Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just based on his Wikipedia page some of his achievements seem fairly impressive, still holds the records for longest winning streak in A league, first manager to win the Asia cup with Australia (though thinking about it, is this something they only started entering recently?) and won the J league with a team that hadn't won it in a long time.

But the fact they've brought him in so late (going to miss the first training session as quarantining) and that he doesn't know the league (or really have the reputation that will attract top players) makes me think he's pretty much doomed to failure. Could be a funny season ahead.

All we need now is Noseybonk as heir apparent, Gav’s laptop and (please, please, please) John Sixpack Collins as dof to complete the dream team.

Just based on his Wikipedia page some of his achievements seem fairly impressive, still holds the records for longest winning streak in A league, first manager to win the Asia cup with Australia (though thinking about it, is this something they only started entering recently?) and won the J league with a team that hadn't won it in a long time.

But the fact they've brought him in so late (going to miss the first training session as quarantining) and that he doesn't know the league (or really have the reputation that will attract top players) makes me think he's pretty much doomed to failure. Could be a funny season ahead.
He might be half decent at his job for all we know. We’ll need to wait and see.

Joking apart, as you say, he could well be up against in trying to bring players in as he will no doubt want to offload first. He may well be a quick learner but Stevie will have the jump on him because of his three years experience of the league.

"won the J league with a team that hadn't won it in a long time" - Yes but didn't they finish 9th the following season?

This is great news. I am not buying that he is a better bet than Pedro Caixinha was: he is a terrible choice as manager, a poor record overall and the club will give him buttons to spend on players he knows nothing about. I also hope that he is having to accept the Bravest Man in Football as his number two (double entendre intended) as nothing that they are doing is making anything better. And let's not forget they are haemorrhaging money, have very few assets to sell and a disinterested absentee landlord with his own problems.

He will not know what hits him as soon as the Mhockits turn on him after a draw with St Mirren or similar.

A great year.

The love in for this guy on the BBC has begun. Predictable. Let’s see what those that laughed at Gerrards appointment have to say about this or what spin they will of been paid to put on this

When Athenian Ange announces that he has told the scum board that he sees the snib & laptop as pivotal members of his backroom staff for the rebuild, will the scum support swallow it?

My prediction is that he will exceed expectations for the first round of league fixtures (they can only improve and there are zero expectations anyway from their fans)- once teams suss how to play against them he’ll struggle the same as Warburton. Sacked in January, I reckon.
My prediction last week was, a few 3 or 4 goal wins in the first half dozen games will have everything appearing rosy…

Then after the first OF the meltdown will commence.

Delusion on KDS street: :))

"An unnecessary risk of an appointment, but he has plenty of valuable experience under his belt. I don’t see any reason why he won’t at least win the league and domestic cups as long as he gets the right players in"
Yet the legend Lennon couldn’t! If it were as easy as that!

So what are our evil thoughts, do we want instant failure or can we at least drag it out to a flying pre season. Swashbuckling style leading to 7 nil wins, millions spent, fans optimistic, STs bought in droves.
Then the first CL qualifier, kicked out of the aeroplane without a parachute, then the landing is Livi away as they play really well but lose 2 nil to 2 set pieces!

This is going to be fantastic isn't it

I’ll hang fire on celebrating until we’re in a strong position next season.
tenor.gif

10 days in isolation
Day 1. Deny deny deny deny
Day 2. Erase the name Rangers from your mind do not say Ran...
Day 3. There is no old firm do not say old firm
Day 4. Sevco sevco sevco
Day 5. Treble our players transfer values Ajer £25m Edouard £40 m
Day 6. We are always cheated never defeated practise this daily
Day 7. Masonic refs linesmen officials in general they’re all against us
Day 8. Our fans are the best in the world, hard to believe but keep repeating until you believe it
Day 9. David Turnbull is the new Messi £60 m at least
Day 10. Deny, deflect, lie, cheat blame Ran.. oh I nearly said that name there, welcome to cellic go do that voodoo that you do so well

Some of the headlines on BBC is mental, I’ve never seen so much turd polishing.

“One of the top 10 managers in the world”

“A guy of this pedigree”

“Attacking style forged at Roarcelona”

“Back to back J-League titles a decade ago”

Pep even told him “You play the kind of football I dream of playing”

Is this a wind up? Being honest how many had even heard of this guy before this month?

A manager so good and revolutionary has taken until his 56th year on earth to manage in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back