HugoBoss

New to the forum so apologies if there is another thread/discussion on this. If there is please point me in the direction of it.

Me & my old man are currently “hospitality clients” in Club72 (formerly Bar72) as many will be aware the price was hiked up by £1000 this summer to £2366.40 (a snazzy £1972+VAT) this is after the price jumped from around £1100 to £1400 last summer without any consultation with members. We paid our money & declined the offer last July of refunds on a per-match basis to support the club in the pursuit of 55. Now the renewals come in & they’ve added another £1000 on?! After paying £1400 to attend not a single match. All because we’re no longer classes as season ticket holders anymore, we’re hospitality clients. They said this to us last summer:

“The opportunity to work together during this unprecedented time will have a positive impact upon the club and will not be taken for granted."

Well we’ve definitely been taken for granted. Getting priced out of our seats for the prawn sandwich brigade. Taken for absolute mugs. You’d think they’d at least keep the same price as last season after we paid all that money. Or offered refunds on the increase which was to fund the refurbishment which we have yet to sample.

In my opinion the way we have & still are being treated goes completely against the values of our club. I have spoke to quite a few fellow Club72 members on Twitter & would like to get in touch with more if possible on here. I’ve had long but fruitless dialogue with the club but I don’t want to roll over on this. Like many of you on here I retained my old season ticket in 2012, in the toughest times. Our first title in 10 years, then the club treat us this way? It’s disgraceful.

Plenty Club 72 members on here mate. They might take exception to being called the 'prawn sandwich brigade' right enough, most are just ordinary punters like you.

There's been a number of posts about it. You've said the price increased to £1972+VAT, which is what I recall from other posts, but I'm not sure you've got it correct about a further £1000 increase taking it to £2972+VAT. Not for a single season at least. I'm sure someone will be along to confirm soon.

I'm also sure there were options to relocate to other areas of the ground if you choose to do so.

It's some jump in price from £1400 to just under £2400 especially when you consider you watched the games the same way as I did but I only paid £538.

I don't even know what other options would be open to you given the demand for season tickets.

Hopefully you will get a satisfactory solution.

Plenty Club 72 members on here mate. They might take exception to being called the 'prawn sandwich brigade' right enough, most are just ordinary punters like you.

There's been a number of posts about it. You've said the price increased to £1972+VAT, which is what I recall from other posts, but I'm not sure you've got it correct about a further £1000 increase taking it to £2972+VAT. Not for a single season at least. I'm sure someone will be along to confirm soon.

I'm also sure there were options to relocate to other areas of the ground if you choose to do so.
I’m not calling other members there currently the prawn sandwich brigade, I’m talking about the type of clients they clearly want in the seats they are pricing us out of.

The £1000 increase is on the cost from last summer. It’s gone from £1400 to £2400.

Why should we have to relocate? We paid £1400 last year to watch on TV like everyone else. Surely the club should take this into consideration. The cost of my ticket has more than doubles since we last attended a match in March 2020 vs Leverkusen. It’s unacceptable.

It does seem unfair especially given the timing. I would hope you are prioritised elsewhere in the stadium should you need/want to leave that area.

The price won’t be brought back down. What would be a satisfactory outcome now?

The whole club72 situation has been very poor, price hikes, comms, refunds and being told you will lose your seat if you take the full refund, just scrapes the surface. Add in the fact you dont get any MyGers points for renewing your ticket is another bug bear of mine. You're told you can relocate and will maybe get priority, however, if there are a couple in your group the chances of a decent seat may not be too easy

It's some jump in price from £1400 to just under £2400 especially when you consider you watched the games the same way as I did but I only paid £538.

I don't even know what other options would be open to you given the demand for season tickets.

Hopefully you will get a satisfactory solution.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not griping about paying more that other season ticket holders like yourself for the same service this season. That’s how it goes I guess. But the increase last summer when the rest were frozen, then another increase this summer.. it’s ridiculous.

I’m not calling other members there currently the prawn sandwich brigade, I’m talking about the type of clients they clearly want in the seats they are pricing us out of.

The £1000 increase is on the cost from last summer. It’s gone from £1400 to £2400.

Why should we have to relocate? We paid £1400 last year to watch on TV like everyone else. Surely the club should take this into consideration. The cost of my ticket has more than doubles since we last attended a match in March 2020 vs Leverkusen. It’s unacceptable.
Your OP makes it sound like there was a further increase beyond the £1972+VAT. Hey I'm not Club 72 so its probably not my debate but my understanding is that refunds were on offer to you guys (unlike others). That you chose not to take it is laudable but the option was there. Last correspondence around Christmas time I believe. I also understand that the prices for this coming season were announced to you guys a year early so it was clear what was coming and discounts were on offer for paying in advance.

I will leave it at that as there are others much better placed to comment. Its clearly been badly handled but nothing is going to change now so it would appear to be suck it up or relocate. Sorry.

You wereoffered a refund. The fact that you didnt take it is down to you but its disingenuous to say that club have taken you for granted.

I’ve said my feeling on here numerous times about how disappointed I am in the club and they way they have handled this whole thing. I’ve came to the conclusion that the club don’t give a toss about fans and when push comes to shove they will happily treat fans like crap if it suits them and they think they can make a fast buck.

1. The first issue I had was the complete lack of communication from the club last season. At no point when they raised the price up by £400 did they say that it was a stepping stone to a much larger increase this coming season. This was deliberately hid from people. It was disgusting that the club put up the price that much when they must have known there was a good chance that fans might not get in to games plus the small matter of the suite not being done up until

2. I ended up taking the two year option which brought the cost down to around £1600 per season for last year and this coming year. This offer wasn’t made public and so I’ve benefitted from it but lots of others are completely unaware about it.

3. Vip mygers is another con where if I decide to leave bar 72 next year ( which I am ), currently all the mygers points I would have received would be worth nothing and I would go straight down to bronze. Apparently the club are looking at this but as usual nothing is done.

4. the offer of refunds/ credits for this current season was verging on criminal. Those who took up the option for a refund were essentially blackmailed in to withdrawing the claim while those who asked for a credit now get to put this against next years ticket which isn’t fair in the slightest.

I have no issue with the club needing finance as we all want a successful club but there are times when I just feel that the fans loyalty is being taken advantage of. In no other business could you treat customers like they have done. Last night was the classic example where the club could have shown a bit of humility and gave the player of the year night for free to season ticket holders

It does seem unfair especially given the timing. I would hope you are prioritised elsewhere in the stadium should you need/want to leave that area.

The price won’t be brought back down. What would be a satisfactory outcome now?
I see no reason they can’t reconsider & give us our tickets at the same price as agreed last year. At least for one season. Let’s not kid ourselves though, £2400 is a joke for a refurbished bar. It averages about £85 a match with a European run. Take off £10 for pie, pint & a programme & £75 is still double a good seat in the Govan Rear. To watch is play the likes of St Mirren & Hamilton, come on.

Your OP makes it sound like there was a further increase beyond the £1972+VAT. Hey I'm not Club 72 so its probably not my debate but my understanding is that refunds were on offer to you guys (unlike others). That you chose not to take it is laudable but the option was there. Last correspondence around Christmas time I believe. I also understand that the prices for this coming season were announced to you guys a year early so it was clear what was coming and discounts were on offer for paying in advance.

I will leave it at that as there are others much better placed to comment. Its clearly been badly handled but nothing is going to change now so it would appear to be suck it up or relocate. Sorry.

the further price increase or ability to have a two year option for next year was never disclosed in any rangers email. Anything you found out was due to other fans asking questions and having to dig yourself

You wereoffered a refund. The fact that you didnt take it is down to you but its disingenuous to say that club have taken you for granted.
I know this. I didn’t take the refund because I knew ST holders weren’t offered one. We have absolutely been taken for granted. They took £1400 last summer knowing it was going up to £2400 this summer but didn’t mention that at all.

Even if the 2 year deal that bar72 bear alluded to was a available going forward, this would soften the blow a bit, I'm currently in the same boat, this season may be my last up there as I'd be priced out

I share a box in Club deck with pals all of whom are from Staunch working class roots. What's the "type of client" you think they want?

I know this. I didn’t take the refund because I knew ST holders weren’t offered one. We have absolutely been taken for granted. They took £1400 last summer knowing it was going up to £2400 this summer but didn’t mention that at all.

absolutely 100%. I have a business where two of my regular customers are also in bar 72. When I seen them last around November I asked them if they had taken the 2 year option and they said they hadn’t heard of it and asked how I knew and I said It was only through follow follow. Complete disgrace that that couple now face paying around £800 more than me to have their seat this season

Even if the 2 year deal that bar72 bear alluded to was a available going forward, this would soften the blow a bit, I'm currently in the same boat, this season may be my last up there as I'd be priced out

i go with 3 other guys who could afford to easily pay for the increase but they have all decided to ditch it as they are that annoyed at how the club have handled things.

I sit in the Main Stand Rear so not directly affected by this but reading through the posts in this thread I would say that the OP is correct in his assertions and it appears that they are trying to price the ordinary punters out these seats to get away with extortionate prices that companies/premium customers would pay.

I've sat in bar72 for a couple of friendlies and the views really are top notch so I can see what the money men are thinking - not that I agree with it.

They did mention it. The price for next season was published before last season, there were loads of threads on it at the time.

I don't agree with the price, I think it's way too high, but it shouldn't have taken you by surprise, it was published when they launched the info for the refurb project.

I’ve said my feeling on here numerous times about how disappointed I am in the club and they way they have handled this whole thing. I’ve came to the conclusion that the club don’t give a toss about fans and when push comes to shove they will happily treat fans like crap if it suits them and they think they can make a fast buck.

1. The first issue I had was the complete lack of communication from the club last season. At no point when they raised the price up by £400 did they say that it was a stepping stone to a much larger increase this coming season. This was deliberately hid from people. It was disgusting that the club put up the price that much when they must have known there was a good chance that fans might not get in to games plus the small matter of the suite not being done up until

2. I ended up taking the two year option which brought the cost down to around £1600 per season for last year and this coming year. This offer wasn’t made public and so I’ve benefitted from it but lots of others are completely unaware about it.

3. Vip mygers is another con where if I decide to leave bar 72 next year ( which I am ), currently all the mygers points I would have received would be worth nothing and I would go straight down to bronze. Apparently the club are looking at this but as usual nothing is done.

4. the offer of refunds/ credits for this current season was verging on criminal. Those who took up the option for a refund were essentially blackmailed in to withdrawing the claim while those who asked for a credit now get to put this against next years ticket which isn’t fair in the slightest.

I have no issue with the club needing finance as we all want a successful club but there are times when I just feel that the fans loyalty is being taken advantage of. In no other business could you treat customers like they have done. Last night was the classic example where the club could have shown a bit of humility and gave the player of the year night for free to season ticket holders
Did they give a reason why your mygers points can’t be transferred. Are you given extra points that non vipmygers Members don’t get access to. Surely even if there is a reason they just convert your current total to the same level on the normal mygers scheme and take off any extra points . For example and I know this isn’t a real example . Say a normal season ticket holder gets 120 points for a season ticket but a vip member gets 150. Surely they just take off the extra 30 and the 120 counts towards your new total

I've renewed (probably against my better judgement) but I feel exactly the same. The main reason for renewing is that, I've sacrificed mygers points by becoming'VIP'. 20 years of a season ticket on CCCS now counts for nothing (putting me at the bottom of any season ticket list). Add into that I don't think my dad and I would get two seats together in an area that is as good (e.g., GR 3/4/5). So we're essentially stuck.

The options on credit were not clear - and the initial email at time of renewal suggested a 3% credit for all games BCD would've been automatic.

But in all honesty, the communication has been very poor from the outset of this price increase even before COVID-19. I don't know of any supporters in Bar 72 who were consulted about moving to corporate clients away from usual ticketing channels. I understand that club want to maximise revenue, but it would maybe have been a better idea for them to create an equivalent to what Bar 72 is (or was) before doing that then at least giving us the chance to decide what we wanted to do.

@Greg Marshall - do take a note of these feelings and pass them on through appropriate channels. Not that much will change, but it would be good for the club to be aware of how many of us are feeling. I don't feel it's fair to direct any frustration to Pippa or Natalie for a decision taken way above their heads, so emailing them would just be pointless.

Did they give a reason why your mygers points can’t be transferred. Are you given extra points that non vipmygers Members don’t get access to. Surely even if there is a reason they just convert your current total to the same level on the normal mygers scheme and take off any extra points . For example and I know this isn’t a real example . Say a normal season ticket holder gets 120 points for a season ticket but a vip member gets 150. Surely they just take off the extra 30 and the 120 counts towards your new total

Nah, Bar 72 ticket holders don't get any points for renewing and 'VIP' MyGers got me the same box with a scarf inside as everybody else.

And you were made aware of the price increase this year prior to paying the original £1400,at least I was.

i am sure if you took the refund the club were going to sell your seat to someone else for next season.

Nah, Bar 72 ticket holders don't get any points for renewing and 'VIP' MyGers got me the same box with a scarf inside as everybody else.
Strange . Surely it wouldn’t be that hard to work out what you would have got and covert it. You would reckon at least some hospitality clients would be up in gold

as it stands currently all points I had prior to the forming of mygers have been frozen for me now that I’m a hospitality client. I think I have around 1000 points but I’ve earned no points for having my season ticket this year or next so when I leave bar72 I’ll be dumped down in bronze with no chance of away tickets etc even though by the end of next season I’ll have sent around £6000 in season tickets over the last 5 years

i go with 3 other guys who could afford to easily pay for the increase but they have all decided to ditch it as they are that annoyed at how the club have handled things.

When the club can easily get they seats sold it's not really giving them a headache. Maybe should have kept them and got something done with people who sit there and talk to the club about in future dialogue etc must be better or x amount will leave. The club would still probably sell them but would take alot longer if alot if people done it. Or they would realise if they keep treating fans like that then itl happen every couple of seasons so let's fix the problem now and keep the ones we have happy.

I share a box in Club deck with pals all of whom are from Staunch working class roots. What's the "type of client" you think they want?
Ones who will pay £2400 for something that was priced at less than half of that a couple of years ago. They want “clients” not supporters. The have looked at my seat & decided they want more money from it. I’m not trying to have a go at anyone who has boxes etc. You get a lot for your money that we don’t. That’s what you pay for. The value is not there with our renewals. They want a more affluent “client” in my seat than myself it would seem.

I see no reason they can’t reconsider & give us our tickets at the same price as agreed last year. At least for one season. Let’s not kid ourselves though, £2400 is a joke for a refurbished bar. It averages about £85 a match with a European run. Take off £10 for pie, pint & a programme & £75 is still double a good seat in the Govan Rear. To watch is play the likes of St Mirren & Hamilton, come on.
Been in bar72 since it opened. Fact is that in Gerrard’s first two seasons it was a bargain. Given all the European games included it probably worked out cheaper than any other seat in the Govan Rear. I don’t think that the price last season was too high.
And then there is the bar. I can have a few beers prematch and never miss kick off. They won’t let me! And after the game a few more beers while we wait until the underground clears. Having done that since 2006, I don’t fancy going back to taxis out to Ibrox and sometimes missing kick off and then after the game either hoofing it down to Cessnock or Kinning Park and fighting my way onto a train. I’m just getting too old for that. Am I happy with the price hike? No, but I’ve paid up for the coming season and wait to see how it all works when one of the bars is table service only. Not looking forward to the prawn sandwiches though.

Haven't they been better value for money than buying separately given the past few European and cup runs?
At just over £1000 it was good value in some years and I actually think the £1400 that was charged this year is probably a fair price and people would have been happy paying for it. £2400 is a pisstake when the only difference is a pie and pint

At just over £1000 it was good value in some years and I actually think the £1400 that was charged this year is probably a fair price and people would have been happy paying for it. £2400 is a pisstake when the only difference is a pie and pint
I agree its steep but you should count in the fact as a "difference" is that you get ALL games included in your package. Other hospitality areas don't I might add.

When the club can easily get they seats sold it's not really giving them a headache. Maybe should have kept them and got something done with people who sit there and talk to the club about in future dialogue etc must be better or x amount will leave. The club would still probably sell them but would take alot longer if alot if people done it. Or they would realise if they keep treating fans like that then itl happen every couple of seasons so let's fix the problem now and keep the ones we have happy.

they will sell easily as it’s much better value than other hospitality suites which I personally think offer poor value for money especially as they only get you league games.
I’ve spoken to the club and said they are missing a trick if they don’t create new areas between £1200-1500 like the old bar72

Haven't they been better value for money than buying separately given the past few European and cup runs?
With the Euro qualifiers, group & last 32/16 it can work out an average of just under £40 a ticket. But there’s no guarantees of European football at the start of any given season. Admittedly since Gerrard has come in the European runs have made the ticket worthwhile but it’s never guaranteed.

Definitely, there's a market for folk willing to pay £1200-1400 per year. Hopefully the club see sense and offer a sports bar like area - like the Bar72 we all signed up for!

Definitely, there's a market for folk willing to pay £1200-1400 per year. Hopefully the club see sense and offer a sports bar like area - like the Bar72 we all signed up for!
If the Club can sell all the Club 72 seats at the new prices then it stands to reason that if they create any new areas, in other stands perhaps, they will price them similarly until they reach a point where demand is met. Bisgrove has said that he sees Hospitality as the growth area that brings the greatest rewards.

I agree its steep but you should count in the fact as a "difference" is that you get ALL games included in your package. Other hospitality areas don't I might add.
In an earlier post I broke it down to the average per match with a European run now being about £85, minus pie, pint & programme call it £75 it’s still double a good seat in the Govan Rear. The bar is great pre & post match but we’re there for the match & the view hasn’t changed.

If the Club can sell all the Club 72 seats at the new prices then it stands to reason that if they create any new areas, in other stands perhaps, they will price them similarly until they reach a point where demand is met. Bisgrove has said that he sees Hospitality as the growth area that brings the greatest rewards.

People in Bar72 don't want the full hospitality experience, they want a casual sports bar area where they can have a couple of pints and a chat with pals.

The next step for the club 'growing' hospitality will be converting other areas of the stadium into premium areas - perhaps the sections in the SJR that are already handed to UEFA corporate clients.

I think giving this season at the previous price, for those who didn’t take a refund last year, would be a small gesture from the Club.

A hell of a lot of Bar72 won’t pay the increase. Those prices are extreme for what you get unless the new set up is really special.

People in Bar72 don't want the full hospitality experience, they want a casual sports bar area where they can have a couple of pints and a chat with pals.

The next step for the club 'growing' hospitality will be converting other areas of the stadium into premium areas - perhaps the sections in the SJR that are already handed to UEFA corporate clients.
I don't disagree with your first sentence. However, if the Club are going to invest in new Hospitality areas they are going to charge as much as they can and still sell out the seats. That stands to reason.

What might have some mileage in it would be to revisit the old 'Premier Club' idea where you could do pre- and post-match in the upstairs club in Edmiston House. Used to love that, and regularly got in there as soon as it opened on match day. That would fit in with what you suggest, to a degree at least. Once the new EH is open obviously.

I was an original Bar 72 member and it has lasted well. What is Club 72? Is it the same area rebranded or is it the end boxes in Argyle House?

I don't disagree with your first sentence. However, if the Club are going to invest in new Hospitality areas they are going to charge as much as they can and still sell out the seats. That stands to reason.

What might have some mileage in it would be to revisit the old 'Premier Club' idea where you could do pre- and post-match in the upstairs club in Edmiston House. Used to love that, and regularly got in there as soon as it opened on match day. That would fit in with what you suggest, to a degree at least. Once the new EH is open obviously.

The club can achieve both, hopefully with the creation of EH they can utilise the space more. I think there had been talk of the club shop area / Ibrox suite becoming a 'sports bar' but unsure if that was just rumours!

With the Euro qualifiers, group & last 32/16 it can work out an average of just under £40 a ticket. But there’s no guarantees of European football at the start of any given season. Admittedly since Gerrard has come in the European runs have made the ticket worthwhile but it’s never guaranteed.
Wasn’t that great a deal when we got papped out by Progress!

Back