Sam Lammers - Eredivisie Player of the month

Glad he is doing well. We should get our money back for him at least. The guy clearly has ability but just never showed it enough. When he scored that cracker against Dundee I thought that was him turning a corner, then he went back to looking like the big giraffe on ice.
He's a really poor player. But good for mid table team.

When he missed the chance in the first OF rounding hart, you knew he wasn't a winner

He's a really poor player. But good for mid table team.

When he missed the chance in the first OF rounding hart, you knew he wasn't a winner
That ones sticks in my head. Did well right up until the last then his arse collapsed. Was there not another sitter in that same game that he missed?

Good news and well done to him.

Should make it pretty easy for us to recoup most of our outlay on him, if not Utrecht then another Dutch side.

Now hear me out. This may be a very unpopular opinion but I think we should remember what we endured in the first half of the season and ask the government to cancel his visa so that we can be completely certain he doesn’t come back.

In all seriousness some players suit some leagues. He is obviously a good match for the Eredivise. Recoup what we can, call Michael Beale a useless prick and try and forget!

It's a great advertisement for selling him in the summer and might even have a few other clubs wanting to take a punt on him.

Such a basic thing so many of our fans just can't seem to work out.

Same with those wanting the manager to publicly call out guys like Lundstram & Barisic at this stage of the season.

Baffling that fans think they know how to handle these situations better than a guy who has played professional football & won league titles.
I think most of us do work that out, me included but we do have a right to vent our anger at players who simply aren't really that fkn bothered meanwhile winning this league means to world to us. Poor form is one thing, poor effort is quite another.

At this stage in the season the more the merrier up top.

But he had his chance for me, hope we sell for decent money and don’t see him coming back.

He was pushed off the ball in this league.

And as far as I know he seen himself as a number 10.

Last edited:
So did I, he even said himself in his unveiling interview he's a number 9 who's here to score goals, yet was played as this weird hybrid number 10/right forward role that's totally alien to him at a new club and league.

The tactical geniuses on here don't give players time or a chance.
I wouldn't be disappointed to see him back but also think it's very very hard to turn around for him. Despite how well he is playing. Ironic though if we didn't already know him people would be desperate to get him here based on this season's form.

Yep, the only good times he has had in his entire career have been in Holland.

Some players just suit certain leagues
It's his own country end of the day. There'll be plenty of Scottish players that haven't adjusted to life in other countries and looked rotten. It's not for everyone, not just footballers. Home comforts and all that.

Still think there's more chance him going out on loan again... Or maybe Ibrox Noise will be right and Feyenoord will give us 8 million.

Incredible turnaround in his fortunes considering how he played with us. It goes to show how other factors in a players environment can play a major part in their performance levels.
Wish him well.

You could see flashes of brilliance in his play sometimes, I mean he would do a lot of silly things, but occasionally you could see him do really good things, so there is undoubtedly a good player in there.

When playing at us he seemed very low in confidence, you could tell by his general demeanour that he didn't seem confident. Going on loan seems to have given him a good shock to the system and he is a playing with a lot more confidence.

We also played him out of position, he is playing in a more favourable central position at Utrecht.

They are playing him as a striker seemingly his natural position, we played him in midfield
He couldn’t pass or finish easy chances. Pushing him 10 yards more wouldn’t have solved it.

He has had 5 clubs in 4 years. It’s a mental issue. He performs at home.

Not sure if it’s PTSD, but didn’t we play him in the middle of the park once or twice? :-0

He couldn’t pass or finish easy chances. Pushing him 10 yards more wouldn’t have solved it.

He has had 5 clubs in 4 years. It’s a mental issue. He performs at home.
Exactly. Missed an open goal against Celtic in the first Old Firm game, after doing the hard work to put Hart on his arse.

And before anyone says it was a tight angle, it was a tap in.

Back