Matchday Catering Focus Group - Tomorrow 9:30

A focus group ffs.

Tick-box exercise if ever their was one.

Just get the basics of catering done properly.

A visit to any EPL or Championship side in England shows how it's done.

If Elior are needing to have a 'focus group' then they are even more incompetent than we thought. They should be out on their arse.

Its slightly worrying that a professional catering company needs a focus group to direct its approach to serving customers.

A visit to some of the world's top sporting stadia would shiw them what we should be doing. Even Murrayfield for the rugby is streets ahead of Ibrox on matchday

I don’t think it’s great but it’s also not the worst it’s fast food at the football what you expecting a 5 star chef?
I expect a pie at the price they charge not to be brick hard. I expect a burger at the price they charge not to be like rubber and the bun not to be hard. Same with hot dog. Premium prices they charge for absolute shite imo. I don't think it's unreasonable if an outlet is charging top £ compared to similar elsewhere for it to be at least decent quality.
Kilmarnock and Dunfermline are 2 grounds that have much better quality of pies and bridies mainstays of matchday food. If 2 clubs like that can at least put a decent offering out I really don't see why we can't.

Last edited:
They’re merely appeasing us. Nothing unfortunately will come of it.
Yep. As I mentioned earlier, it's just a tick box exercise to say that they 'consulted with fans' etc.

Any properly run professional catering company would have it sorted long before now.

They've been doing the basics wrong for years.

It's pretty simple stuff to get right but there is just no thought or effort put into it.

I stopped buying the shit ages ago.

I'm sceptical if things will improve.

Looking at who is hosting it and the "success" of previous "focus groups" - and with Elior still in the frame - I have very low expectations.

Compared to many clubs in England, our set up, offering and service is embarassing.
The service is the main thing for me. The staff in my experience are morons that if they went any slower they'd be going backwards.

Also when you say "a pie please" in any Scottish football ground, you're obviously after a scotch pie. If you want a steak or a macaroni etc, you'd specify that. No need to waste time asking the type.

The service is the main thing for me. The staff in my experience are morons that if they went any slower they'd be going backwards.

Also when you say "a pie please" in any Scottish football ground, you're obviously after a scotch pie. If you want a steak or a macaroni etc, you'd specify that. No need to waste time asking the type.
Service is shocking mate and has been getting steadily worse.

As I said, the basics of catering are pretty simple.

- Provide a sufficient range of food and drink options.

- Ensure served at appropriate temperature and cooked to appropriate standard

- Priced at value for money

- Provide friendly and efficient service

None of this is rocket science.

And you don't need a focus group to sort this out ffs.

This is one area where I don't have any sympathy for the club if they are not making much money from it. It's been appalling.

I've had friends and family up from England for games and they couldn't believe how shite it was.

A few folk have suggested chips, pizza, curry etc which would be great but there isn’t enough room to accommodate that type of range.

I’ve been to Loftus Road many times in recent seasons and they offer pizzas, pie and mash, doughnuts and various items from kiosks no bigger than ours, within significantly narrower concourses.

If QPR can manage to offer a wider bill of fayre in these circumstances then so should the big Rangers.

Last edited:
I’ve been to Loftus Road many times in recent seasons and they offer pizzas, doughnuts and various offerings from kiosks no bigger than ours, within significantly narrower concourses.

If QPR can manage to offer a wider bill of fayre in these circumstances then so should the big Rangers.
I don't think I've been to a stadium in England and thought "oh, our catering is better than this".

I am a caterer. Had my own business. The catering at Ibrox is a joke and has been for many a year.
I have said it on here before. We need to do everything ourselves, in house.
Building a kitchen off site that can make all the food from scratch.
There is not enough money in making quality food at good prices for lots of people to get a cut.
We need to own everything. Make or own pies on a mass scale from scratch and everything else that the fans demand/want. Baguettes that taste amazing. Spicy noodles, etc etc etc
Get the products and taste right and fans will buy direct in their thousands.
I would want to be selling outside before the games, have fans buying stuff on their way out to take home to the family etc.
Create a product! lets go

Lol, after reading through this thread the hour long virtual meeting will be a real drag unless somebody takes care to quickly weed out the guys who will just insist on moaning that "the stuff is shite" without adding much in the way of constructive criticism.

Charge any greedy selfish person who wants to go to Ibrox during the first or second half for something to eat and get in peoples way and interrupting watching the game an extra £2 per item.

Thanks.

Lol, after reading through this thread the hour long virtual meeting will be a real drag unless somebody takes care to quickly weed out the guys who will just insist on moaning that "the stuff is shite" without adding much in the way of constructive criticism.
I actually don’t think the pies are bad at all, well in GR1 anyway. Steak or pie of the month is normally fine.

People wanting Dominos etc are in dreamland IMO. No doubt though some better options could be explored.

My gripes are two fold:

1. they should really take card. It would speed things up.

2. the service is painfully slow. They essentially have a 15 minute window to serve most folk and at times it’s painful to watch. I don’t know if it’s down to laziness, lack of training or what but it’s literally 15 mins so it shouldn’t be too hard. Someone mentioned it earlier but an example is if you order two different type of pies they go and get one and bring it to the counter and then go back and get the next one. Simple things like that. Just grab them both ffs!

Thanks for all the feedback - we have replaced those who have dropped out and hopefully can have a productive meeting that benefits the support :)
Greg, no offence but who are you in regards to the catering?
The whole lots needs a revamp from the ground up
You really need to get someone (like me) that knows what they are doing to turn a shambles into a goldmine

Just a thought, but I hope the response to all the criticism, and the desire to correct the reported quality issues is better than has been evident in the Castore situation. :cool:

Elior/Azure have been at it for years and in my opinion have zero appetite to fix the shambles they serve up in the concourses.

From experience they are actually very decent in the hospitality suites and the Argyle restaurant. This is where they will be focusing their efforts, it's where they yield the most coin and the rank and file can continue to be served slop by uninterested students.

They don't care and its up to somebody at Rangers to do something about it.

Its slightly worrying that a professional catering company needs a focus group to direct its approach to serving customers.

A visit to some of the world's top sporting stadia would shiw them what we should be doing. Even Murrayfield for the rugby is streets ahead of Ibrox on matchday

Never been to the rugby, but when we went to Murrayfield to play hearts, I couldn't believe the variety and choice available.

Even half the selection they had would be a massive improvement.

Just renewed season tickets, no say on catering. Family member mygers member, has no season ticket, can be part of focus group on catering on match day? So my £550 to his £50 gives him bigger voice on the match day experience. Surely this cannot be right.
Pay the additional £40 to join MyGers,that 30,000 others have and you too can enjoy the benefits of the membership scheme.
Do you want your family member to pay £50 to join a membership scheme that has no benefits?

Last edited:
Mygers members always seem to get priority..even ahead of season ticket holders
MyGers members get benefits that are set out clearly for everyone to see.
A membership scheme that raises around a million pounds in additional revenue for the club.
You pay that fee,you get access to the perks.

Is the food question not really an easy one - Would the Directors box accept being served up the same quality of food on offer to the vast majority of the Stadium?

Elior/Azure have been at it for years and in my opinion have zero appetite to fix the shambles they serve up in the concourses.

From experience they are actually very decent in the hospitality suites and the Argyle restaurant. This is where they will be focusing their efforts, it's where they yield the most coin and the rank and file can continue to be served slop by uninterested students.

They don't care and its up to somebody at Rangers to do something about it.
Said that for years. Elior have been there for that long that they’ve rested on their laurels. They’ve made plenty of money out of it too. Your right about the argyle, that was and probably still is pretty good and they do fire most of the effort there.

What they need to do, as in elior, I’d start employing people with a bit more desire and that would mean having to pay a bit more. They’ve been paying the staff utter wallys for years, and with that comes the worst possible levels of service. Then the dross that gets served up. They mark it up that much and they know that people will still pay it regardless. Thats been Their attitude for years. “The dafties in the stand will pay for it anyway, who cares”

The guys who run the contract have made a fortune and I know that they don’t give a shit as long as the gravy train keeps rolling along.

Get rid of elior and the problem is 75% solved. Freshen it up a bit and bring in some new ideas.

The club talk about 150 years and pepping everything up for it, the concourse food is stuck in the 90s and that should be high on the agenda to sort out.

Back