Police arresting St Johnstone fans this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what Scotland voted for. We have a Police force that is under Political control. That is dangerous for any democracy.

St Johnstone fans are hardly known as a hotbed of ultra violent football fans. Winning two cups for the first time in their history surely a wee bit of exuberance can be allowed.

Thats just a dangerous mindset to have IMO. Young boys getting arrested for next to nothing and losing their livelihood is not on whether you support Rangers, Celtic or fuckin Annan.

As said above the double standards in some cases should definitely be pointed out by the fans of other clubs but that doesn't just mean accept everyone getting arrested because we get unfairly treated at times. Football fans and the working class are being actively targeted by these bastards.
I agree with you it should be all football fans who work together, but how many st, Johnstone fans or fans of other clubs would back us up?
I suspect not many if any at all, and how many of them voted Snp, let's see how other fans react to being treated like a second class citizen for being a football fan, off course unless you are a celtic or scotland fan that is different

True, but why should it only be Rangers fans who are being singled out?

Other clubs supporters "breached" the guidelines, so if good enough to go after Rangers fans it should be the case that other supports are looked at it.

I'm not saying it is correct but it has to be a level playing field.

*Caveat of obviously no idea what the fella is accused of so reserve the right to change my mind on this at a later date!
I agree, but this should extend beyond football and everyone held to the same standard.

So what about those hundreds who gathered and broke Covid law and prevented plod from doing their job in arresting the two illegal migrants?

What about those protesting in George Square in support of Palestine?

Whether it's fans celebrating or decent causes I have no problem with, but this illicit shower of shite in Holyrood are beyond the pale in their selectivity and being corrupt, bigoted incompetents that need hounded, but here we are, stuck with them for another 5 years. Happy days!!

Guys no one knows what's happened, he could have assaulted someone or absolutely anything. He's hardly going to say it's ok mum I filled a lad in. He also might have done nothing but let's wait and see.

If its breaking lockdown restrictions then I expect Celtic fans to be identified and arrested for the crap that went on at park head.
She said the cops that arrived at the door seemed apologetic for actually being there. They said he wouldn’t be handcuffed or taken to a cell, just processed with the others and released.

Pathetic.
The police are making a dangerous environment for themselves.
Eventually if not already, the public will despise them and the implications for an unarmed police service with such a hostile public will rapidly become extremely difficult.
This.

We are 'policed by consent' in The UK. We are generally a law abiding society. Hence our police don't need to be routinely armed.

If they (the polis) start acting like the gestapo then that consent could easily be withdrawn and anarchy will ensue.

Sorry, but no sympathy from me.
That is the state that the great Scottish public voted for, and is only the police being even handed. Why should just rangers fans be lifted?
Will be interesting to see if a certain Mr Cosgrove comments on this though.

Cosgrove will comment along the lines - " you cannot compare what happened in Perth, to the drunken ant-Catholic and anti-Irish racism in Glasgow".

She said the cops that arrived at the door seemed apologetic for actually being there. They said he wouldn’t be handcuffed or taken to a cell, just processed with the others and released.
What’s he getting charged with?

I agree, but this should extend beyond football and everyone held to the same standard.

So what about those hundreds who gathered and broke Covid law and prevented plod from doing their job in arresting the two illegal migrants?

What about those protesting in George Square in support of Palestine?

Whether it's fans celebrating or decent causes I have no problem with, but this illicit shower of shite in Holyrood are beyond the pale in their selectivity and being corrupt, bigoted incompetents that need hounded, but here we are, stuck with them for another 5 years. Happy days!!
You are correct. The difference between the other gatherings is they were actively encouraged by politicians so will, wrongly, be ignored by the Police.

What about TLB going to a "charity lunch" in Carlisle during restrictions on travel? Why was he not charged? Sitting in a pub getting absolutely hammered and not a word said.

Imagine that was Steven Gerrard?

That wouldnt happen.

SG has class.

Thats just a dangerous mindset to have IMO. Young boys getting arrested for next to nothing and losing their livelihood is not on whether you support Rangers, Celtic or fuckin Annan.

As said above the double standards in some cases should definitely be pointed out by the fans of other clubs but that doesn't just mean accept everyone getting arrested because we get unfairly treated at times. Football fans and the working class are being actively targeted by these bastards.
Whats wrong with Annan

Guys no one knows what's happened, he could have assaulted someone or absolutely anything. He's hardly going to say it's ok mum I filled a lad in. He also might have done nothing but let's wait and see.

If its breaking lockdown restrictions then I expect Celtic fans to be identified and arrested for the crap that went on at park head.
You expect scum fans to be arrested? Really? That happened last November the cup final celebrations were in May. The crime detection unit of the snp are not interested in scum fans. I would imagine they are cracking down on St Johnstone fans to be able to say we dont just target Rangers fans.
It really is pathetic. PEados roam the streets and when they break bail only get a £50 fine yet resources are thrown at arresting guys celebrating a football match.
Scotland is phucked as a country

Shocking that we live under this way.

I await to see if those gathering in London on Friday are dealt with the same way. I don't think so. they will be waved off and welcomed home like heroes.

This.

We are 'policed by consent' in The UK. We are generally a law abiding society. Hence our police don't need to be routinely armed.

If they (the polis) start acting like the gestapo then that consent could easily be withdrawn and anarchy will ensue.
The British public are normally very trusting of the police.
That trust is based upon an acknowledgement of fairness and that they are not the arm of the State to be used by Government as an agency of bureaucratic agenda.

Yet it is becoming clear that the police in Scotland seem to be responding to the diktat of the SNP and their political prejudices.
Certain football supporters are harassed over supposed guideline breaches that in normal times would be their just rights as free people, whilst political agitators blatantly breaking the nation's law in a manner that suited SNP policy are left totally unscathed.
This is a recipe for a future civil conflict.

Currently, we live in a democracy where ordinary people are kept distracted by the dumbing down through social media, superfluous consumerism and a deluge of meaningless television shows.
Eventually, citizens wake up as government inevitably overreach and when they do it is often with a vicious response.
The SNP are the most dangerous political movement ever to arise on the mainland UK and if they aren't stopped soon the consequences will be ugly.

The pressure is already building on London authorities to set up a fanzone for the tartan mentally challengeds.Watch the papers start to ramp it up yet we are treated as criminals

I remember posters on here having dogs at me for saying people will be arrested for being outside Ibrox and in George Sq.

Know thy enemy.

Absolute shit show. Policing is regressing at a tremendous rate of knots HOWEVER our fans have suffered at the hands of the Police. Where were the arrests after them across the city celebrated their 8.75 in a row tainted quadruple?

You sure it will stop? I know personally fans of Rangers and them as well as other clubs who have been dragged through the courts for years with nonsensical cases related to football. Dragged through, names in the paper, banned from stadiums til the case is over just for it to get it dropped after years when the damage is already done.

This is nothing new and as much as folk on here say it, It's not just a big target on Rangers fans, It's the criminalisation of being a football fan.
You might put me right here but I don’t remember reading about fans of Celtic, Aberdeen or any other club and there have been plenty of examples.

Meanwhile in the real world wee neds are destroying and intimidating decent people who live in fear in housing schemes all over the country with little or nothing done.
Police Scotland hierarchy should be ashamed of themselves.
Yes and the highest drug related deaths v population in Europe but that’s not a priority for this laughable government it’s all about getting jobs for the boys and getting independence for what would be a bankrupt state . But wait let’s spend money investigating and arresting some young lad who was celebrating his team winning a cup or someone else who allegedly offended Someone who’s great great great grandad was from Ireland .?

Well I was in the shop this morning and had a glance at one of our esteemed newspaper saying Scotland fans were being refused permission to gather down in a park in London for the Scotland v England game on Friday.Will be interesting to see what the papers will be saying the SFA and the SNP should be doing to discourage fans travelling down without tickets and gathering in large groups.Also be interesting to see if there are any arrests for anyone who gathers.

This is what Scotland voted for. We have a Police force that is under Political control. That is dangerous for any democracy.

St Johnstone fans are hardly known as a hotbed of ultra violent football fans. Winning two cups for the first time in their history surely a wee bit of exuberance can be allowed.
Wrong club colours for it to be excused

Partner just called to say that Police had been round to her house this morning and arrested her son . Police apparently have been reviewing video footage of the celebrations around McDiarmid Park after their cup win and have been rounding fans up this morning.

He‘s a nice and generally sensible kid so do wonder what he actually did do to justify being arrested.
That’s pathetic!! Police should be spending their time and resources arresting actual criminals, not young lads celebrating what was an incredible, probably once in a generation achievement for St Johnstone supporters! Scotland needs to get a grip!

You might put me right here but I don’t remember reading about fans of Celtic, Aberdeen or any other club and there have been plenty of examples.

I do appreciate that theres double standards there mate but Celtic fans have definitely been arrested for trivial shite related to football over the last few years aswell. Again, It's probably disproportionate and It's not right but for me this is a wider problem where football fans get treated like 2nd class citizens.

I understand where you're coming from in an ordinary, sensible country point of view but this is natsi Scotland, and so I don't agree.
This shitshow is never going to stop if just Rangers fans are being targeted. Only when the likes of St Johnstone fans and others get arrested for the sake of it then the public may take notice.
Even then the inevitable comments will be "ah but rangers fans always deserve it, everybody else is just being picked on".
All we want is a level playing field and ultimately it should be achieved through any means possible.

And, I'd bet, the St Johnstone fans arrested will be fucking yessers so hell mend them. :D

The fans of Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City and Leeds United must be getting worried now.

Oops! What am I saying?

Partner just called to say that Police had been round to her house this morning and arrested her son . Police apparently have been reviewing video footage of the celebrations around McDiarmid Park after their cup win and have been rounding fans up this morning.

He‘s a nice and generally sensible kid so do wonder what he actually did do to justify being arrested.
This country is a joke. THEY SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON REAL CRIMINALS FFS. ACAB.

Apparently took his fingerprints to match those that were on pyro that was thrown, he said he didn’t have or touch any of it.

He also has bail conditions restricting travelling or using public transport on Saints away days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back