Congratulations to Nathan Patterson

He is by far best Scotland have at RB we have a real talent in our ranks here

He's brilliant, always positive and very direct when he sees an opportunity - he will push Tav all the way next season.

It was only against Luxembourg, but he looked superb when he came on. He offers everything that the clogger O’Donnell doesn’t. There is no comparison and he has got to be a first pick at right back for Scotland as has Billy Gilmour in the middle.

An absolute superstar, He should get a game and will do his reputation no end of good. Great player.

Agree with other posters let’s get the Rangers boys and minded into that team and shake this Timmy sentiment right out of our national team .

Patterson and Gilmour would be a good start but more to come I hope .

He needs a start after that. That SOD prick is fuckin nothing compared to the wee man.

The last high quality RB Scotland had was Alan Hutton and Patterson is closer to his quality than O'Donnell, and by far.

His age should be an irrelevance, if Clarke was picking his truly best XI then Patterson should start, if not then its negligence and favouritism.

Most Scotland fans in Facebook want Patterson to start. A few saying sod may be better defensively but most prefer Patterson

Was listening to some commentary on YouTube, by an English person, who supports Scotland.Apparently.

Anyway he pretty much thought O’Donnell was a mare, and described him as the ‘weakest link’ in the squad.

Seemed pretty positive on young Nathan.
Especially in attack.More than defence.

Gushed over Billy G.
Said he is the brightest star we have had for years!

Hard to argue with any of that really.

The last high quality RB Scotland had was Alan Hutton and Patterson is closer to his quality than O'Donnell, and by far.

His age should be an irrelevance, if Clarke was picking his truly best XI then Patterson should start, if not then its negligence and favouritism.
Maybe from a different vintage, but for me the last best high quality RB Scotland had… was Sandy.World class in the 70’s.

On the 85th minute I saw Clarke gesturing to a player to stay back, suspect he was meaning Paterson. Clarke doesn’t have the managerial expertise required but Paterson will be a Scottish legend.

Patterson should be first choice. There are a few things he could get better on. He has a tendency to always cut inside. He would be better hitting the bye line on
occasion. He’s not quite as quick as people (including me) have claimed. The speed will definitely come in the next few years with a frame like that, though. I remember seeing Tierney struggle for pace at that age and now he’s lightening quick.

Well done Nathan, very good debut. Scotland offered absolutely nothing down the right until he came on with virtually everything come via Andy Robertson. First minute he was on that changed and it was great to see him bombing on and taking players on. Along with Gilmour they proved they should 100% start, but reckon we all know that is unlikely.

Provan mentioned Scotlands RB options earlier as either O'Donnell or Forrest, thats what you're up against.
He is a bitter old fud rite enuf so should just be ignored. He doesn't want what is best for Scotland.

More interested in what is bad for Rangers.

If he starts the first match (unlikely but he certainly should) he will make quite a name for himself this tournament. At his age the big bids we expect this summer might just be for Nathan.

That fud Commons in his column today talks about RB/RWB position being between O'Donnell, Frazer and Forrest! Of course Forrest should get the nod.

These people are mental beyond belief.

Provan mentioned Scotlands RB options earlier as either O'Donnell or Forrest, thats what you're up against.
Even crocker was taken aback by the comment and quickly said " or patterson" then jump the dyke said " oh of course....forgive me " provans time with sky should be long gone by now ..a sellik loving dinosaur. Just watch o'donnell being all over tv this week with the press conferences, nothing surer.

Where you stand on the national team is a moot point - the more Rangers players that are deemed good enough to play for Scotland, the stronger our own squad.

Been too long not having regular Rangers players in the Scotland team.
I go back to the 82 World Cup and not one rangers player played for Scotland.i think Jim Bett made the squad but I am not 100% sure on that.if we wanted to see a rangers player in that tournament we had to watch Northern Ireland and John McClelland

Not only was Patterson’s performance against Luxembourg top notch but he seems to be filling out and gaining upper body strength. It’s onward and upward for the lad.

It is ridiculous that Celtc have as many players as they do in the Scotland squad. If we finished 25 points behind them, I doubt any Scots Rangers players would be selected.
Jack would have been a cert. Unfortunately we don't have too many Scottish players in our first team squad whereas they have a few.

Very strange decision to not give him more game time considering he needs that more than most in that squad - and surely you want the squad ready. I think he wasn’t given a start because it would be pretty obvious (even more so) that he’s better than any other options at RB and Clarke probably didn’t want that highlighted and pressured to pick him.

Do you think if he has a good tournament we might get offers for him? I hope he stays and gives us at least 5 years but with the silly money down south you never know.

Back