Congratulations to Nathan Patterson

Did he or Jon McLaughlin even see any minutes,in fact I’m sure out of the 26 players picked our two where the only ones that didn’t get any game time,but good on the lad being picked still a worthy experience for him in the long run.

The wee mans been superb since he came on.

Scotland should be building around Patterson and Gilmour if they truly want to compete in 4/5/6 years time. Im not a fan of the national team, but the Gers academy could bear a great deal of fruit for Rangers and Scotland in the near future. A few very promising talents through already or on their way.

Blue tinted specs obviously on here, but anybody who doesn't see the difference Patterson makes to the team versus O'Donnell is either clueless or biased.

I'd be okay with O'Donnell if he was actually a good defender, but he's nothing special. The extra pressure you put on an opponents left side, by having a lively right back is immeasurable. With O'Donnell just sitting back, their left side dictates. With Patterson going forward, we dictate.

Congratulations Nathan, you deserve to be the starting Scotland right-back.

Blue tinted specs obviously on here, but anybody who doesn't see the difference Patterson makes to the team versus O'Donnell is either clueless or biased.

I'd be okay with O'Donnell if he was actually a good defender, but he's nothing special. The extra pressure you put on an opponents left side, by having a lively right back is immeasurable. With O'Donnell just sitting back, their left side dictates. With Patterson going forward, we dictate.

Congratulations Nathan, you deserve to be the starting Scotland right-back.
The team is far more dynamic with Patterson on. They are also more likely to concede on the break because they are higher up the pitch.
It's about how willing you are to gamble and trust your players.
Clarke is likely to be far more rigid, so Patterson won't play.
Sooner or later Scotland will have no choice but to go and attack teams, and they have the ability in the squad to hurt teams at any level.

The team is far more dynamic with Patterson on. They are also more likely to concede on the break because they are higher up the pitch.
It's about how willing you are to gamble and trust your players.
Clarke is likely to be far more rigid, so Patterson won't play.
Sooner or later Scotland will have no choice but to go and attack teams, and they have the ability in the squad to hurt teams at any level.
The most likely 3 pointer is the Czech game. A draw in that game and they won't progress. What do they have to lose? You won't take anything from England and if Croatia needs anything from the 3rd game, that's unlikely.

Best case scenario to advance is beating Czechs. Don't beat them and it's over. Expect a "cagey" 0-0.

That's the obvious game to attack and Clarke probably won't do it.

Done more in his 30 mins than I have seen that O’Donnell do in about 10 appearances

Provan mentioned Scotlands RB options earlier as either O'Donnell or Forrest, thats what you're up against.
Provan was purposely deriding young Patterson when he came and only mentioned him through gritted teeth. Crocker was picked up on it and made a few wee comments reminding Provo

I'll take the swash buckling swagger of Patterson over the mental bandwidth crashes of O'Donnell any day.

He's got the lot.

Almost spat my beer out when Provo said about no neck playing RWB.

Thought Patterson did well, some good mazy runs with a few decent balls in the box. On another day someone would’ve been on the end of one of them.

Almost spat my beer out when Provo said about no neck playing RWB.

Thought Patterson did well, some good mazy runs with a few decent balls in the box. On another day someone would’ve been on the end of one of them.

It is ridiculous that Celtc have as many players as they do in the Scotland squad. If we finished 25 points behind them, I doubt any Scots Rangers players would be selected.

It is ridiculous that Celtc have as many players as they do in the Scotland squad. If we finished 25 points behind them, I doubt any Scots Rangers players would be selected.
Those players have been part of the Scotland squad for a while. The squad isn't going to be completely overhauled just before a competition. Over time, with more Scottish players playing for us, we will see the core of the Scotland squad move away from the Celtic players and towards a reasonable mix of ours, theirs, and hopefully many who play in England.

I stand corrected then,I’ve made a rip roaring arse a this one,went back out to the garden during half time,I’d better check next time before I assume and go off on one
You know what assume does mate.
Makes an ASS out of U and ME lol

A blind man can see that Patterson is by far the better player than O’Donnell. The same O’Donnell who struggled to get a team last season even though he was on a free. Patterson shows no fear and is such a threat going forward he should be an absolute stick on but this is Clarke so he’ll probably not get a single minute.

Those players have been part of the Scotland squad for a while. The squad isn't going to be completely overhauled just before a competition. Over time, with more Scottish players playing for us, we will see the core of the Scotland squad move away from the Celtic players and towards a reasonable mix of ours, theirs, and hopefully many who play in England.

I'd like to see us providing a much bigger proportion of Scotland's players as well - & considering our youth development successes recently - & with peripheral players liable to be breaking through in the near future - I don't see why we shoudn't achieve this soon

Another attraction to me about doing this - is the challenge it would give to the tartan fanny army - it's about time they realized supporting Scotland is not a timmy dominated affair

By far the best right back Scotland have. It shouldn't even be a conversation on whether he should be starting or not. However, Clarke is a prick and a hate filled Rangers hating one at that. He'll be keen to ensure O'Donnell or whoever is getting a start before Patterson. In fact, I wouldn't even be surprised to see the likes of Tierney being moved in there before Patterson becomes a regular for Scotland.

Good that he got his run out and it was a decent enough performance from him. I know they're not the best of teams but he still looked assured and confident. Gave good options going forward and did fine when he needed to defend as well.

Not cared about a Scotland campaign since Italy put us out the group that we had/beat France in.

That being said I'll watch them during the euros and hope they do that, afterwards I'll no doubt go back to not caring very much

I stand corrected then,I’ve made a rip roaring arse a this one,went back out to the garden during half time,I’d better check next time before I assume and go off on one
Mate, in good old FF style you just fancied a rage, even though you had no grounds.

You are no different from everyone else on here.

Delighted for Nathan..... has come on from being `a prospect` in the academy in 19/20 season; to achieve first team and international recognition is superb... the accolades are well deserved..

Delighted for Nathan..... has come on from being `a prospect` in the academy in 19/20 season; to achieve first team and international recognition is superb... the accolades are well deserved..
I think he already knows he's the best man for the right back position, but also knows he'll have to wait to get his chance as o'donnell is one of Clarkes favs

This kid has the potential to go on to be a World Class full back. Getting him international caps at this age can only be a good thing. I hope he stays around and wins many more medals but we are going to have a very very pricey asset on our hands in a few years with this kid.

Did well when he was on you have to worry about injuries to our players when you see some of the challenges the straight elbow on Gilmour was a red all day.

Back