Police arresting St Johnstone fans this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

T9 Row

Partner just called to say that Police had been round to her house this morning and arrested her son . Police apparently have been reviewing video footage of the celebrations around McDiarmid Park after their cup win and have been rounding fans up this morning.

He‘s a nice and generally sensible kid so do wonder what he actually did do to justify being arrested.

2021 in Scotland
True, but why should it only be Rangers fans who are being singled out?

Other clubs supporters "breached" the guidelines, so if good enough to go after Rangers fans it should be the case that other supports are looked at it.

I'm not saying it is correct but it has to be a level playing field.

*Caveat of obviously no idea what the fella is accused of so reserve the right to change my mind on this at a later date!

Last edited:
When will they start arresting the middle class demonstrators who broke Covid regulations, and stopped the police carrying out their duties in Pollokshields ?

Will they arrest MP's and MSP's who encouraged this law breaking, but slyly absented themselves from the proceedings ?

Partner just called to say that Police had been round to her house this morning and arrested her son . Police apparently have been reviewing video footage of the celebrations around McDiarmid Park after their cup win and have been rounding fans up this morning.

He‘s a nice and generally sensible kid so do wonder what he actually did do to justify being arrested.

If he claims Irish heritage through his family tree he should be ok. Tell him to contact MSP Dornan and Jeanette Findlay at Call It Out.

Football fans in general have been targeted by this mob for years now.

%^*& them and %^*& the officers that enforce it, couldn't care less how many are Rangers fans.

Horrible for the family involved however In the grander scheme of things, once these nonsense cases are in front of a judge and it's realised it's not just Rangers fans being targeted, it will stop. It will also unite smaller club fans to push for Celtic fans to be hammered for multiple lockdown breaches...and that's just the players!

He probably just enjoyed himself mate, I’m sure it was very “anti-Irish/catholic” too! They are playing a dangerous game targeting football fans.

Pathetic.
The police are making a dangerous environment for themselves.
Eventually if not already, the public will despise them and the implications for an unarmed police service with such a hostile public will rapidly become extremely difficult.

Horrible for the family involved however In the grander scheme of things, once these nonsense cases are in front of a judge and it's realised it's not just Rangers fans being targeted, it will stop. It will also unite smaller club fans to push for Celtic fans to be hammered for multiple lockdown breaches...and that's just the players!

You sure it will stop? I know personally fans of Rangers and them as well as other clubs who have been dragged through the courts for years with nonsensical cases related to football. Dragged through, names in the paper, banned from stadiums til the case is over just for it to get it dropped after years when the damage is already done.

This is nothing new and as much as folk on here say it, It's not just a big target on Rangers fans, It's the criminalisation of being a football fan.

You sure it will stop? I know personally fans of Rangers and them as well as other clubs who have been dragged through the courts for years with nonsensical cases related to football. Dragged through, names in the paper, banned from stadiums til the case is over just for it to get it dropped after years when the damage is already done.

This is nothing new and as much as folk on here say it, It's not just a big target on Rangers fans, It's the criminalisation of being a football fan.
It's purely on these smaller clubs fans and the smaller clubs board to defend their rights and fans rights, if it doesn't rally them then hell mend them. Rangers fans fight and we have a board who will fight with us, if football unites it's an easy win. Also highlighting the double standards compared to filth fans should rally them

Reactions: d72
Will the Perth scenes be COVID-19 regulations that were broken, hence the arrests?
after the LEAGUE cup win, fans had gathered letting off flares.

Guys no one knows what's happened, he could have assaulted someone or absolutely anything. He's hardly going to say it's ok mum I filled a lad in. He also might have done nothing but let's wait and see.

If its breaking lockdown restrictions then I expect Celtic fans to be identified and arrested for the crap that went on at park head.

Unfortunately if we are arrested then anyone should be arrested.

Thats just a dangerous mindset to have IMO. Young boys getting arrested for next to nothing and losing their livelihood is not on whether you support Rangers, Celtic or fuckin Annan.

As said above the double standards in some cases should definitely be pointed out by the fans of other clubs but that doesn't just mean accept everyone getting arrested because we get unfairly treated at times. Football fans and the working class are being actively targeted by these bastards.

Thats just a dangerous mindset to have IMO. Young boys getting arrested for next to nothing and losing their livelihood is not on whether you support Rangers, Celtic or fuckin Annan.

As said above the double standards in some cases should definitely be pointed out by the fans of other clubs but that doesn't just mean accept everyone getting arrested because we get unfairly treated at times. Football fans and the working class are being actively targeted by these bastards.
Why aren’t they arresting Sturgeon and Harvie , among others. They all broke the law.

disgusting

Its not a dangerous mindset. Its the only way to put a stop to this ridiculous strategy. If its Rangers' fans only then we're seen as the problem. If it affects others then the politicians and the general public wont stand for it.

Guys no one knows what's happened, he could have assaulted someone or absolutely anything. He's hardly going to say it's ok mum I filled a lad in. He also might have done nothing but let's wait and see.

If its breaking lockdown restrictions then I expect Celtic fans to be identified and arrested for the crap that went on at park head.
Eh, from any of the Videos I have seen, many of the Tramps in green & grey were doing a lot worse than breaking Covid rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back