Match Thread Scotland v Netherlands

After a decent result tonight (yes it was a friendly), what chance do you think they have of getting out of the group (yes England will demolish them) but against the Croats and the Czechs at Hamdump?

Decent result and performance by Scotland.

Will be a few disappointed on here tonight judging by the first few pages of this thread... Oh well.

I missed the game and the thread.

I hope there were plenty of obvious puns regarding the Dutch and Dykes.

(And I mean the heroic boy, Hans Brinker).

After a decent result tonight (yes it was a friendly), what chance do you think they have of getting out of the group (yes England will demolish them) but against the Croats and the Czechs at Hamdump?
I’ve been quite vocal on this, I think Scotland take 4 points from those games and get out the group.

Moves to the right but it was still hit with some amount of power
It was well struck. But it was well struck nowhere near the corner, at an ideal height for the keeper to basically where Gordon shouldve been standing. It was amateur level goalkeeping.

Reactions: Moz
Not the worse friendly and a decent result. If only we had a manager who would take a few risks we could actually qualify.

I notice in the roundup Crocker couldn’t say a bad word against The Goonies reject when he completely lost his man for Depay’s first goal

Would everyone on here moaning about how many Tims, ex Tims, and might be Tims in the future in the Scotland squad mind telling me which of our squad could be playing tonight?
Any? Jack injured, Patterson out due to isolation. McLaughlin on the bench.
Any others?
Not only that but when we have a player selected, the same folk scream for them to be removed
Pisses me right off.

Hendry shouldn’t have had his arms up like that but incredibly harsh to call that a foul. Very soft free kick. Still, quite promising stuff.

We have a chance in my opinion but with the way we are required to play in most games the defensive side of things is going to let us down. If we get into a lead we need to be able to add to it or keep a clean sheet and neither is a guarantee.

This draw is giving people false hope. Scotland are getting papped oot the Euros at the first hurdle. It'll be a fitting end to Clarke's tenure before he becomes Celtic's manager B-D

Decent result.

There's no reason we can't reach the last 16.

And I don't necessarily see why we're just looking at Croatia and the Czechs and saying "Well England will pump Scotland". Will they?

England don't pump any middle of the road teams. England aren't going to batter anyone 5-0 this summer.

I thought the main positive was Armstrong tbh.

Don't think SC will pick him to start right enough as he doesn't really seem to fancy him.
To be fair Armstrong hasn’t performed in the games he has picked him for before tonight.

Decent result.

And I don't necessarily see why we're just looking at Croatia and the Czechs and saying "Well England will pump Scotland". Will they?

England don't pump any middle of the road teams. England aren't going to batter anyone 5-0 this summer.
What are you English colleagues giving it? :))

2-2 v Netherlands neutral venue, good effort.
I watched England 1 Austria 0 and Austria missed several good chances so perhaps a bit of hope here.

Played well tonight and when you consider we were missing 4 definite starters (mctominay, Adams, mcginn and o'donnel/Patterson) its a positive result. Really hope he doesn't go with dykes and Adams up top, would much rather dykes and another.

An entertaining game with four good goals.
Some encouraging signs for Scotland but when they brought on McKenna and the other donkey Gallacher they had no way of getting out

The whole Corona virus situation tail end of season and currently is acting against Patterson, however it's clear to see the position is his if he can somehow get a few starts. The other options are utter dross.

What are you English colleagues giving it? :))

They're pretty nervous about facing Scotland, in truth. Just from the point of view that they feel they've got nothing to gain and everything to lose. Man utd fan is convinced McTominay will score the winner.

Decent result.

Careful, this won't go down well with the uber staunch brigade.

They're pretty nervous about facing Scotland, in truth. Just from the point of view that they feel they've got nothing to gain and everything to lose. Man utd fan is convinced McTominay will score the winner.
Aye, I know a few English folk and they are worried because it’s the first time in a while we’ve had so EPL players.

I think it’ll be closer than folk think, McTominay et al will be choking to get one over their team mates.

Decent result.

Scotland are well organised defensively and have players who can scored goals.

They are rightly favourites to finish 4th in their group, but they will give everyone a game. Certainly none of the teams will ‘pump’ them.

Decent result.

England game will be very nervy for both sets of supporters.

I think it’ll be decided by just the one goal in all honesty, that England team isn’t thrashing anyone.

A draw with Holland is a decent result. Even though it's a friendly.

Dutch take friendlies seriously, they manipulate the UEFA points awarded to boost their ranking for tournaments and are one of the past masters at this. They expected to beat us easily, as did I. However, Scotland manage to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory yet again.

Back