Pathetic Quality From Castore

I joined the ranks of the pissed off today. Within an hour of getting my new top out of its packaging, my wife noticed the seam was not sewn on the armpit. Not happy. Even worse, castore want me to pay £3 for the privilege of returning it.
Surely if its faulty then you shouldn't have to pay to return it.

Wee man decided he wants to be a goalkeeper, don't have kids goalkeeper kits so had to fork out best part of a hundred quid for the Junior Small sizes.

surely by now the club must know how
pissed off, 1,000's of us are?
i've ordered 4 different times and the ONLY
item i am happy with, is the black/orange
55 champions trucker cap.....and the castore logo
or name, is nowhere to be found.

It's common place in general that companies cut corners to increase their profit margin, however their QC dept. should be gutted for not doing their job.
I don't accept poor quality goods, especially when the lack of attention to detail is clearly evident.

Think about what chocolate bar companies did long ago to increase their profits, made them smaller and charged the same price.

It’s a pity the chaps at Castore have went dark.
I’d like to know why we are charged £48 for a training top yet the Wolves equivalent is £35.
some of the price differences are shocking. Rangers fans are getting fleeced again.

Was the infant kit ever actually avaliable mate? I went to buy it for my twin boys on release day as well but it was quickly taken down from the site
Are you thinking of the baby kit? That wasn't on, infants 2-3 was as I purchased it.

Tried to cancel the order as it's been two weeks and they're refusing with their "already printed the label" bollocks. They don't seem to understand what is a me problem and what is a you problem.

Gotta laugh when people are actually showing off on this thread that they've made purchases and they are in good condition after a week / month / year.

I'd expect that kind of patter from kids in Africa when their boxes of tops get delivered and they get them out to compare.
It's the cult of Castore. Pure odd behaviour.

With exception of the Admiral shell suit turning purple and a total recall on the orange/blue striped number we've never had so many problems with a manufacturer.

Wee man decided he wants to be a goalkeeper, don't have kids goalkeeper kits so had to fork out best part of a hundred quid for the Junior Small sizes.
Maybe you can answer me then since Castore don't want to reply to my emails on it, Grandson needs size 7/8 goalkeeper kit but i don't know if they are just not in stock or if they don't actually make any goalkeepers kits for under 10's.

If you can't buy a kid a goalie top in his size then that is a hug piss take

For people defending castore - I don't get it. We're not insulting the club.

Had my black Hummel top on earlier, still absolutely perfect quality. Last season's away castore is missing the castore logo and parts of the sponsor! I wear an away umbro kit from about 2006 to my bed and it's in better quality than last season's castore.

I won't be buying anything this year
I've put my purchases on hold spent over 700 pounds last season, but this year to date zilch well not since the commemorative 20-21 which I ordered in March.
Those two tops took 4 weeks from Hermes despatch email 4th. of June.
They need to lift their game considerably as I won't pay good money to take a gamble on 2nd class merchandise and shitey delivery service.
They need to get Hermes off the job on overseas deliveries as they mucked up what was great service from DHL.

Maybe you can answer me then since Castore don't want to reply to my emails on it, Grandson needs size 7/8 goalkeeper kit but i don't know if they are just not in stock or if they don't actually make any goalkeepers kits for under 10's.

If you can't buy a kid a goalie top in his size then that is a hug piss take
Junior small is for a 7-8 year old mate.
That's the smallest they make goalie strip.
You have to buy it all as separate items.
£50 for the gk top £28 for the shorts ans 12 for the socks.
Eye watering.
They have plenty in the buchanan store.

So I've been offered a 20% refund on the dodgy infant kit today (which I shared a photo of a page or two back in the thread).

They asked me to return it for a replacement (stocks pending) initially but I told them I'd be grudgingly be holding onto it.

- I explained that it was my 6 year old daughters first ever kit which she loves and it's been a struggle to get her to wear anything else since it arrived. Kids do not pick up on flaws (even pretty major ones) like us and to have to return it would have left her without a strip to wear to her wee football training camp in the meantime.

- All of the infant kits are also currently out of stock. There never seems to be enough to cope with demand, and god knows how long I'd end up having to wait for a replacement.

- I don't trust them to provide a replacement top of any higher quality having had 4 dodgy efforts sent my way already.

They did say they'd be flagging this after I went a wee bit rant mode, but I feel it's just a generic sort of response.

I'd rather not have any refund and just have a f**king decent effort at stitching instead of it looking like it's been done by Michael J Fox.

Junior small is for a 7-8 year old mate.
That's the smallest they make goalie strip.
You have to buy it all as separate items.
£50 for the gk top £28 for the shorts ans 12 for the socks.
Eye watering.
They have plenty in the buchanan store.
Cheers mate, what a shambles that you can’t buy goalkeepers kits for kids younger than that, obviously they are not as popular as home kits but you would think they would have a small amount for sale

Last edited:
Cheers mate, what a shambles that you can’t buy goalkeepers kits for kids younger than that, obvuouy they are not as pipular as home kits but you would think they would have a small amount for sale
My son is only 5 and I had to buy the 7 year old stuff.
Shocking

Received delivery of my boys top today and noticed a small hole on one of the sleeves. Initially was annoyed then thought it’s something quite minor so couldn’t be bothered going to the hassle of returning and waiting for a new one. Anyway, noticed 3 more larger holes on that back and have decided to request a replacement. I’m sure it’s been covered but what’s the best email address to contact?

Received delivery of my boys top today and noticed a small hole on one of the sleeves. Initially was annoyed then thought it’s something quite minor so couldn’t be bothered going to the hassle of returning and waiting for a new one. Anyway, noticed 3 more larger holes on that back and have decided to request a replacement. I’m sure it’s been covered but what’s the best email address to contact?
If you live near to Glasgow then I'd suggest returning it to either Ibrox or buchanan galleries store.

It's hopefully time to start serving notice on castore and the snideness in this thread to stop. I have multiple folk I've know for 20 odd years, I've never heard them say bad about Rangers nor criticise on social media, but most of them have chucked castore and have had continual issues, just like we see repeated time after time in this thread. It won't affect me cos I won't be paying the ridiculous prices for their sub standard trash. However, the support, after this last decade do have another mob ripping the pish right out of us. There is no excuse now, none at all. How did we get by in days past with less technology etc with superior equipment to this garbage?

Question to one of the admins who seemed believe there would be an exit available depute the 5 year contract. 1,do you believe that is a possibility and 2, would Rangers in your opinion have any appetite to end this shit show?

Bought last seasons home top in the sale at the end of season, 2 washes in at 30 degrees and the energy check at the back is already starting to make it's escape from the top!

When I had a faulty top, replaced with a credit note was concierge@rangersstore.co.uk

order number photo of item etc will be needed.

The SLO can only put the comments across to the retail division.
Perhaps if everyone who complained on here would do likewise directly to Rangers then you might see some action taken.

I had some email correspondence with Castore a couple of weeks ago after they screwed up an(other) order. I thought about copying in @Greg Marshall but thought he'd have more important things to worry about than my order.

But, maybe if everyone did that it would give him a better idea of the scale of the issues?

I think someone may have posted an email address for the marketing department as well but I wasn't scrolling through 6,000 posts to find it. :D

Just got home from offshore today went upstairs opened my new home top carefully expecting it not to fit (size L) or to have some defects only to be pleasantly surprised no defects at all and fits perfectly (even the Mrs likes it on me)

Last edited:
Question to one of the admins who seemed believe there would be an exit available depute the 5 year contract. 1,do you believe that is a possibility and 2, would Rangers in your opinion have any appetite to end this shit show?
1 - It’s a possibility but there has to be an appetite from another manufacturer to do it. It’s happened a lot recently with teams, normally when there’s a couple of years left. I firmly believe other manufacturers who wouldn’t have got involved with us under Sports Direct rule will be looking at what’s going on with us now and fancy being with us.

2 - I’d imagine it would need to be on better terms as for all Castore’s faults, the club should be getting paid quite well from it. However it would appear Bisgrove doesn’t want to know about Castore issues for reasons he can only answer. Could be due to the first part of this point.

One thing about this Castore deal is I really wish we didn’t go bawdeep into it with them. 2 years would have been better but maybe it had to be longer to get rid of Ashley. I just feel with us potentially being in the Champions League proper over the next few years we’ve dropped a bollock there as there would have been better contracts out there if it was out for tender again soon.

5 year deal with the option of 3 is what I heard. Problem is that they pay. Always pay. They're a good kit partner that way. I do think that it's diabolical that we pay more than Wolves for example, for kit.

My sons a bit pished, the letter C on his Champions track suit top has started to crack. Out of stock, so can't get a replacement. Another one to the list Castore........

Was in the store replacing 2 faulty home tops & the amount of tops on the rails with faulty stitching at the V neck & on the crest was unbelievable to the point genuinely took a while to get a suitable replacement.

Anyone doubting the crap being served to us should pop in & have a look at the products first hand to see the inconsistency in quality and/or look at the pile of returns behind the counter.

I have bought football tops for over 20 years & checking individual items has never even been a thing that crossed my mind until had this deal.

Everyone wants this deal to be prosperous for the benefit of the club but there is one party falling way short with their side of the bargain!

We can put up with designs or items we don’t personally like but one thing we should never put up with is being charged a premium(for what is not clear) for cheap crap.

I don't particularly like the designs but the price of their stuff compared to ours is a p**s take.

I don't care where it's made or what the agreement is they're having a laugh with us.
Just had a look on the Wolves site and yes, they are ripping the pish out of us, in more ways than one.

I have bought football tops for over 20 years & checking individual items has never even been a thing that crossed my mind until had this deal.

Everything you’ve said is spot on but this here is the part that really resonates with me because it’s the exact same thing I do now. Castore simply cannot be trusted to produce the majority of stock without any issues so this is what we need to do.

I got a high quality version it seems.

Stitching, position, angle all spot on.

It feels a littler tighter on at the chest, but never measured it.

Good quality top and I like it.

Had it been white instead of gold, then I reckon it would have been truly iconic.

Everything you’ve said is spot on but this here is the part that really resonates with me because it’s the exact same thing I do now. Castore simply cannot be trusted to produce the majority of stock without any issues so this is what we need to do.
I posted a few days ago I seen someone wearing our new top in the shop, I found myself checking out the stitching and logos for defects. Ridiculous this is the things we need to do with this mobs stuff!

I bought the top two weeks ago I’ve yet to wear it every time I look at this thread I get up and check it again.
I‘ve seen a few posts on social media about Adidas kit having similar issues probably the same sweat shops that knock out most kit. Pity we didn’t stick with Hummel they’re stuff was great (I know about the elite issues) just pointing out the merchandise was very good.

Back