"Has it ever been home?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the same way that Scotland is the home of golf, England is the home of football.

So for me when the biggest tournament in the continent is based there, football is effectively coming home.

At the time the song was penned, the misnomer was 30 years of hurt..

Last edited:
It’s getting out of control already ffs:D

Imagine firstly asking such a stupid question and secondly continuing with it.

Last night highlights of England and Ukraine at half time of a Euro’s semi final between Italy and Spain.

Hopefully Denmark end this coming home pish tonight.

Don’t want to come across as an England hater because I’ve got no problem with them winning it, they have a really likeable squad of players this tournament and Southgate seems a nice guy. But %^*& me the media can be unbearable at times. What a stupid question, England is not the centre of the universe. The Danish or Italian players are not trying to stop England, they’re trying to win it for their own country.
Reminds me a bit of when some outlets would just focus on the whole “stopping the 10” thing rather than us winning 55.

World in motion blows it out the water.
It just doesn't.

Much as I can't stand the England football team and want them to lose nearly every time they play, this song (Three Lions) is an absolute cracker. I love the song and am happy to sing it any time. World in Motion was a decent song but I bet hardly anyone could remember most of the lyrics. That's what differentiates them.

But there's arguments it was invented in Scotland
I guarantee you someone in stone age times kicked a sheep's bladder out of the cave and got a high five from his neanderthal mate, but that doesn't make it football as we know it. You have to start somewhere and it's generally accepted it started in England. That's where the first recognised teams were founded.

Think some people need to dry their eyes on here. I don't want England to win but would people be questioning the Scottish media if it was us asking a foreigner about things to do with the Scotland team? Or Rangers TV if we were playing Real Madrid in the CL semi-final? Of course not - so leave them to it - we'd do exactly the same.

Think some people need to dry their eyes on here. I don't want England to win but would people be questioning the Scottish media if it was us asking a foreigner about things to do with the Scotland team? Or Rangers TV if we were playing Real Madrid in the CL semi-final? Of course not - so leave them to it - we'd do exactly the same.
You assume everyone is picking sides - It's ok to think all these things are tinpot and embarrassing.

Don’t want to come across as an England hater because I’ve got no problem with them winning it, they have a really likeable squad of players this tournament and Southgate seems a nice guy. But %^*& me the media can be unbearable at times. What a stupid question, England is not the centre of the universe. The Danish or Italian players are not trying to stop England, they’re trying to win it for their own country.
Reminds me a bit of when some outlets would just focus on the whole “stopping the 10” thing rather than us winning 55.
At least that lot had won something for us to 'stop'. England have done nothing so far.

Last night highlights of England and Ukraine at half time of a Euro’s semi final between Italy and Spain.

Where is the oldest club in the world?
Where was the first league formed?
Where was the first cup competition played?
Thats what is meant by “home”.

I actually want England to win it now because they're the only home nation left.

This is one of the reasons I want England to win tonight.

Where is the oldest club in the world?
Where was the first league formed?
Where was the first cup competition played?
Thats what is meant by “home”.
So England are just jolly well pleased that the semi's and final have come to the home of football ?
They have no expectation that England are bound to win it through any sense of entitlement?

Last edited:
It just doesn't.

Much as I can't stand the England football team and want them to lose nearly every time they play, this song (Three Lions) is an absolute cracker. I love the song and am happy to sing it any time. World in Motion was a decent song but I bet hardly anyone could remember most of the lyrics. That's what differentiates them.
There's a reason Three Lions is still being played and sung so much 25 years from it's release.

Vindaloo was better than World In Motion.

Not having a go but I was wondering what it is about the song you detest?I think some of the lyrics are good but the chorus a bit repetitive.In fact with a few tweaks I could see it being belted out at Ibrox.
It has been belted out at Ibrox
"The league flag's coming home"

Also got an airing at McDiarmid Park when bits of the piggery roof breaking off caused a game to be postponed.
"It's falling down, it's falling, parkheeds falling down"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back