Euro 2020 Scotland Vs Czech Republic

That’s on Clarke.

Poor poor starting 11 with some bizarre choices.

Only need to finish 3rd to qualify and we’re probably out already, a shambles.

Armstrong was absolutely diabolical. Christie was a waste of time and so was Dykes.
3 at the back ffs im surprised he didn't take the 1-5-5-0 approach absolutely shambles at best.
One good thing will come from this will be Clarke getting the boot
No chance he will get the boot he is the new eh Jock Stein !

Caught the 2nd half. Czech Republic looked far more organised and pressed as a team. Scotland far too pedestrian at times, too many hopeful long balls up the park. Our crossing wasn’t the best either, far too one dimensional coming down the left. Can count in my hand how many times O’Donnell touched the ball in the 2nd half.

I see the turd polishing commencing from the usual outlets.
I was thinking earlier it reminded me of the OF 2 season ago when we played Flanagan at left back. It was a massive void on that side of the park because nobody looked to even try and play down that side. Same with O'Donnell, everyone knows he's not even gonna attempt to go past anyone so it's a waste of time, it completely shuts an avenue of attack

I have been extremely negative about this Scotland squad for a long time and we are very lucky to be in this tournament bar one game we fucking scraped by to get to this tournament.

Clarke is living on a decent record against shite teams. We have literally beat no one of note under his stewardship. Faroes, Cyprus, Kazakstan, Israel, Luxemburg, Czech Republic(Reserves) and Serbia. That's literally the list of teams we have beat. The games we have needed to win against teams that are just above us and we should be chasing down. Russia, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic and even Israel should be included here as we have struggled against them as well.

We had literally nothing to lose in this tournament so play with a bit of flair and bravery. Play Gilmour, Paterson, Turnbull, Adams from the start. Not O'Donnell who is not even good enough for Rangers Reserves. Forrest and Fraser who have barely played all season and who are not up to it. Don't Play Dykes as he is average at best and play Nisbett ahead of him. Christie has done nothing at Club level this season to justify his place in the Scotland team.

Today and many other occasions prove why Clark should never be the manager. He picked his pals, he picked a negative formation, he picked players out of form and players who are not match fit. Ahead of fearless young players who are in form, who have talent and who are meant to be the future of this team.

If England really click against us we could lose quite heavily because our centre backs are just horrendous and Marshall is a highly average goalkeeper. I still believe he should've done better with that first goal and why the %^*& he is about 35 yards off his line at the second I will never know.

O’Donnell looked every inch the Motherwell player he is.patterson is twice the player he is and he brings on nae neck and mcgregor instead of young Nathan and Billy Gilmour.today is on the manager he cannot set up a team to go and win a game

he was a player that didn't have a club and Motherwell took him on late as they were short
thats international class

I really struggle to grasp why Steve Clarke gets so little criticism. He scraped his way into this tournament with 2 penalty shootouts and other than that, there has been absolutely no improvement under him since taking over from Big Eck who got absolutely slaughtered.
Really?

What is the difference between Clarke and McLeish?

Pretty easy to see why the jakey gets a free ride while Eck was effectively forced out by the media.

Clarke utterly shat the bed with that starting 11.O'NoO'Donnell was total gash,Hendry was pish and don't get me started with Marshall.Where the %^*& was he at their 2nd goal?

Clarke needs to take the flak for that scoreline for his selection, his loyalty to certain players does us no good whatsoever.

How could the nation work it self into such a delusion that we've suddenly become a good team with lots of good players ? We've beaten nobody and got into via pens in the diddy league

We've got one skilful player in Gilmour but every nation is starting to produce more technical footballers in the modern game like that. Look at England with Foden, Grealish, Mount etc. Scotland hasn't suddenly caught up. We are as far away as ever compared to other nations.

Scotland's squad hasn't improved any more than England, Wales,NI or any other nation in the past 15 years. I think Hanley and Jack Hendry would of struggled to get a game back then likewise O'donnell. We are going no where.

I think the problem we have is being spoiled by being used to players who kick the ball to players wearing the same jumpers or spaces where these players can "run on tae it." We've also got used to strikers who can score and players who can, and are encourage, to take men on.

This was 19th century tactics booting it up to a big donkey and trying to play off the knocks. Scotland have some semi decent players (and some good player son the bench), but lumping it up the park like that would embarrass Livingstone and take the decent players out of the game.

And taking your best team out of the top league, and with that the chance for young Scottish players to come through. That's good for the national team, innit.

B-D

E32iHuGX0AcA2Xv

It’s obviously an edit but still funny.

Last edited:
I really struggle to grasp why Steve Clarke gets so little criticism. He scraped his way into this tournament with 2 penalty shootouts and other than that, there has been absolutely no improvement under him since taking over from Big Eck who got absolutely slaughtered.
He’s of the correct background for the media.

That's what money gets you. It's not representative of the whole league.
There is a lot of money in that league, not just the “big 6”. Leeds and Villa spent a small fortune and both had good seasons. McGinn played nearly every game for Villa and Cooper 22 times for Leeds.

Neither played well today but I don’t think that means they play in an overrated league.

Play like that against England and it will be over the first twenty minutes I do not know where the commentary team are getting the positives from at all.

Far,far too slow in possession,I was falling asleep watching that. Needed to hit the ground running.

Very disappointed watching that, it could have been so different if Clark knew his arse from his elbow. O'donnell FFS, he picks his players he 'trusts' just a shame they are all shite.

Back