Nnamdi Ofoborh

It's a blow from a footballing perspective but good news that it's been caught now.

Would these tests not be carried out during his medical?

How was that not picked up in his medical? Scary he passed a medical and had they not done a pre season check it might not have been found with potentially horrible outcome. Sincerely hope the lad is fine.
Depends what it is. An ECG is only going to pick up issues with heart rhythm and they are sometimes intermittent. Standard cardiac investigations when something like this is suspected would usually see a patient wearing a digital monitor for, at points, up to a week to try and catch the arrhythmia.

That's awful for the lad. Hopefully a minor issue, given the signing medical was fine, but that has to be a real worry for him and his family. In truth, that's far more important than anything to do with football. Hope this turns out to be something that allows him to continue his career but, more importantly, to get on and lead a full and normal life.

How was that not picked up in his medical? Scary he passed a medical and had they not done a pre season check it might not have been found with potentially horrible outcome. Sincerely hope the lad is fine.

It’s probably an arrhythmia that wasn’t occurring when he had his medical ecg. The suggestion that this Rangers organisation wouldn’t operate to best practice standards with medicals is ridiculous.

Am I right in saying this is something that will need to be monitored and will not have a bearing on his career unless something happens?
It is something a lot of people have and live with, right?

I'm glad that our great medical staff have seen this quickly and that he gets the best treatment possible, might be minor ( I really hope so ) might not be but all that matters is he is in good hands.

Am I right in saying this is something that will need to be monitored and will not have a bearing on his career unless something happens?
It is something a lot of people have and live with, right?
It all depends on what exactly has been found on his ecg. Early detection certainly helps, but no way of knowing how serious or otherwise or how treatable or otherwise it is until he gets the proper diagnosis.

An ECG irregularity can be caused by lots of different problems including dehydration. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

Back