately rangers still think that every fan wants a pie and burger. Hopefully it changes but you couldn’t even buy a bottle of water last time I went to a game
They struggle to give the pies away at 6pm. That’s very telling as we’re all fat bastards.

They've been doing the basics wrong for years.

It's pretty simple stuff to get right but there is just no thought or effort put into it.

I stopped buying the shit ages ago.

I'm sceptical if things will improve.

Looking at who is hosting it and the "success" of previous "focus groups" - and with Elior still in the frame - I have very low expectations.

Compared to many clubs in England, our set up, offering and service is embarassing.

Official club catering should be served outside the ground as well, the club must lose a lot of money waiting in the long queues pre-match and at half time with people rushing back to see the start of the first or second halves. Would also take down a lot of rogue sellers.
The problem is some of those burger vans provide food at half the price and much higher quality.

Absoloutly the club should be making money on this but where do you even start.

The quality of food is horrendous, the prices scandoulous and that's before we get to the service

Back