Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with this “cash rich” garbage. One of the clowns came out with that same pish to me in work the other day, oh as well as they’re a better team. I just laughed at the daft bassa.

There’s something seriously wrong with these people, delusional doesn’t come close. It’s more than that, it’s complete thickness.

It's €15 million for qualifying to the groups.

Due to our coefficient we'd get around €5 million for our 10 year coefficient.

Then we'd get the sole market share for Scotland

I think it works out €25-30 million. Maybe more

You then get €2.7 million for a win and €900k for a draw. A couple of wins and you are signing a £5 million player. Insane amounts of money.

Then you've got the gate, though I doubt the SNP will allow anymore than 10k in stadiums. If they let us back in a full Ibrox at £40 a pop works out at roughly £2 million a game.

Basically if we make it, our finances are completely sorted (unless upgrading on a player we wouldn't really need to sell anyone) and we'd have quite a few million in the bank.
All the more amazing that they find themselves in the position they are. For 10 years they had a free run at it and, barring a few years in the groups, they’ve fallen flat on their faces.

Best part is all their fans cursing their board for it now, forgetting that at the time they were too busy celebrating winning the league over Motherwell, Aberdeen and the worst Rangers SPL teams ever to spend much time worrying about Europe.

It was a house of cards.

Needed CL money to maintain that level and failed last 2 years.

They took out a 13m bank over draft last summer
Pretty sure liewell said a few years back that the tramps need to qualify for the CL every 2 out of 3 years to keep them afloat basically.

They're where we were when we had to qualify for europe just to break even, only difference is they've fortunately had sellable assets sold at inflated price to make up the shortfall.

No one will be going for £25m this year.

i see they are now arguing over the amount u get for qualifying for the CL, one mentioned 30 mil only to be shot down to say u r lucky if its between 12-15mil ????

i like this, almost admitting they have next to no chance of making it this year or next ;-)

but when they were in it the amount was zillions ?????

they do love their comfort blankey when they r in the sh1t - lets talk about the Gers and money thats makes everything much better, there there.................
Its not like their transfers where the media will say for them (because no one else knows) “we bought Barkas for 6mil, Taylor for 3mil”, they play a bit shit “Barkas was only 4, Taylor was 2”.

The prize money is actually published by UEFA for each round, win etc. Ticket sales can be reasonably well estimated. The same for tv money using precious years, or calculated later when it’s published.

So they can’t lie oh it’s 40mil when they are in it and oh your’re lucky if it’s 10 when Rangers are in it.

The figures are largely made available to the public.

Last edited:
i see they are now arguing over the amount u get for qualifying for the CL, one mentioned 30 mil only to be shot down to say u r lucky if its between 12-15mil ????

i like this, almost admitting they have next to no chance of making it this year or next ;-)

but when they were in it the amount was zillions ?????

they do love their comfort blankey when they r in the sh1t - lets talk about the Gers and money thats makes everything much better, there there.................
It's quite simple really. All you need to do is read the daily record.

If Celtic qualify: "hoops land £35m windfall"

If Celtic don't qualify: "hoops miss out on £15m windfall".

It was a house of cards.

Needed CL money to maintain that level and failed last 2 years.

They took out a 13m bank over draft last summer
Their last accounts they broke even due to the sale of Tierney for unheard of £25m upfront cash. They owe close to £30m to other clubs in player transfers
They deferred taxes so that needs to be paid
They have the Co-Op loan
They have next to nothing matchday income to show in the next accounts
They don't have a lot coming in from their European exploits
They refunded something like £3m to their leeches for season tickets

and, thanks to them, the SPFL prize money is loaded in favour of the Champions so they won't be getting much there either.

If their next accounts look healthy I'd be getting the fraud squad in to investigate.

Not important, but re finances. I've forgotten about Pandemic Insurance over the past year.... can anyone remind me of where Rangers stand re any cover we may have had in place? Also if the mendicants had held any at the time of outbreak?

My mind's gone blank.

It's €15 million for qualifying to the groups.

Due to our coefficient we'd get around €5 million for our 10 year coefficient.

Then we'd get the sole market share for Scotland

I think it works out €25-30 million. Maybe more

You then get €2.7 million for a win and €900k for a draw. A couple of wins and you are signing a £5 million player. Insane amounts of money.

Then you've got the gate, though I doubt the SNP will allow anymore than 10k in stadiums. If they let us back in a full Ibrox at £40 a pop works out at roughly £2 million a game.

Basically if we make it, our finances are completely sorted (unless upgrading on a player we wouldn't really need to sell anyone) and we'd have quite a few million in the bank.

You also get 10 million.for every knockout round. So if you get out of the groups you are looking at about 53 million Minimum.

Not important, but re finances. I've forgotten about Pandemic Insurance over the past year.... can anyone remind me of where Rangers stand re any cover we may have had in place? Also if the mendicants had held any at the time of outbreak?

My mind's gone blank.
Nobody knows if we had insurance cover over the least year/season mate.

We know we had it for the season before, which was curtailed. We know we've had a pay-out on that Policy and we know we were seeking more. All that came out in the Annual Report/AGM I'm sure.

What we do not know is whether that Policy carried over into this season (did it run from July-June for example). Or whether it had a pay-out cap. Or whether it covered 'missing' fans.

I've not seen any mention of the Dhims having any insurance but may simply have missed it.

We know we had it for the season before, which was curtailed. We know we've had a pay-out on that Policy and we know we were seeking more. All that came out in the Annual Report/AGM I'm sure.

What we do not know is whether that Policy carried over into this season (did it run from July-June for example). Or whether it had a pay-out cap. Or whether it covered 'missing' fans.

I've not seen any mention of the Dhims having any insurance but may simply have missed it.
The general rule with those type of policies is it carries on until the special circumstance has passed, so we should be fine. We have had some money from it, but will be due more when the total is topped up, or we reach the cap, if there is one?
They didn’t have the cover, or that would have been in their accounts.

From KDS:

"I've been a ST holder for 11 years with a seat next to The Blessed Martin and originally my brother. My brother's interest has regressed over the past few years so me and my dad have been keeping the 3rd seat going (and indeed paying it). The dream was that when my own son was older we could all go together. It kills me to say it but I'll not be renewing his or mine so keeping this seat going has all been in vein. On the plus side it'll save me and my dad 1k each but not a decision any one of us wanted to make but enough is enough."

How the %^*& are they the only platinum rated club? Our academy is far better than their shit tip.
Because it won't just be about the buildings

Its like when that fcuktard shugh i know nothing about football at all (and especially not paedo rings at Celtic) Keevins was mumping on about Murray Park being built to produce youths. No. Not really. All players at the club need training facilities. From youth to senior. The training facility was built to, wait for it, train players. An academy's system and structures are put in place to develop youth players signed to the club. But the training centre is not the academy and vice versa.

The general rule with those type of policies is it carries on until the special circumstance has passed, so we should be fine. We have had some money from it, but will be due more when the total is topped up, or we reach the cap, if there is one?
They didn’t have the cover, or that would have been in their accounts.
You seem to be well versed in these things. Not doubting you at all. Just wondering where your experience comes from? As you seem to be quite firm in what you know whereas most of us are clueless.

From KDS:

"I've been a ST holder for 11 years with a seat next to The Blessed Martin and originally my brother. My brother's interest has regressed over the past few years so me and my dad have been keeping the 3rd seat going (and indeed paying it). The dream was that when my own son was older we could all go together. It kills me to say it but I'll not be renewing his or mine so keeping this seat going has all been in vein. On the plus side it'll save me and my dad 1k each but not a decision any one of us wanted to make but enough is enough."

must be a bear at the windup
we're the ones injecting their pain into veins

Thanks for that VB buddy. I'll do some digging when things calm down.

Such a wonderful distraction whilst having no football. I've started watching their podcast's even. A guilty pleasure.

From KDS:

Your grand kids will be Rangers fans.

You seem to be well versed in these things. Not doubting you at all. Just wondering where your experience comes from? As you seem to be quite firm in what you know whereas most of us are clueless.
My best mate is involved in insurance underwriting. One of his main things is to tailor business insurance to cover all sorts of things. Like big events being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, some have cover for pandemics, or being washed out by the weather, others just have the basic liability clauses for anything going wrong at the event. He assesses the risk factor and costings. That extra cover is not cheap, but if anything should happen during that policy then it continues until it has returned to normal. I don’t know the jargon but that’s the gist of what I know about it.
Add to that Rangers themselves said that they had received money from the insurer, and will be assessed for the full amount at a later date.

From KDS:

"Faithful through and through" indeed.

My best mate is involved in insurance underwriting. One of his main things is to tailor business insurance to cover all sorts of things. Like big events being cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, some have cover for pandemics, or being washed out by the weather, others just have the basic liability clauses for anything going wrong at the event. He assesses the risk factor and costings. That extra cover is not cheap, but if anything should happen during that policy then it continues until it has returned to normal. I don’t know the jargon but that’s the gist of what I know about it.
Add to that Rangers themselves said that they had received money from the insurer, and will be assessed for the full amount at a later date.
Thanks. Appreciate the insight as, as I said, it is an area I know absolutely nothing about.

Hopefully your understanding bears out for the type of cover the club have then.

Kevin is the only one who isn’t a complete rip roaring idiot then and understands now is not the time to be worrying about how much we get for selling Alfie or what Sakala’s wages are and instead worry why their club has little more than a name; no manager, DoF or playing squad but but but but but Sevco, administration #1872 etc etc

My only fear in this is that Desmond has seen enough acts of the circus, writes a big cheque and gets a proper, qualified manager, in to end the embarrassment.
Won't happen mate. It would have already happened if they were genuine in their pursuit of someone decent. They are struggling big time. Clarke or Kennedy might be the pick of the bunch. They are struggling beyond belief and this is a perfect storm. If they were miraculously to find a big name and spend big on players why leave it so long and allow so little time to prepare for qualifiers? They are unable to progress and it's approaching desperation.

Won't happen mate. It would have already happened if they were genuine in their pursuit of someone decent. They are struggling big time. Clarke or Kennedy might be the pick of the bunch. They are struggling beyond belief and this is a perfect storm. If they were miraculously to find a big name and spend big on players why leave it so long and allow so little time to prepare for qualifiers? They are unable to progress and it's approaching desperation.
I think you’re not far off the Mark. I think they’re screwed. The fans still think everything is fine financially.
Losing “the ten” has shattered them emotionally and financially. They would have had plans to take in millions on the back of merchandise and Europe and adidas. It’s fucked them.
inless they get a cash injection they are in serious financial disarray. It’s brilliant to watch. We could genuinely be in a period where we can dominate for a few years.
mom pretty sure our board will keep our eye on the ball and not do what they did.
Let’s go, again!

30 million
1f604.svg

There are costs involved with a possible CL qualification.
If I won 4 tickets for the Grand National, I would still have to get myself down there and pay for a hotel. Probably even buy myself a new shirt.
1f60a.svg

It would be good to be there but it wouldn't come without some extra outlay..... depending on results, it could MAYBE see me with a healthier profit.
I would say that we made 12-15m max the last time we were in the groups.
Not to be sniffed at, but still not 30m
15 million is probably more than they make in season tickets.

From KDS

They must be toiling to sell season tickets, advert I heard on the radio there was aimed at the mongs in their support, 'our club was formed in defiance, our club was formed to fight back and other such shite.
Normal people aren’t falling for this woke bullshit they’re coming away with. It was formed to make money!! THATS IT!
Thete club has always been parasitic and magpies. Horrible fucks

I think you’re not far off the Mark. I think they’re screwed. The fans still think everything is fine financially.
Losing “the ten” has shattered them emotionally and financially. They would have had plans to take in millions on the back of merchandise and Europe and adidas. It’s fucked them.
inless they get a cash injection they are in serious financial disarray. It’s brilliant to watch. We could genuinely be in a period where we can dominate for a few years.
mom pretty sure our board will keep our eye on the ball and not do what they did.
Let’s go, again!
Does your mom have a good track record in predicting future events in Scottish football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back