Best ever skill in a Gers game?

Edmond Dantes

What is the best piece of individual skill you have ever seen from a rangers player? In recent years it might have been Aribo taking the ball down in one touch and continuing his run against celtic, Defoe's first time goal against Livi or Ryan Kent embarrassing celtic.

My generation might remember the Mols' turn, Kanchelskis standing on the ball or Barry's pivot against leverkusen?

Maybe you were lucky enough to see Cooper or even Baxter or maybe you just liked twinkle toed Nathan Oduwa?

Kent against the filth in May. Absolutely ripped Taylor to pieces.

Arveladze had an outrageous back heel flick years ago on first day of the season to set up a goal against Livi.

Prso Overhead kick in a friendly against Fulham

Two moments from Amato spring to mind.

v Celtic assisting Rod Wallace

v Parma (If Durie scores that header that goal would be still talked about today)
That second half was briliant; they couldn't live with him.

Negri's 3rd goal out of his 5 against Dundee United was excellent but for me Coopers goal against that mob

Broadfoot chesting it and flicking it over McGeadys head in the 4-2 game was up there in terms of hilarity.

De Boer scored a cracker v Kilmarnock at Ibrox tied 3 of their defenders in knots and placed one in the bottom corner.

Arveladze backheel v livi also up there as previously stated

Souness had some classic moments, sending the Filth midfield on their way with his dummy and pirouette at Ibrox, beating the offside trap on his own (on a Europen Cup night - maybe Kiev?) before falling over in slow motion :)
Candeias back-heel to send Alfie away from the halfway line to score (v Vienna?)
Walters trap and turn from the goallie clearance at Tynecastle,
Mols turns, Kent skinning Celtic (repeatedly) of late & every time Brian Laudrup graced the pitch!

Arteta trapping the ball with his hamstring before standing up and curling a 25 yarder into the top corner v Dunfermline at East End Park

Also Kent’s superman push and Morelos slapping lego eaters baldy napper at the piggery were moments of individual brilliance.

Could choose dozens of Mols' turns. Work of art, genuinely haven't seen another player replicate it the way he could do it.

Kancbelski
What is the best piece of individual skill you have ever seen from a rangers player? In recent years it might have been Aribo taking the ball down in one touch and continuing his run against celtic, Defoe's first time goal against Livi or Ryan Kent embarrassing celtic.

My generation might remember the Mols' turn, Kanchelskis standing on the ball or Barry's pivot against leverkusen?

Maybe you were lucky enough to see Cooper or even Baxter or maybe you just liked twinkle toed Nathan Oduw
Always kanchelskis that first jumps out as the answer here for me

Too many youngsters on here when they mention Aribo and Kent with the best skills they have seen... I’m not even 35 yet and I feel old

Could choose dozens of Mols' turns. Work of art, genuinely haven't seen another player replicate it the way he could do it.
My favourite player ever, I was just at that age when he joined where it became full hero worship unfortunately I turn like an oil tanker and am build like alfie before a pre season

Laudrup chipping the ball over the keeper from the goal line
I didn't even remember that, and apart from Cooper v Celtic it's probably the best thing on this thread. He does that almost instinctively - it's his second touch, barely even steadies himself. Most players wouldn't have thought of doing that - Laudrup executes it clinically, like it was a tap-in from two yards or a penalty.

That's how fortunate we were to see him play for our team.

Kanchelskis standing on the ball then creating a goal.

Prefer this one myself

CookedDeliciousBlackbird-size_restricted.gif

Back