General Meeting: Club 1872

It’s really sad to see constant cycles of prominent fans with agendas trying to undermine other prominent fans with agendas at the expense of Club 1872 as a positive vehicle for us collectively investing in and protecting the club.

A general meeting might be a good way to hear both sides of the story here.

The more people involved in Club 1872, the more we can make it what it should be regardless of who is on the board. As a fan base, we really need to see past all this crap and get behind it as a program.

How many folk do you know, who are members of club 1872 who have a problem with the details of the Castore deal?
I know of 2 from 100's. They are 2 of the 3 left on the board of 1872 as far as I'm aware.

That's the tip of the iceberg. What input do any of us have?
Who was consulted on King's shares being bought?
One person, one vote?

I'm not talking about how they spend loose change, but I'd suggest anything over 100k should be put to a vote. It could be £500,000.

But....
I've just mentioned 2 subjects I'm aware of that could cost the organisation well over £1,000,000 each and up to 5 times that, yet not a single member was consulted.

Given the fact that anyone upset with that was forced to resign and state their position after legal advice, it isn't pretty and change is needed.
Does it come as a surprise that an organisation that exists to raise funds to build up a shareholding in Rangers makes deals to spend money buying shares in Rangers?

What would be the purpose of consulting with members on every share purchase? Are members confused about what they were signing up to - did they mistake it for a motorbike enthusiasts club for instance?

Is the real reason that you have an issue with who the shares are coming from, even though there is nowhere else offering that amount of shares on the market, and certainly not at that price?

And if the issue is that it diverts money away from the club, you have Dave King on record explaining that it won't because his agreement with Club 1872 is being pushed back due to the new share issue.

Not a member but it does seem as if something not right so fair play and goodluck to anyone who tries to ensure c1872 fulfills what it was born to do to represent us all

It’s really sad to see constant cycles of prominent fans with agendas trying to undermine other prominent fans with agendas at the expense of Club 1872 as a positive vehicle for us collectively investing in and protecting the club.

The more people involved in Club 1872, the more we can make it what it should be regardless of who is on the board. As a fan base, we really need to see past all this crap and get behind it as a program.
No, we don't. Club1872 is finished.

Sad to hear this. I have become disillusioned with club 1872 recently and got close to cancelling my direct debit earlier this week. I always thought Chris Grahm represented the fans well and was very professional on any interviews. Certainly put Spiers in his place.

Whoever puts their head above the parpet next will face the same treatmwnt.
I always thought Chris was well thought of, now he is being called out by other fans.

It is beyond sad that we cannot work together as one united front.

Too many egos out there to the point it's actually nauseating.

I always thought Chris was well thought of, now he is being called out by other fans.

It is beyond sad that we cannot work together as one united front.

Too many egos out there to the point it's actually nauseating.

Say it regularly but look how many bloggers/podcasters we have in our fanbase, all rehashing the same stuff purely because they want to be known fans

Similar thing with all the groups. Frankly it’s embarrassing

The only agenda I have is to see Club 1872 adheres to the Principle of one man one vote, with transparency, and stop all the pie in the sky nonsense

Who is the third party paying Chris Graham?

Seconded. Give us the info. If he's helping out and someone else is footing the bill, then surely that's good? They should definitely be disclosing that though why keep it under wraps? Surely they're not still concerned about his tweets.

Also to OP, all the best. I think you need to firm up a replacement board for these 6 months though otherwise you're toiling I think.

Individual shares for me in the meantime though.

Side note, King coming off a good guy in that piece basically saying we can get his shares when we get them no rush.

It would be easier to support a revolution if there was some idea of what hte replacement governance structure would look like and what checks and balances it would have to stop us being in exactly the same place in another few years time.

If these individuals are doing something wrong then someone proposing what to do better needs to say how it will be achieved.

Does it come as a surprise that an organisation that exists to raise funds to build up a shareholding in Rangers makes deals to spend money buying shares in Rangers?

What would be the purpose of consulting with members on every share purchase? Are members confused about what they were signing up to - did they mistake it for a motorbike enthusiasts club for instance?

Is the real reason that you have an issue with who the shares are coming from, even though there is nowhere else offering that amount of shares on the market, and certainly not at that price?

And if the issue is that it diverts money away from the club, you have Dave King on record explaining that it won't because his agreement with Club 1872 is being pushed back due to the new share issue.
The Club I believe would offer them the same amount of shares over the same period of time, with the money going to the Club directly

Seconded. Give us the info. If he's helping out and someone else is footing the bill, then surely that's good? They should definitely be disclosing that though why keep it under wraps? Surely they're not still concerned about his tweets.

Also to OP, all the best. I think you need to firm up a replacement board for these 6 months though otherwise you're toiling I think.

Side note, King coming off a good guy in that piece basically saying we can get his shares when we get them no rush.

Think circa £70k a year from the club for doing the square root of %^*& all.
Think this being stopped immediately after King left.

I will when I have the necessary votes, this not about a new board, this is about the current board not fit for purpose

Who is the third party paying Chris Graham?

If you really believe that, you should explain what we'll do if a spiv appears in future and starts buying shares to take the club over. What's your big plan for stopping the club falling into the wrong hands? I'm all ears.
I believe it because it's true. It may not fit your narrative but that doesn't make it any less true. If "a spiv" appears in future, he will need a hell of a lot of cash to take the club into the wrong hands. In the meantime, Club1872's attempts to blackmail Rangers fans into handing their cash to the ex-chairman will continue to gain no traction because the club aren't interested and neither is the support. I'm afraid I don't have a big plan. I just know a dead duck when I see it.

Chris Graham is a **** and I wouldn't touch Club 1872 with a barge pole

Best of luck with this though I hope you can instigate change

We’ve wanted for years to have board representation, it lasted a week and the guy got bladed.
There’s never been another rep.

Think £70k a year from the club for doing the square root of %^*& all.
Think this being stopped immediately after King left.
It was £60k a year for 5 years. It stopped a few months after King left.

Coincidentally, I remember the OP on this thread telling us all the only reason more Rangers fans don't back C1872 is because they resent a certain "shadowy figure" having a good job. I trust that's not the OP's motivation for bringing this action now?

Chris Graham has done a lot more damage than simply being someone "in the shadows".

He's attempted to undermine James Bisgrove's remarkable commercial resurgence on at least three occasions, one was about him feeling the perks MyGers members got, such as voting and engaging on crest re-design etc, should be going to Club1872('s board).

Their stance was Club1872 is "the fans", not MyGers.

The other two instances I can't reference for legal reasons as I'm close to someone that was involved in both processes.

The "third party" that pays Chris Graham's salary is Dave King. I'm not posting that because I want to, it;s simply the reality.

I love Dave King and if there is ever a Mount Rushmore of Rangers, he's the first name on the list for me, but I've stated fact.

The way Club1872 is run is disgusting and to go from people like Christine to this, within a decade, is embarrassing for us as a support.

Robert, I often disagree with things you post - but you're bang on the money here, change is needed.

Good luck.

I really do want C1872 to be a huge success. Not a current member but wish you or anyone all the success in the world to ensure fan representation remains a significant % of the shareholders

Chris Graham has done a lot more damage than simply being someone "in the shadows".

He's attempted to undermine James Bisgrove's remarkable commercial resurgence on at least three occasions, one was about him feeling the perks MyGers members got, such as voting and engaging on crest re-design etc, and received should be going to Club1872('s board).

The other two instances I can't reference for legal reasons as I'm close to someone that was involved in both processes.

The "third party" that pays Chris Graham's salary is Dave King. I'm not posting that because I want to, it;s simpky the reality.

I love Dave King and if there is ever a Mount Rushmore of Rangers, he's the first name on the list for me, but I've stated fact.

The way Club1872 is run is disgusting and to go from people like Christine to this, within a decade, is embarrassing for us as a support.

Robert, I often disagree with things you post - but you're bang on the money here, change is needed.

Good luck.

Good post.
And accurate.

The Club I believe would offer them the same amount of shares over the same period of time, with the money going to the Club directly
Sounds great, and if that pans out I'm sure Club 1872 will look to participate.
I will when I have the necessary votes, this not about a new board, this is about the current board not fit for purpose
Reads to me like pals of yours didn't get their own way so you want to turn the chessboard over. Getting rid of people with no plan for what to do afterwards besides some vague soundbites about transparency doesn't constitute a plan.
We're talking about a relatively large shareholder - it needs some degree of continuity and not have its integrity continually questioned by people trying to drive a wedge in the fanbase for their own amusement.

Reads to me like pals of yours didn't get their own way so you want to turn the chessboard over. Getting rid of people with no plan for what to do afterwards besides some vague soundbites about transparency doesn't constitute a plan.
We're talking about a relatively large shareholder - it needs some degree of continuity and not have its integrity continually questioned by people trying to drive a wedge in the fanbase for their own amusement.
Your post would have significantly more credence if the current operation of Club1872 wasn't a closed shop of 3 directors in static roles with only open opportunity for an additional 2 - that could be outvoted at every turn, and historically have been.

I'm not a member of C1872 therefore my own views are not relevant in terms of the change. Thats for those that paid in etc.

However having been to meetings over the years of hell as an RSC along with helping out during those tougher years for the club. The one thing that stands consistent.

Are there any positive organisation to look after the clubs best interests for the fans? Why does it always end in effectively hidden agendas and really it seems what it always comes back to is getting the best blue pound out of the support.

It does appear a big circle of question marks over folk and being trustworthy to represent the support (keeping that connection between the support and the club).

You can understand why people just want to take a step back and not get involved (I include myself in that).
I always noticed once fan reps get within touching distance of getting a club blazer the tone towards our match day subjects changes dramatically. Will tell you on WhatsApp when you are finished hounding me on the bonus point for euros 20 lol

As for positive groups bud....I have yet to see one

Without this turning into a farce can I ask that the reasons are explained?
I have contributed for years and and I am signed up for the new legacy scheme.
I supported Mark in his bid to apply.
But can we all just be mature enough here to talk openly to why we have issues and why you want change?
My main aim is for supporters to have 25%+1 to stop guys like Mike Ashley. That is my sole reason for my contribution so I don't really care too much about the politics.
This is clearly changing amongst some of the more influential folks like yourself and Mark. So reasons for guys like myself would be good

Cheers

He's attempted to undermine James Bisgrove's remarkable commercial resurgence on at least three occasions, one was about him feeling the perks MyGers members got, such as voting and engaging on crest re-design etc, should be going to Club1872('s board).

Their stance was Club1872 is "the fans", not MyGers.

The "third party" that pays Chris Graham's salary is Dave King. I'm not posting that because I want to, it;s simply the reality.

Good luck.
This is the type of information that needs put out there and of course CG should be entitled to a right of reply.

If there's to be change at C1872, everything has to be put on the table in front of members. This is what's been happening, this is why we feel that's wrong and here is what we want to do to remedy it.

Cryptic posts with nods, winks, references and insinuations just undermine the whole policy of transparency. Not everyone is 'in there' with what's going on or in WhatsApp groups with people who would know.

Tell us what's been going on, let the current C1872 have their say and then we can make an informed decision.

I don't have any pals that were proposed for Club 1872, Ony one I proposed was Stuart McQuarrie, a man of undeniably of the utmost Integrity
A friend for nearly 30 years, I am very careful who I Propose
And I have a Plan and will publish it once we get enough votes for a GM.
They will be people of Integrity and professional

I believe it because it's true. It may not fit your narrative but that doesn't make it any less true. If "a spiv" appears in future, he will need a hell of a lot of cash to take the club into the wrong hands. In the meantime, Club1872's attempts to blackmail Rangers fans into handing their cash to the ex-chairman will continue to gain no traction because the club aren't interested and neither is the support. I'm afraid I don't have a big plan. I just know a dead duck when I see it.
You saying it's true doesn't make it so, even if that doesn't fit your narrative (see we can all play this game).

You'd be surprised how easily it can happen. Look at the leveraged buyout of Burnley. Borrow some cash then use the club's own assets and revenue to repay it, delivering it into spiv hands for minimal outlay by them.

It's reckless to think it could never happen to us. Why would anyone want to take the risk after what we've been through?

Using words like blackmail just makes you sound daft. You must have a personal issue with King, but if it was Douglas Park looking to sell shares I'd expect Club 1872 to try to do a deal with him too.

Coincidentally, I remember the OP on this thread telling us all the only reason more Rangers fans don't back C1872 is because they resent a certain "shadowy figure" having a good job. I trust that's not the OP's motivation for bringing this action now?
It stopped when the rest of the Board found out.

I don't have any pals that were proposed for Club 1872, Ony one I proposed was Stuart McQuarrie, a man of undeniably of the utmost Integrity
Why not publish it now, since transparency is meant to be your thing?

You saying it's true doesn't make it so, even if that doesn't fit your narrative (see we can all play this game).

You'd be surprised how easily it can happen. Look at the leveraged buyout of Burnley. Borrow some cash then use the club's own assets and revenue to repay it, delivering it into spiv hands for minimal outlay by them.

It's reckless to think it could never happen to us. Why would anyone want to take the risk after what we've been through?

Using words like blackmail just makes you sound daft. You must have a personal issue with King, but if it was Douglas Park looking to sell shares I'd expect Club 1872 to try to do a deal with him too.
Because Burnley FC has been bought using alleged financial chicanery, Rangers fans must give their cash to C1872 so that the money can be passed on to Dave King to save us from "spivs"? Sorry but I'll pass, as will the thousands of Bears who will invest their money directly into the club.

The day the Club 1872 Board went ahead with the King share purchase scheme without consulting the members was the day that ultimately did for them (only a matter of time before their fate is sealed one way or another).
All of our major investors did so without threat of calling in any debts. They bought shares and committed capital to save our club. Why is there an issue that Dave King wants to sell his shares to a fans group that protects the club from future issues?
God forbid anything happens to our current major share holders who don't personally want to call in any debt, their families might. Gretna had Brooks Mileson, when he got ill and died his immediate family cancelled all ties with Gretna and they are no more. A fans shareholding is a good thing imo.

If you want mine and others backing we need to know what we are backing Robert.

Lay it all out with facts and evidence and we can back you, can't see why it's not possible and straight forward to do?

I have no recollection of ever saying anything like that as I believe everything should be open and transparent, did I say it, and have you taken it out of context?
I have a great job thanks, and if they asked me to be a Consultant, I would have done it for nothing

Have a read at the first five posts here

I cancelled my payment as recently as last week as one of the legacy members for the reasons stated in the linked post.

Because Burnley FC has been bought using alleged financial chicanery, Rangers fans must give their cash to C1872 so that the money can be passed on to Dave King to save us from "spivs"? Sorry but I'll pass, as will the thousands of Bears who will invest their money directly into the club.
You've got this arse backwards.
Burnley shows what can happen, so we need shares held by fans (one group, not thousands of individuals) to stop it happening here.
Where the group gets hold of shares is neither here nor there.
If the club is issuing shares then great, it can get involved with that. But the club likely won't be issuing shares forever.
If the group still has funds available and shares can be bought on the market, whether that's from Dave King, Douglas Park or Broxi Bear, it should buy them. The more the better.

Because people like you would hound them and that's not the way to treat anyone never mind people who help run multinational companies
People like me? The only hounding going on is from the likes of you going after the current directors. Maybe the people you have in mind should be careful they don't cross you at some point in the future.

People like me? The only hounding going on is from the likes of you going after the current directors. Maybe the people you have in mind should be careful they don't cross you at some point in the future.
Upsetting your pals am I, tell them to get used to it as I won't be going away
Pass my message on because they have not had the courtesy to reply to any of my emails

I think many of us regard it as a real surprise that they are buying them from someone who said they were his children’s inheritance at a time and a price when they had the option to purchase new shares which would have seen the same number of shares bought but the money spent going straight into the club as new funds.

I have never had a bad word with any of the Board of Club 1872, this is what is right for our fans If you don't think that's important, fair enough

Back